Honest opinion on the Seeker- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2015

Honest opinion on the Seeker

Been doing a lot of searching and research and looking to spend about $1000 on a new bike and everything keeps coming back to the Seeker... should I pull the trigger and buy it? Just looking for some insight. And how hard if I do get it is it to put together?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Wconner View Post
    Been doing a lot of searching and research and looking to spend about $1000 on a new bike and everything keeps coming back to the Seeker... should I pull the trigger and buy it? Just looking for some insight. And how hard if I do get it is it to put together?

Thanks.
    Your search is bringing you to the right place. I don't know another company throwing so much on a bike for less than $1000. It is the same frame as the higher spec'd Goblin and Goblin XO. I built up a Goblin frame for my wife and we love it. Good geometry, clean, and rides very well (excellent for the price). Honestly, I would have a really hard time shelling out $400 more for the Trek X Cal 9 that doesn't even have as nice of a fork. The assembly is actually fairly easy. With YouTube videos out there to help. Again, as a long time shop wrench and I had my Evo together in less than 10 minutes. Everything is almost spot on right out of the box. If you feel like a pro needs to take a look a honest bike shop should charge 50-60 to double check the gears etc. They really don't need a full tune up.
    Last edited by RSDSav; 02-26-2015 at 07:06 PM.

mtbr member
    RSDSav hit the nail on the head - Airborne (no matter the model you eventually choose) is the best bang for the buck out there, easy to assemble, and customer service is superior.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Pull the trigger!! You won't regret it. I've had a seeker since April 2013 and love it. You CANNOT get a better spec'd bike for the price and people will never beleive you when you say what it cost lol.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Thanks guys. Should be placing my order within the next week. Just have trouble check my size. Any opinions on a good set of fairly inexpensive platforms? Or opinions on other tires?

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    How tall are you? Pedals I run either Wellgo MG1 and Azonic 420 pedals.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    5'10" 200 lbs.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Wconner View Post
    5'10" 200 lbs.
    I would go with an 18. I'm 5 11 and have an 18 Evo. I always go with the smaller size if I think I'm between.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I own a seeker and agree with all above. Great bike and the price leaves room for making minor changes to suit your style. Since I felt so good about the priceof the bike, I splurged and bought Canfield crampon flats in orange. I read they were the best flats out there and I agree after owning them. They are so thin, yet strong. I am 245 lbs and they are holding up well. As far as tires, one tip is you can mount the Geax AKA's in the rear backwards to the arrow on the tire and it will give you more traction on the trail. If riding mixed road and trail, leave it normal. They have reasonable grip until you get into muddy conditions. I just bought a pair of 2015 Nobby Nics to start out next season. Haven't mounted them yet, so not much to say.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Thanks everyone. Happy to say I pulled the trigger and ordered and 18" earlier. Now if it would hurry up and get here because the next weekend in VA is going to be super nice ride weather.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Congratulations! Welcome to the family!

mtbr member
    Jan 2015

Honest opinion on the Seeker

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Got my Seeker saturday. Straight out the box setup was easy. Put it together in 20 minutes and hit the trails at Poor Farm. Trails were a little muddy but this bike owned it. The 29s rolled over anything in my way. I feel like it instantly raised my confidence. Just need to adjust the Recon for my weight and I can't wait to ride it some more. Thanks everyone for their input in picking this bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Congrats man! I purchased a Guardian and did some upgrades to basically Goblin Specs- Airbornes are awesome bikes, to be sure. Does anyone happen to know if the Guardian and the Seeker bike share a frame?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fooldall1 View Post
    Congrats man! I purchased a Guardian and did some upgrades to basically Goblin Specs- Airbornes are awesome bikes, to be sure. Does anyone happen to know if the Guardian and the Seeker bike share a frame?
    Yep, they share the same frame with the Goblin, just different paint schemes.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    They share the same geometry but are different. The most noticeable difference is that te Guardian does not have to tapered steerer tube like the seeker and goblin. Unless they have changed that recently

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RSDSav View Post
    They share the same geometry but are different. The most noticeable difference is that te Guardian does not have to tapered steerer tube like the seeker and goblin. Unless they have changed that recently
    Ahh - that's right - thanks RSDSav.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I did alot of research as well and loved my old MTB until it got stolen.

I'm pretty happy with my seeker. I think I'll have it for a decade before I get another bike. I hope this time it's by choice!

Enjoy your Seeker!

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by BodyLinksystems View Post
    I did alot of research as well and loved my old MTB until it got stolen.

I'm pretty happy with my seeker. I think I'll have it for a decade before I get another bike. I hope this time it's by choice!

Enjoy your Seeker!
    Did you get some platforms yet? I got the VP Vice Pedals for my EVO and love them so far.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    No platforms yet. Still looking around to find what is a good deal and feel. Been riding on some Wellago plastic pedals since i got the bike. they are all beat to hell and braking up so I need something soon. haha.