Got some new stuff!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2014

Got some new stuff!

Today I went to the local shop and picked a Scott Taal helmet. I also got the Park tools chain cleaner kit for less than Amazon, got some lube for the chain and a seat post clamp that will hopefully fit, so that I can get away from that allen head clamp.

I also got the VP Vice pedals in the mail Monday that I will be throwing on tomorrow as well as the Crank brothers multi-tool, and rockshox fork pump.

Finally getting all the essentials rounded up! All I've got left that I really need is just a spare tube and a good mini pump to put on the bike. I'm also looking at snagging up a better camelbak, likely the Mule.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Sounds like Xmas in April! I have the mule and I love it. More than enough room for anything I'd want to carry on a 2-3 hr ride. Plenty of water storage. Make sure you get the updated mule. It's got a better back design and several new added features that make it worth getting over the old version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I like Ospreys bags a lot. Their helmet system is a great bonus and their bag designs are top notch especially the bags with the tool pouch.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    2nd the Osprey bags...love my Raptor 10

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by miahw2828 View Post
    2nd the Osprey bags...love my Raptor 10
    I'll have to look into them then for sure!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Raptor is great for most, if you have a full face helmet though the zealot has an awesome feature to hold your helmet without flopping around.

I have a zealot and I love the bag, good main pocket, great tool pouch, good design on your back, fits snugly with a good amount of weight and doesn't make itself known while you're riding.

Their magnetic clip is great as well.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I also have their Radial pack for riding to work, just to completely hijack your thread .

It is quite a bit larger than the hydration packs but it can hold my work clothes, water, tools, laptop, cables (I am a DOCSIS engineer so lots of cables) and a few other goodies comfortably. The pack stays on tight and has a nice cutout where it rides just above your neck so you can hold a position. The back padding is also suspended so it does not touch your back and keeps you completely cool.

If you want something a little larger than the Mule they have two size options in the Radial. Before these packs I had a mule for a few years and loved it, I just ripped it to shreds and decided to go a different route.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Best pack I have ever had, Dakine. I've had them all but this one is the only one I would recommend. I have about 7 years and multiple bladders but the bag is still as good as new.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I've never had a Dakine. I do have a geiggerrig and it's been doing well since I purchased it but it would not work as well for biking with the way it sits. I do like Ospreys focus on the use in their design.

What do you like about the Dakine? I generally replace the bladders in all my bags with Platypus systems, just a preference.