Has anyone been able to get Airborne on the phone?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2013

Has anyone been able to get Airborne on the phone?

I've been calling since last Thursday. I know they had an event last weekend but there is also one this weekend. Looking to order but have questions.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Try email. I emailed them a week or two ago and got a response early the next day.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I've done both, I just got an email for the second day in a row saying they will call me tomorrow

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    When they lost Jeremy, things have gone downhill. I think Erik is the only one in customer service and he must be swamped all by himself. Come on Airborne, get him some help.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I spoke with them yesterday. It doesn't sound like any new inventory of 16-18's until late may or late june Which sucks because I was really set on an Airborne bike but I can't wait until half the summer is over

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelsrex View Post
    I spoke with them yesterday. It doesn't sound like any new inventory of 16-18's until late may or late june Which sucks because I was really set on an Airborne bike but I can't wait until half the summer is over
    If you have the cash in hand, craigslist is the place to find some awesome deals. Just research the buy/sell section on different forums before you make an offer to give you an idea of what you should pay.
    Last edited by TMO8853; 04-23-2015 at 01:38 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelsrex View Post
    18" what? There's an 18" Goblin Evo on Pinkbike right now, but you have to pick it up in San Diego. The price is right, though.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Westorbust View Post
    18" what? There's an 18" Goblin Evo on Pinkbike right now, but you have to pick it up in San Diego. The price is right, though.
    I saw that one on Craigslist. Smoking deal. I'm fairly local too, but I already have an 18" Evo.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bttocs View Post
    When they lost Jeremy, things have gone downhill. I think Erik is the only one in customer service and he must be swamped all by himself. Come on Airborne, get him some help.
    Yep. I had to private message Jeremy who then had to private message Erik to get someone to call me.

Pretty happy with the EVO overall as a bike. Wouldnt buy an Airborne again though until they get their sh*t together, if they even do. I wouldnt recommend them. Out of inventory in March, cant call on phone, slow to answer emails....

Buy form a company you can get a hold of.
    People ask me all the time "who beat you up"? I tell them "a tree". They just look at me funny....

mtbr member
    It's a shame this is happening. If you are going to be direct to consumer you have to invest in customer service. You are selling your customers on the idea that they don't need the local bike shop to get a great bike only their service is proving that you do. If they can't be bothered to sell the bike how are they going to handle a problem?
    He who dares....wins!

Sawyer Gnome
    Quote Originally Posted by pattongb View Post
    Yep. I had to private message Jeremy who then had to private message Erik to get someone to call me.

Pretty happy with the EVO overall as a bike. Wouldnt buy an Airborne again though until they get their sh*t together, if they even do. I wouldnt recommend them. Out of inventory in March, cant call on phone, slow to answer emails....

Buy form a company you can get a hold of.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It's a shame this is happening. If you are going to be direct to consumer you have to invest in customer service. You are selling your customers on the idea that they don't need the local bike shop to get a great bike only their service is proving that you do. If they can't be bothered to sell the bike how are they going to handle a problem?

You people (and a few others around here lately) are seriously ****ing ridiculous. Do you need help wiping in the bathroom too? I hear more whining in this forum than from my three little kids.

The way they sell at the pricepoint they do requires a skeleton staff and minimal hand-holding. You're grown ass men; read the geo numbers posted clearly for all to see and decide for yourself if you think the bike will fit. Or don't, and go to the local bike store, which is another perfectly fine option, and probably one well suited for people needing such levels of guidance. A direct to consumer, internet deal is probably not the choice for you.

For me, I knew what I liked and didn't about my old bike; knew roughly what I was looking for; read the geo chart and spec list, and ordered the bike. It showed up a few days later (as they pretty much ALWAYS do whether you've heard from Airborne or not) and was ****ing stellar. Had to tune a few things to dial them in and then rode the pee out of it. This past weekend, I bent the hell out of my derailleur hanger; my email late Sunday night was responded to Monday morning and I have a replacement en route. I wouldn't hesitate recommending Airborne to anyone capable of making decisions, or understanding there's no such thing as a free lunch. In fact, I did, and now my friend has a beautiful new Toxin he's completely stoked about. Hopefully, I'll have some money saved up for whenever they decide to release the Enduro
    Evil The Following
    Raleigh XXIX SS

Squ-eti
    agreed, did the same thing. looked at specs/geo, ordered what I wanted, it came a couple days later and was awesome.

that said, and I'm new here and to airborne so I can only go off what's been said, it does seem that lately customer service has slipped from what it was at one time.

and having no bikes that fit the majority of the population until June seems a bit silly.

like I said, I love my new EVO, and when the time comes for a new ride I would consider another Airborne, but I think potential new customers coming in are being turned off by poor customer service and lack of inventory and going elsewhere.

but it's not like inventory problems don't happen elsewhere. I would be riding a Motobecane Lurch with the Bluto if they had been in stock when I had cash in hand.
    "Trails? Where we're going we don't need, trails!"

