Guardian Derailleur Hanger- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Guardian Derailleur Hanger

All:

Recently bent my DH in an accident. Beside Airborne, can someone recommend a vendor that sells a comparable model? Or, is it ONLY from Airborne?

mtbr member
    This is a direct link to an RD hanger that fits your bike:

Derailleur Hanger #94

Hope that helps,

Jeremy
    Please Note: I no longer work for Airborne. If you have an Airborne question or problem please contact them directly.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    This one is 2.00 more than Airborne's site- is this one better?

mtbr member
    Not really better, just another source for the hanger. When I was at Airborne I updated the folks at derailleurhanger.com as we brought in models so that they would have hangers also.....just in case Airborne ran out of one for any period a customer could still get one from an alternate source.

The hangers from derailleurhanger.com are a little less prone to bending, which isn't really better or worse, depending on how you look at it.

Hope that helps!

Jeremy
    Please Note: I no longer work for Airborne. If you have an Airborne question or problem please contact them directly.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    It Does, Man..thanks a lot!!!

mtbr member
    You should also look into getting a DAG-2 for your hangers as well, makes it easy to be sure your hanger is straight during routine maintenance.

mtbr member
    Soul_Chicken, what is this DAG-2 you speak of? And do you any of you know if Airborne ships to APO (military) addresses? I couldn't add DHs to the cart on the site for some reason. I'd call/email, but I'm 13-14 hours ahead.
    Do Fun Stuff

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ta87 View Post
    Soul_Chicken, what is this DAG-2 you speak of? And do you any of you know if Airborne ships to APO (military) addresses? I couldn't add DHs to the cart on the site for some reason. I'd call/email, but I'm 13-14 hours ahead.
    It's the Derailleur Hanger Adjustment Gauge:

Park Tool Co. DAG-2 : Derailleur Hanger Alignment Gauge : Frame & Fork Tools

For the RD hanger, I'd recommend you email Airborne. I know that they used to ship to APO but you will need to verify. Also verify if they have the hanger in stock. I just went to the site and tried to add it to my cart and it didn't work, but I also didn't get an "out of stock" pop-up so that means that something may just be wonky with their website (?).

Hope that helps,

Jeremy

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Looks like the only place get a hanger for the Evo is through Airborne. I would like to know any place else that carries it for future reference.

mtbr member
    When Airborne was ramping up initial EVO production, I did send an image and info to derailleurhanger.com but it doesn't appear that they have anything listed on their site. It's a small group of folks there that are pretty busy.

If I were you, I would contact them at [email protected] and send them an image of the hanger and explanation of the bike/model it fits. It's possible that they can add it to their product offering.

Jeremy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    It's the Derailleur Hanger Adjustment Gauge:

Park Tool Co. DAG-2 : Derailleur Hanger Alignment Gauge : Frame & Fork Tools

For the RD hanger, I'd recommend you email Airborne. I know that they used to ship to APO but you will need to verify. Also verify if they have the hanger in stock. I just went to the site and tried to add it to my cart and it didn't work, but I also didn't get an "out of stock" pop-up so that means that something may just be wonky with their website (?).

Hope that helps,

Jeremy
    That's precisely what I experienced. I'll shoot them another email and see what's going on. The Seeker is my main mode of transportation/fun so I'd hate for it to sit if it were to get bent.

Thanks Jeremy.
    Do Fun Stuff