Couldn't wait any longer!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2015

Couldn't wait any longer!

So I just got off the phone with Airborne and have placed my order for a '15 Goblin Evo. I can't thank everyone enough in this section, and inside the beginners section for their input and help when I was trying to make a decision. No matter what I researched and what other bikes I looked at I kept coming back to the Evo. I am looking to order some pedals today as well. Do you all have opinions on these > Gusset Slim Jim SC Pedals > Components > Pedals | Jenson USA ? They are priced very well and receive great reviews on the site with the exception of losing pins. Anyway, can't wait to see that box show up at my doorstep. Going to take to my LBS to have them assemble it so I don't screw anything up! Looking forward to being active on the entire forum and learning more about this bike!

mtbr member
    Be sure to take lots of pictures for us non-Evo owners! Welcome to the family!

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Thank you!
    Also looking at this pedal as I research more.
    Full Warranty DMR Vault Pedals 9 16" Alloy Platform White | eBay

mtbr member
    I just bought some Gusset Slim Jim SC's from Jenson USA and installed them on my Goblin Evo a couple of days ago. I love them! My friend has some on his fat bike, so I was able to try them out before buying. They have much better grip than my Shimano Saints, but I haven't tried removing the washers on the Saints to make them grippier. I mostly wanted red pedals to match my red Oury lock-on grips.

Edit: Oh, and I wear Five Ten Freeriders.

Couldn't wait any longer!-img_0083.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Udderly Abducted View Post
    I just bought some Gusset Slim Jim SC's from Jenson USA and installed them on my Goblin Evo a couple of days ago. I love them! My friend has some on his fat bike, so I was able to try them out before buying. They have much better grip than my Shimano Saints, but I haven't tried removing the washers on the Saints to make them grippier. I also really wanted red pedals to match my red Oury lock-on grips.

Edit: Oh, and I wear Five Ten Freeriders.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0083.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	369.8 KB 
ID:	965274
    Wow that looks really good! Hmm I was going to with a white pedal and white grips but I might go with orange now that I see red looks good with the blue. Thanks for the input and picture!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by porkpistol View Post
    Wow that looks really good! Hmm I was going to with a white pedal and white grips but I might go with orange now that I see red looks good with the blue. Thanks for the input and picture!
    I considered orange as well. I think it would look great!