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuzzy View Post
    You people (and a few others around here lately) are seriously ****ing ridiculous. Do you need help wiping in the bathroom too? I hear more whining in this forum than from my three little kids.
    Yes, because who likes to be left in the dark when you're shelling out a couple of thousand dollars. I guess some do. That's fine. It's like buying a bike at a LBS, handing a couple of thousand over, and have them turn your backs on you. Certainly I'll go back for more of that. Sign me up.

The way they sell at the pricepoint they do requires a skeleton staff and minimal hand-holding. You're grown ass men; read the geo numbers posted clearly for all to see and decide for yourself if you think the bike will fit. Or don't, and go to the local bike store, which is another perfectly fine option, and probably one well suited for people needing such levels of guidance. A direct to consumer, internet deal is probably not the choice for you.
    No it doesn't. I'm sorry, but answering email and phone calls in a timely manner is business 101. Their prices aren't wildly different than what you might find at a bike store willing to deal these days, which is most of them. I'd wager that a majority of bikes sold by Airborne are going to beginners and people getting back into the sport because of the slightly lower prices, and people who feel either overwhelmed or put off by some bike store attitudes, which can be a problem.

I bent the hell out of my derailleur hanger; my email late Sunday night was responded to Monday morning and I have a replacement en route.
    Hey, I did too. Ordered a new one a week ago. No shipping notifications, order still says "processing", 6 days later. I hope I get it by Friday so I can ride.

I too recommended Airborne to a co-worker, and she purchased one, but mentioned the same things people usually do. Non-returned phone calls and emails. She wasn't thrilled with the interaction, which made me a little embarrassed. Live and learn.

Somewhere between the fanboy and the guy that thinks Airborne sucks lies reality. It seems that people are getting differing levels of service, for whatever reason. If I'm shelling out a large amount of hard earned money, that's something I take into consideration, but hey, some don't.

They make fine bikes for the cash, but at this point, they're starting to get competition, which is a good thing. Maybe they'll work it out, maybe not.

Whatever floats your boat.

mtbr member

For me, I knew what I liked and didn't about my old bike; knew roughly what I was looking for; read the geo chart and spec list, and ordered the bike. It showed up a few days later (as they pretty much ALWAYS do whether you've heard from Airborne or not) and was ****ing stellar. Had to tune a few things to dial them in and then rode the pee out of it. This past weekend, I bent the hell out of my derailleur hanger; my email late Sunday night was responded to Monday morning and I have a replacement en route. I wouldn't hesitate recommending Airborne to anyone capable of making decisions, or understanding there's no such thing as a free lunch. In fact, I did, and now my friend has a beautiful new Toxin he's completely stoked about. Hopefully, I'll have some money saved up for whenever they decide to release the Enduro
    I seriously wonder what it is you do for a living because you obviously have ZERO concept of how the business world works.

You CANT be direct to consumer and NOT be available for your consumers. You see, I can walk into an open bike shop and know for a fact that someone is there to help me. If you want to sell me a bike without me seeing the bike first, you better be available for me to call.

EVERY SINGLE ONE of the phone calls made to Airborne should be answered. In today's modern world there is zero reason for unanswered calls. Everyone has a cell phone. There are companies that will answer the calls for you, on the cheap. Hire your god damn niece to take calls and pay her minimum wage. There is ZERO excuse.
    When I called and got an answering machine I was flabbergasted. I have never experienced that in all my years as a consumer. Put me on hold for 20 minutes, fine, dont make me leave a message. And if you do make me leave a message you better return it, fast.

As for inventory, again, I wonder where people learned about doing business? "The bike was so popular they ran out". "Look at other companies they are out of bikes in Spring". I have heard all the excuses here and they are all a bunch of crap. Smoke screens by fan boys.

IF there was not going to be a large shipment in to support spring sales of EVO's and Goblins, why tell me did they put the bike on sale? You dont reduce the cost of a bike that you expect to be popular and sell out. NOONE does that. Its terrible business. So why did they do it? You tell me. My guess is as of right now we dont know whats going on, but DONT tell me they just ran out. I just checked BD and GT and neither of them are out of their popular models going into June. In fact the new GT models started coming out in full inventory 2 weeks ago. BD has had their models in stock for months.

This is a dog eat dog business world and the biking business has some of the fiercest dogs to compete with. You cannot survive with half measures and excuses.

But go ahead Airborne fan boys and keep telling us how this is Airbornes business model, and its the rest of us who dont get it. Keep telling us how this is how its done with small companies (except HUFFY owns Airborne). Your only making yourself look foolish.

