Goblin Evo - Any news?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2015

Goblin Evo - Any news?

I'm looking to buy a Goblin Evo 22 as a upgrade from my Guardian. I've read that their availability is expected "Spring 2016". I emailed Airborne to get more details but have not heard back.

Does anybody have any more insight into when the new Evo will be out and what might be different?

I'm new to the MTB industry and find this lack of availability odd. Does Airborne routinely do this kind of thing?...have a bike on their website but it's not available to purchase.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I also emailed them to inquire about the Evo about a week ago and did not get a reply. I called and left a phone message as well a couple days after I emailed, no response that way either.
    It's hard staring at the pictures and video they have posted, with apparently no hope of actually owning that sweet machine! I understand they may get tired of replying to inquiries for out of stock bikes, however, if they would respond I might consider a regular Goblin, or something else.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    When I inquired months ago they said "Spring 16" and it was being redesigned. That was it.

I have not read anything else different since then. Facebook is the only way they usually respond to things in a timely fashion, maybe because it's public.

I've had better response from Etsy and ebay sellers. There's no excuse for not responding to questions about a product you sell.

mtbr member
    I don't get the flu... I get everything else >.<

-----------------------------------------------------------
    -=2011, 2015... 3-peat?=-
    "Mountain biking: the under-rated and drug-free antidepressant"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Westorbust View Post
    Facebook is the only way they usually respond to things in a timely fashion, maybe because it's public.
    Trevor took over the Facebook duties from me when I left last year.

Unfortunately Trevor isn't there anymore as of the beginning of November, hence the lack of updates and company posts on the FB page. Not certain if FB is still the best way to reach them now.

Regards,

Jeremy
    Please Note: I no longer work for Airborne. If you have an Airborne question or problem please contact them directly.

mtbr member
    Wow, seems like things are taking a turn for the worse over there...
    Just a dude being a dude in the woods & Owner of Newark Bike Shop an authorized Diamondback Dealer.

My personal bikes:
    Airborne Seeker
    Airborne HobGoblin
    Airborne Goblin
    Airborne Toxin
    Diamondback Insight ( on the trainer )
    Evo Vantage 7.0

mtbr member
    Employees leaving, company not returning calls or emails....hmmm...smells bad. Anyone know anything about the current (and future) state of the company?? Jeremy?

mtbr member
    Yeah it's bad, I was talking to my wife, she told me she tried to get me a Toxin for xmas, and the whole process was all messed up. She went to order, site wasn't letting her, so she emailed and was talking with someone who said they didn't have any, and a few days later they email her back saying they had one and if she wanted it, of course she was like yeah. She paid for it and two days later she got a phone call to confirm the delivery address and then a few days later received another email saying sorry, they couldn't find the one they found...

Sadly it doesn't look like I'll be getting one anytime soon
    Just a dude being a dude in the woods & Owner of Newark Bike Shop an authorized Diamondback Dealer.

My personal bikes:
    Airborne Seeker
    Airborne HobGoblin
    Airborne Goblin
    Airborne Toxin
    Evo Vantage 7.0

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Airborne de-funct round 2

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickngas View Post
    Employees leaving, company not returning calls or emails....hmmm...smells bad. Anyone know anything about the current (and future) state of the company?? Jeremy?
    Other than Trevor leaving, I don't have any inside info. Anything else I may say would be personal opinion or conjecture, which would be poor form on my part.

Jeremy

mtbr member
    It's too bad.......they were onto something

mtbr member
    I really hope they pull it together, I like their products. Hell, I have 3 of their bikes, and almost had a 4th.

Jeremy was the first person I ever spoke with there and he helped me with my 1st purchase, then Trevor on my second and even received help from Jeremy on that after he no longer worked there because I was having trouble getting answers from the company.

The third I didn't speak to anyone, as it was a gift and knew the product, so I just ordered from the site ( few months ago ).

There is one more person I spoke with there, I want to say his name was Adam(?), he was pretty helpful as well.

Not sure if the issue is them or the umbrella company not giving them the support they need to grow larger, but I hope it gets fixed.

In the beginning what I saw was great company that stood behind their products, spoke with their customers in an open forum and had great price points to not break the customers wallet. It's the same way I run my company, and that's what drew me to them.

