• 05-05-2013
    mark729
    Finally...I placed an order for Guardian.
    I have been searching for "right fit" mtb for several months.

    but tonight! I finally just placed an order for Gurdian.

    I was searching for big brand like specialized, canondale, giant, gt etc...

    I was almost buy GT Avalanche 2.0 but price was out of budget cause I have to buy 1 more bike for my wife, a bike trailer for my son and roof rack system for my subie.

    but I found Airborne brand here and figured out Airborne make decent bike with great price and even their fantastic custom service.

    I'm so happy that I finally made my dicision.

    My yakima rack and highroller is coming and I expect to get my Gurdian during the week.

    Anyway, Thanks for all posts here that helped me make dicision for gurdian.

    Airborne FTW!!!

    Big thanks.
  • 05-05-2013
    Nods Dad
    Congrats. Enjoy the bike
  • 05-05-2013
    TheDocTx
    Congrats! You will enjoy it. Mine came in about a week ago and I can't get enough of it!

    That's exactly how I ended up buying an Airborne. I started looking up reviews for big name bikes and there was someone around every corner suggesting Airborne. Its a great buy, I could not be more pleased.
  • 05-06-2013
    hrbib21
    Cool. I'm about to order one myself. My crappy Diamondback saw its last race yesterday.
  • 05-06-2013
    mark729
    My order still in processing. Im not sure I can get it by Friday...hope that by Friday so I can enjoy family riding...
  • 05-06-2013
    mark729

    I wish I could buy a sabre for my wife but no small size in stock..all gone. Sooo sad.:skep:
  • 05-06-2013
    mark729
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Nods Dad View Post
    Congrats. Enjoy the bike

    Thanks!
  • 05-06-2013
    mark729
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by TheDocTx View Post
    Congrats! You will enjoy it. Mine came in about a week ago and I can't get enough of it!

    That's exactly how I ended up buying an Airborne. I started looking up reviews for big name bikes and there was someone around every corner suggesting Airborne. Its a great buy, I could not be more pleased.

    Same to me~
  • 05-06-2013
    gunner66
    Yup same reason I bought the hobgoblin was looking at Specialized Camber 29er and then found the HG for the same price no comparison on components. Waiting patiently for Wednesday.

    Enjoy your new bike!
  • 05-07-2013
    Mitch1171
    Not only better but the camber had way to much pedal bob even locked out!
  • 05-07-2013
    TheDocTx
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by mark729 View Post
    My order still in processing. Im not sure I can get it by Friday...hope that by Friday so I can enjoy family riding...

    The wait is torture, but totally worth it!! Mine shipped on the third working day after I ordered it. The order still said "processing" long after the bike was delivered, so you really can't go off of that. Also, I got the tracking email the day AFTER it actually shipped. If you ordered Monday, you have a good shot at getting it Fri or Sat.
  • 05-07-2013
    mark729
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by TheDocTx View Post
    The wait is torture, but totally worth it!! Mine shipped on the third working day after I ordered it. The order still said "processing" long after the bike was delivered, so you really can't go off of that. Also, I got the tracking email the day AFTER it actually shipped. If you ordered Monday, you have a good shot at getting it Fri or Sat.

    Yes I got a tracking number this morning. FRIDAY yeah~ I hope I can get off from work earlier on Friday.
  • 05-07-2013
    hrbib21
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by mark729 View Post
    Yes I got a tracking number this morning. FRIDAY yeah~ I hope I can get off from work earlier on Friday.

    Ha! I know that feeling. Have fun!
  • 05-07-2013
    mark729
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by hrbib21 View Post
    Ha! I know that feeling. Have fun!

    Thanks hrbib21.
    Im waiting my Guardian and still can not get my eys off from sexy orange hobgoblin frameset.

    Am I normal? lol
  • 05-07-2013
    TheDocTx
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by mark729 View Post
    Yes I got a tracking number this morning. FRIDAY yeah~ I hope I can get off from work earlier on Friday.

    Nice! I heard the flu is going around. It would be a damn shame if you came down with it Thursday night.:cool:
  • 05-10-2013
    mark729
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by TheDocTx View Post
    Nice! I heard the flu is going around. It would be a damn shame if you came down with it Thursday night.:cool:

    OMG #$)@*@)_T^!!!

    Fortunately I was Okay.

    Buy the way, I just checked fedex tracking and my wife just missed it!
    I have to pick it up at fedex location after work.
    It will be long~ night to me.
  • 05-10-2013
    Barheet
    Congrats on the Guardian! You'll love it. I am completely addicted to mine.
  • 05-10-2013
    mark729
    6 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Barheet View Post
    Congrats on the Guardian! You'll love it. I am completely addicted to mine.

    Thanks Barheet.

    I just finished assembling my lovely Red Gurdian.

    As son as I came home after work, I checked the box.
    Box had some torn and crushed but everything looks fine.
    Attachment 798064
    Attachment 798065
    Attachment 798066

    It took almost 40 mins (First time ever bike assembling) cause I don't have a work stand and My 5 years son kept bothering me :p

    Anyway, Everything working good~!!!

