Derailleur hanger for Griffin- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2015

Derailleur hanger for Griffin

I contacted Airbourne, but in case I cannot get one from them. Does anyone know if any of the hangers from derailleurhanger.com fit the Griffin? I want two extras. They are only going to get harder to find when the bike gets a few years old. And you know there is a rock out there just waiting for me to ride by so it can rip my derailleur off...ha ha!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by joevdenne View Post
    I contacted Airbourne, but in case I cannot get one from them. Does anyone know if any of the hangers from derailleurhanger.com fit the Griffin? I want two extras. They are only going to get harder to find when the bike gets a few years old. And you know there is a rock out there just waiting for me to ride by so it can rip my derailleur off...ha ha!
    I had that same thought, but never really went much further with it than that. Let us know what you hear from Airborne as it would a good thing to carry a spare.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    I emailed them with my address and phone number and they responded that they would just mail me some FOC. Seems pretty generous. I responded that I was willing to pay for them. Makes me feel like buying an Airborne shirt just to give them something back in return. Hmm?..I think I might do that. By the way, I signed up for some insane 60 mile MTB race, "Fools Gold MTB Race" in Dahlonega, GA. I will do it on the Griffin in September. I have 3 months to get ready. I have no idea if I can finish it, but I will try.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the support!
    Braaap!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by midwestxmike View Post
    Thanks for the support!
    Do you have another you can spare a brother? I would like to order in one for myself as well!

mtbr member
    Still waiting on mine..........

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Glad to hear Airborne is still in business; I'd begun to wonder ....

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Received my hangers today in the mail from Airborne. Thanks guys.Derailleur hanger for Griffin-20160609_123834.jpg

mtbr member
    Received my hangers today in the mail from Airborne. Thanks guys.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160609_123834.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	167.4 KB 
ID:	1075322
    Anything in the packaging to reference a part number for us?

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    No, just the two hangers. I just email them through the support email listed on their website. They have always responded quickly.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    They have always responded quickly.
    Based on this thread, my own bad luck, and being a worrying ninny, I emailed them earlier this week about how to purchase a hanger for a Pathogen, and have heard nothing. I think them responding quickly is kind of hit or miss.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextall View Post
    Based on this thread, my own bad luck, and being a worrying ninny, I emailed them earlier this week about how to purchase a hanger for a Pathogen, and have heard nothing. I think them responding quickly is kind of hit or miss.
    Nope, not bad luck. They didn't respond to any of my email questions either. Twice last month. Not the first time, either. Absolutely hit and miss. You'll have to keep pestering them to get info, product info, or support.

Your best bet is to post publicly on their facebook page or instagram, because they tend to ignore emails and phone calls, or they just don't have anyone who can answer them on any kind of consistent manner.

Good luck to all.

mtbr member
    emails are definitely not ignored and we try to get them answered as quickly as possible. you can always send me a private message here and I will get you taken care of that way too..

-Mike
    Braaap!