My personal bikes:
    Airborne Seeker
    Airborne HobGoblin
    Airborne Goblin
    Airborne Toxin
    Evo Vantage 7.0

mtbr member
    ^ I agree, I hope things are not as bad as it appears they may be. I was looking forward to their new products, and hoping for a full suspension 27.5 plus, and the possibility of a fat bike as well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoomit View Post
    I'm looking to buy a Goblin Evo 22 as a upgrade from my Guardian. I've read that their availability is expected "Spring 2016". I emailed Airborne to get more details but have not heard back.

Does anybody have any more insight into when the new Evo will be out and what might be different?

I'm new to the MTB industry and find this lack of availability odd. Does Airborne routinely do this kind of thing?...have a bike on their website but it's not available to purchase.
    I was looking to buy a new full sus mtb and starting looking about a month ago. Before I decided I wanted a more trail/am bike , I was going to purchase the hobgoblin xo. I called airborne at least 20 times and left 8 voicemails , and still to this day I never received one return call or email. Do they actually work or what

mtbr member
    Glad I didn't end up getting a bike from a company that can't return a simple call within a month .. If there still in business that's a pathetic approach to run a. Business

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    I appreciate the comments. This doesn't bode well for a Goblin Evo purchase. Even if I purchased it, the warranty doesn't mean much if the company folds.

I know someone is there. I recently sent them an email about a typo they had on the website in the Guardian specs. I didn't hear back, but at some point the website error was fixed.

mtbr member
    Yes it's not maybe they are just understaffed , but you would think if someone is inquiring about there more expensive , and or most expensive bike , heck any bike they sell they'd be able to get back to the person within a months time

mtbr member
    The bike I bought last month, I didn't bother calling or emailing, I just ordered and it came within two weeks. So if it's in stock, you're good to go. But I do agree, they need to get back to their customers.

My personal bikes:
    Airborne Seeker
    Airborne HobGoblin
    Airborne Goblin
    Airborne Toxin
    Evo Vantage 7.0

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I think it might be over, though I hope not. I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on a Goblin in-spite of the poor customer service. I've had a Goblin in my cart on their site for several days now.

Just a few minutes ago I went to the website and there is no longer anything in my cart. Also, I am not able to add the bike again. Out of curiosity, I went through pretty much all of their bikes and was not able to add any of them, of any size to my cart. There is no longer any buy it now option for anything. Maybe it's just a temporary gliche in the website, but it doesn't look good for Airborne Bikes or their fans.

mtbr member
    It doesn't that's why I never even tried to buy one . Could never get in touch, and didn't want a bike from a company that might be on the brink of closing . I was also wondering why the hobgoblin xo was marked down to 2000, that made me think the were in way to closing , but who knows I could be wrong. I ended up buying a 16 remedy 9 anyways, but I did want to buy my fiancée a airborne. Back when I bought my guardian couple years back they at least returned calls and answered questions

mtbr member
    They ( Airborne ), posted this on Facebook an hour ago.

Airborne Bicycles is Moving to a new location!
    During this transition we will be taking some time to enjoy the holidays and the Airborne office and website will be shut down from now until January 5th 2016.
    Happy Holidays from our family to yours and see you for BIG new things in the New Year!

My personal bikes:
    Airborne Seeker
    Airborne HobGoblin
    Airborne Goblin
    Airborne Toxin
    Evo Vantage 7.0

mtbr member
    still no reason to not email or call customers back

My personal bikes:
    Airborne Seeker
    Airborne HobGoblin
    Airborne Goblin
    Airborne Toxin
    Evo Vantage 7.0

mtbr member

Spelling

Very true , I was was looking to buy hobgoblin xo for me and goblin or Evo for fiancée . That was about a month ago and couldn't get answers to my questions , and no response after about 8 voicemails . So sadly enough they lost about a 3k + sale and a repeat customer as I bought a guardian couple years back .

mtbr member
    Yeah, that is a shame. I lucked out and got a goblin for my wife for xmas in November, but no luck for me on the Toxin.

What bike did you or are you getting instead?

My personal bikes:
    Airborne Seeker
    Airborne HobGoblin
    Airborne Goblin
    Airborne Toxin
    Evo Vantage 7.0

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    At least now they put up a notice on their website stating they are not currently taking online orders.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JPanaccione View Post
    Yeah, that is a shame. I lucked out and got a goblin for my wife for xmas in November, but no luck for me on the Toxin.

What bike did you or are you getting instead?
    2016 remedy 9 29er it's on its way

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by turky lurkey View Post
    At least now they put up a notice on their website stating they are not currently taking online orders.
    Yeah I give them that, but ! A little late for that . It seems it would have made sense to make that notice before hand, and or made it clear on their webpage. Don't you think ??

