Goblin Evo sizing, another one right on the edge sinces the 18's are gone- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2013

Goblin Evo sizing, another one right on the edge sinces the 18's are gone

It seems like every time I get dead set on spending the money something comes up such as inventory. The Goblin Evo is out of stock in the 18 and I'm right on the edge for a 20 that's in stock. This is a lot of money to me to spend on a bike and as with others I don't want to be disappointed. I'm right at 6'0 tall but with a fairly short inseam of right at 32 inches. I weight 225 pounds. The current price and lack of shipping costs seem like a great deal, any update when the others sizes will be in?

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    According to Airborne, it won't be restocked in it's current form, so no more 16's or 18's. It's being redesigned in some way. So that price it's at now, probably won't be the price of the new version, whenever it comes in.

Have you ridden any bikes at your local bike shop? Everyone is different. Personally, I always buy the smallest frame that feels comfortable. A 32 inch inseam sounds like an 18 would be ideal. In the end, it's up to you. You can return the bike, but it has to be in perfect condition, or they'll charge you, and you pay the return shipping.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    I'd agree, the 20 will be a bit too big for you unless you mismeasured your inseam. Is that your pants' inseam or your in-the-socks book in the crotch inseam?

mtbr member
    Going with the large frame and shortening the stem would be just fine too, a bit more stability on descents, and in corners.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    The increased stability means less agility correct? I was surprised when in other threads I saw a guy that was 6'7 ridding a 20 inch

mtbr member
    Well, if it is any indication, I am ordering a large Goblin frame, and I am 5'10", but have a 34 inch inseam.

Shorter stem = faster steering. Longer stem = slower steering. So, having the stem shorter will increase steering sensitivity. Now, this may not be the approach you want to take, so what I would suggest is hitting an LBS to try a few bikes out to see how a large vs. a medium feels. Get an idea before you compromise, so you aren't surprised in the end.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    If the standover height is not tool large for you, then a 20" frame will work for you. It may need a stem change, but shorter is usually better, and that is the direction you will need. I think Airborne publishes stand over dimensions, so judge by that.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I've been trying to get them on the phone since Friday morning, Maybe they are out of the office today.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    SEA OTTER CLASSICAPRIL 16-19 MONTEREY, CA UCI C2 CLASS
    WEBSITENW CUPAPRIL 24-26 PORT ANGELES, WA UCI C2 CLASS

With the dates on their trips I imagine they're on the road to get to the next show.

Email them and they should respond but with their size I imagine they're swamped on the phones.

Sawyer Gnome
    Get the 20", run a short stem, and ride the pee outta it!

<--- 6 foot tall 20" Evo rider here
    Evil The Following
    Raleigh XXIX SS