Goblin Bottom Bracket- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Goblin Bottom Bracket

After a couple of happy years of riding my black Goblin, I've worn out the bottom bracket. Can someone point me to a correct replacement? Preferably on Amazon, so I can get it before Labor Day with Prime I want to make sure I order the right part since I'm planning on riding next weekend.

Also, I'm a bit surprised that it has worn out as quickly as it did. I probably only have ~1000 miles on the bike and I was under the impression that a BB generally lasts twice that. I've been using it as my daily commuter for the last couple of months and ridden through some pretty heavy rains, so that might have something to do with it. Anyone have any suggestions for protecting the bearings? When I pulled it, the threads were completely dry, so a bit of grease might go a long way with the new one.

Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    This is what I've been looking at, but I noticed several other options that had size choices... I know I need English threads but that's about it.

http://www.amazon.com/Truvativ-Team-...B7J1JTZ85741GN

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by J Moss View Post
    This is what I've been looking at, but I noticed several other options that had size choices... I know I need English threads but that's about it.

Amazon.com : Truvativ GXP Team Bottom Bracket Cups : Bike Cranksets And Accessories : Sports & Outdoors
    Yeppers. That should work for ya

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by J Moss View Post
    After a couple of happy years of riding my black Goblin, I've worn out the bottom bracket. Can someone point me to a correct replacement? Preferably on Amazon, so I can get it before Labor Day with Prime I want to make sure I order the right part since I'm planning on riding next weekend.

Also, I'm a bit surprised that it has worn out as quickly as it did. I probably only have ~1000 miles on the bike and I was under the impression that a BB generally lasts twice that. I've been using it as my daily commuter for the last couple of months and ridden through some pretty heavy rains, so that might have something to do with it. Anyone have any suggestions for protecting the bearings? When I pulled it, the threads were completely dry, so a bit of grease might go a long way with the new one.

Thanks in advance.
    Sounds about right, I replaced my BB 1200 miles ago, and mine is already making noise. They aren't that expensive, but you could also look into the ceramic versions for longer life.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    My BB started making noise and I could feel a clunk every rotation only after a couple months of riding. I removed the cranks and the bottom bracket was so loose I could rotate it back and forth by hand. I purchased the BB tool and torqued to recommend setting and everything was perfectly smooth.