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidobandito View Post
    2016 remedy 9 29er it's on its way
    Nice

My personal bikes:
    Airborne Seeker
    Airborne HobGoblin
    Airborne Goblin
    Airborne Toxin
    Evo Vantage 7.0

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Yes It's a little late, they should really give notice BEFORE they are going to be offline/unavailable. Not months after they start ignoring customers. To me when they just ignore everybody, its just disrespectful.

This time of year there are so many smoking deals on new and used bikes out their for the savvy shopper anyway, the airborne bikes aren't even far ahead on pricing.

mtbr member
    Yeah thanks I'm psyched I got a stupid good deal thanks to my lbs was going to get the 8 but couldn't find one so the really came thru on a deal for the 9

mtbr member
    $eems like they would have waited until after Christmas to shut down...however, they didn't have many bikes in stock anyway.

mtbr member
    I'm looking at a Top Fuel 9!or Fuel Ex 9

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    They have no bikes and are shutting down completely for the largest shopping time of the year....only after a few months after releasing a brand new bike?

If their bikes are shipped from a CA warehouse, why would they need to shut down for so long? They can't process orders from another location?

Going forward, I hope they can figure it out.

Related, I'll be curious to see where the US Canyon models will be priced/spec'd at when they are available.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by toddre View Post
    I'm looking at a Top Fuel 9!or Fuel Ex 9
    Honestly if your not xc racing I would say absolutely Go with FUEL EX. It is an amazing bike climbs Extremely well !!!!!! Plus it handles the rougher stuff really really good. I would also say if your getting a 2016 fuel I'd consider the 29er over the 650b . They have absolutely have the 29er geometry dialed . And has boost front and real so wheels have the stiffness of the 650b (27.5)

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    RIP airborne, only a fool would buy from you

Squ-eti
    It's sad to see how far out of relevance Airborne has fallen since I bought my EVO last February. One new bike model that wasn't what folks were waiting for, communication issues, trouble keeping bikes in stock...I don't see how they can recover from this mess.

Edit:

FYI,

Just saw this on their Facebook page from December 15th...

"Airborne Bicycles is Moving to a new location!
    During this transition we will be taking some time to enjoy the holidays and the Airborne office and website will be shut down from now until January 5th 2016.
    Happy Holidays from our family to yours and see you for BIG new things in the New Year!"
    "Trails? Where we're going we don't need, trails!"

mtbr member
    Appears they are down to two guys trying to hold on....Their "new location" must be one of their garages, stocked with the remaining inventory. I am rooting for them though, I found it refreshing to have a viable option to the big names.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I'm not giving up on them yet! The evo i bought last year has been outstanding and I put alot of miles on it with no problems! Many companies go through rebuilding and new management and even go bankrupt (ask Trump) and come back stronger!

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    They're coming out with 1x11 drive trains in the spring I heard.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    I am a brand new fresher, never owned a MTB.... been riding BMX for the better part of my life. I just bought an airborne goblin evo 27.5, and am super pumped to get it and start riding!!

My experience with airborne has been quite the opposite as described here... I Just wanted to come on here and let y'all know that they're up and running with great deals for the holidays and excellent communication throughout the entire process.

I should be getting my evo on thursday, I'll post some pics once its in.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman314 View Post
    I am a brand new fresher, never owned a MTB.... been riding BMX for the better part of my life. I just bought an airborne goblin evo 27.5, and am super pumped to get it and start riding!!

My experience with airborne has been quite the opposite as described here... I Just wanted to come on here and let y'all know that they're up and running with great deals for the holidays and excellent communication throughout the entire process.

I should be getting my evo on thursday, I'll post some pics once its in.
    Heck yeah! I can't wait to see some photos of the new Evo, have fun, and I am glad you are back on two wheels!

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Thanks man!

mtbr member
    Dec 2016

goblin evo 27.5 20"

Here she is!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Goblin Evo - Any news?-20161231_165244.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Very cool! Can you get out and ride or are you stuck in a giant snow drift like me?

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by motovet144 View Post
    Very cool! Can you get out and ride or are you stuck in a giant snow drift like me?
    No snow for me man, I'm in socal. Gonna take it out sometime this week if I get a chance if not, definitely this weekend.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman314 View Post
    No snow for me man, I'm in socal. Gonna take it out sometime this week if I get a chance if not, definitely this weekend.
    You will love it!! I've rode mine hard for over a year and have only had to make minor adjustments to the brakes and shifters! Let us know how it goes.