    I don't have any idea what a tiny black part and what the H20 bottle mount is.....(any tip?)
    Attachment 798067

    I took a pic with my phone so its not good but bette than nothing!!
    Attachment 798068

    Thanks Airborne and all Airborne riders in this forum.
  • 05-11-2013
    jeffharris1us
    Congratulations!!!

    Thanks for uploading pictures.

    Now, ride it, ride it, ride it!
  • 05-11-2013
    provin1327
    I also asked what that black piece was for but no one could give me an answer. Anyone know? As for the H20 bottle mount, you will have to go buy one. There should be two small bolts on the frame, unbolt them, put the bottle mount on there and bolt it down :)
  • 05-11-2013
    BigDaddyFlyer
    The little black piece and alchohol wipe is a cable guide for the fork that RS supplies. I never use it either when I build a bike, I just throw it away.

    The extra screws are for attaching the reflectors if you so choose, and the little silver pieces are extra cable ends if you shorten the cables and housing to your preferred length.

    Jeremy
  • 05-11-2013
    Jem7sk
    That bike is gonna look good on top of that car traveling down the road,
  • 05-11-2013
    mark729
    1 Attachment(s)
    I touched front derailleur for some reason and now I can not shift up to the biggest one :confused:

    I will take a tea and check it again when I get cool down.

    and one more pic for my yakima setup.
    Attachment 798216

    Installing took about an hour to figured out lining up correctly.

    Yakima control tower set, a highroller and old style raptor.

    My wife and I will go out to LBS for her mtb and get some stuffs for our gears.

    Oh and any recommend for saddle?

    I rode about 30 mins and my butt hurts so bad.

    I think I need a comfort cusioned one.

    Thanks all and enjoy your saturday!!!
  • 05-11-2013
    mark729
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    The little black piece and alchohol wipe is a cable guide for the fork that RS supplies. I never use it either when I build a bike, I just throw it away.

    The extra screws are for attaching the reflectors if you so choose, and the little silver pieces are extra cable ends if you shorten the cables and housing to your preferred length.

    Jeremy

    Oh my guess was correct. anyway I zip tied cable.
    Thanks for the info Jeremy.
  • 05-11-2013
    mark729
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by provin1327 View Post
    I also asked what that black piece was for but no one could give me an answer. Anyone know? As for the H20 bottle mount, you will have to go buy one. There should be two small bolts on the frame, unbolt them, put the bottle mount on there and bolt it down :)


    I thought H20 bottle mount was mount cage itself :p

    Now I know H20 mount is just mount for the water bottle cage.

    Thank you!
  • 05-11-2013
    mark729
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jeffharris1us View Post
    Congratulations!!!

    Thanks for uploading pictures.

    Now, ride it, ride it, ride it!

    Thank you jeffharris1us.

    I will !!!
  • 05-11-2013
    TheDocTx
    Nothing like that new bike smell!! It matches your ride too!
  • 05-12-2013
    mark729
    4 Attachment(s)
    I have some pictures from today trail.
    Attachment 798520
    Attachment 798522
    Attachment 798521
    Attachment 798523

    Love my Guardian.
  • 05-13-2013
    trevor_b
    Re: Finally...I placed an order for Guardian.
    Nice pictures. I would avoid laying the bike on the drivetrain side to reduce the risk of bending a hanger.
  • 05-13-2013
    Barheet
    If you aren't used to riding much, you are going to have a sore rear end for awhile. Just keep riding regularly and that feeling will go away. I go through that if I haven't ridden in awhile, like over the winter.

    Great pics, it is good to see a new Guardian owner out there.
  • 05-13-2013
    mark729
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by trevor_b View Post
    Nice pictures. I would avoid laying the bike on the drivetrain side to reduce the risk of bending a hanger.

    Oh I will! Thanks for the tips.
  • 05-13-2013
    mark729
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Barheet View Post
    If you aren't used to riding much, you are going to have a sore rear end for awhile. Just keep riding regularly and that feeling will go away. I go through that if I haven't ridden in awhile, like over the winter.

    Great pics, it is good to see a new Guardian owner out there.

    Yes I had that pain too but from lastday, its gone now.
  • 05-13-2013
    drjay9051
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by mark729 View Post
    I touched front derailleur for some reason and now I can not shift up to the biggest one :confused:

    I will take a tea and check it again when I get cool down.

    and one more pic for my yakima setup.
    Attachment 798216

    Installing took about an hour to figured out lining up correctly.

    Yakima control tower set, a highroller and old style raptor.

    My wife and I will go out to LBS for her mtb and get some stuffs for our gears.

    Oh and any recommend for saddle?

    I rode about 30 mins and my butt hurts so bad.

    I think I need a comfort cusioned one.

    Thanks all and enjoy your saturday!!!

    Saddle is a very individual thing.

    My go to brand is WTB. Very fond of the pure V. Different prices depending on weight and rail material. Have had great success on my mountain bikes and road bike. I even use a WTB mountain saddle on the road bike. I know that is a mortal sin but comfort is a given or you just will not enjoy the ride.

    I do not agree that you must have a sore butt.

    MTB Saddles | Wilderness Trail Bikes

    Good selection of WTB at Jenson, Performance or likely your LBS.
  • 05-13-2013
    hrbib21
    Get some MTB shorts. I have Pearl Izumi canyon shorts. Good price on Amazon. Inner lining (padding) is separate and can be used with other shorts.