I really like my Airborne, so I have a right to my opinions. Further, I as much as anyone love a good bargain, and Airborne supplied that to a lot of people, so it would be GOOD for all of us if they got their crap together and stuck around. I hope they do.
    People ask me all the time "who beat you up"? I tell them "a tree". They just look at me funny....

mtbr member
    PS... I have already had severe problems with my Thru Axle on my front fork. In fact it has to be replaced; $50 for a new one online. Heres the rub: I have so little time to play run around with a company I cant call, or chat online with, or even expect a return email in 24 hours, im thinking of just forking out the cash and replacing the damn thing on my own. No consumer should feel that way about a $1300 purchase that is less than 60 days old....

mtbr member
    PS... I have already had severe problems with my Thru Axle on my front fork. In fact it has to be replaced; $50 for a new one online. Heres the rub: I have so little time to play run around with a company I cant call, or chat online with, or even expect a return email in 24 hours, im thinking of just forking out the cash and replacing the damn thing on my own. No consumer should feel that way about a $1300 purchase that is less than 60 days old....
    Unless it is frame orientated, you need to utilize your warranty with either RockShox, or SunRingle instead of going through Airborne. They did not make the fork or wheels, so contacting them would only take longer than using your warranty with either specific company. It's in the manual on the length of time each component is covered for.
    Last edited by s0ul_chicken; 04-28-2015 at 04:17 PM.

Sawyer Gnome
    You see, I can walk into an open bike shop and know for a fact that someone is there to help me.

And I believe most everyone reading your bipolar saga over the past few months wishes like hell you had done just that.
    Evil The Following
    Raleigh XXIX SS

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Patton I am starting to think that you're just an unhappy soul.

Wouldn't you take offense with the company that made the through axle? You bought a bike that you wanted at the cheapest price, but you expect kid glove treatment from them? You complain about their inventory when they're a small profit niche provider for people who want to get into the scene cheaply. They're providing a facet that many people have always wanted because they don't need all the extra treatment and just want a good bike at a good price.

In essence, you're effing it up for the rest of us who see a spade as a spade and take advantage of it.

We're all stupid, you're the smartest. Move on to another galaxy where all the people that are up to par with your genius live.

mtbr member
    I usually stay off the phone when I get enough air to become airborne. But everyone has their riding style and comfort level.
    CRAMBA Chairman

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thickfog View Post
    I usually stay off the phone when I get enough air to become airborne. But everyone has their riding style and comfort level.
    That's funny!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ul_chicken View Post
    Unless it is frame orientated, you need to utilize your warranty with either RockShox, or SunRingle instead of going through Airborne. They did not make the fork or wheels, so contacting them would only take longer than using your warranty with either specific company. It's in the manual on the length of time each component is covered for.
    I will do that. Thank you for the advice!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by opivy View Post
    Patton I am starting to think that you're just an unhappy soul.

Wouldn't you take offense with the company that made the through axle? You bought a bike that you wanted at the cheapest price, but you expect kid glove treatment from them? You complain about their inventory when they're a small profit niche provider for people who want to get into the scene cheaply. They're providing a facet that many people have always wanted because they don't need all the extra treatment and just want a good bike at a good price.

In essence, you're effing it up for the rest of us who see a spade as a spade and take advantage of it.

We're all stupid, you're the smartest. Move on to another galaxy where all the people that are up to par with your genius live.
    Another butthurt fanboy. Sorry to call out your precious Airborne. Most people with any kind of sense would 100% agree with me when it comes to Airbornes current business practices. Well most people who arent Airborne apologists.

BD serves a niche. Bet I can get them on the phone in 20 minutes. Come on i'll bet your bike on it?

mtbr member
    And I believe most everyone reading your bipolar saga over the past few months wishes like hell you had done just that.
    And that would include me. Keep up the love though fan boy.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Another butthurt fanboy. Sorry to call out your precious Airborne. Most people with any kind of sense would 100% agree with me when it comes to Airbornes current business practices. Well most people who aren't Airborne apologists.

BD serves a niche. Bet I can get them on the phone in 20 minutes. Come on i'll bet your bike on it?
    You bought the bike even after lamenting all these facts. To me your opinion is completely invalid and you have undercut any credibility they have with your decisions. Actions > words.

I don't need to get them on the phone, as Eric has requested and many other people on here have offered. Email is the preferred contact and the service given through it has been superb, if I wanted sub 24 hour turn around I would have gone to an LBS.

I'm not being an apologist, nor a "fanboy", thanks for name calling. You're a condescending ahole who has put his foot in his mouth and then gone back and edited posts to try and save face.

Again, actions > words, and your actions don't match up with your mouth.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Can't we all agree to ignore any future posts from him. I can't figure out why he didn't buy from BD he's a much better apologist for them and they answer the phone when he calls. Anyway I feel shunning is the only option here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    Can't we all agree to ignore any future posts from him. I can't figure out why he didn't buy from BD he's a much better apologist for them and they answer the phone when he calls. Anyway I feel shunning is the only option here.
    Agreed - put on the Jesus boots and rise above the ... stink ... no good comes from wading through it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ul_chicken View Post
    Agreed - put on the Jesus boots and rise above the ... stink ... no good comes from wading through it.
    Agreed soul chicken and coppertop.