Contacting them???- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2014

Contacting them???

I have a few questions here. First, I have been trying to get a hold of the Airborne Company. I have sent emails and Facebook messages with no response. Any help of this??
    Second, my plan this year is to race Cat 4/5 in my local series. I am looking at the Guardian model (assuming they get more in). It looks to have the best specs, especially for a guy (me) with a budget, mortgage, kids ect. I know I can also do upgrades on it as time and money allows. Does this seem to be a good plan? Open to suggestions.

mtbr member
    As far as getting in contact with Airborne, patience is a virtue. They are very helpful but you might have to wait a little bit to hear from them.

Regarding the Guardian...go for the Seeker. I have had the Guardian for almost 3 years and while it is awesome, it has also required a lot of upgrades. One of the big benefits to the Seeker vs. Guardian, aside from components, is the headtube. The Seeker has a tapered and the Guardian has a straight. If you ever want to upgrade this will matter since most of the better forks out there are for tapered steerer tubes.

The other big plus is 2x10 compared to 3x9. Switching to 1x10 is a lot easiers as you have better options for expanded gearing cassettes. The Recon Gold fork is what SRAM upgraded for me after I managed to break the XC28 on the Guardian.

The extra ~$300 is well worth the upgrade in parts. I have put more money in upgrades than the original cost of the Guardian.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mnmtber View Post
    I have a few questions here. First, I have been trying to get a hold of the Airborne Company. I have sent emails and Facebook messages with no response. Any help of this??
    Second, my plan this year is to race Cat 4/5 in my local series. I am looking at the Guardian model (assuming they get more in). It looks to have the best specs, especially for a guy (me) with a budget, mortgage, kids ect. I know I can also do upgrades on it as time and money allows. Does this seem to be a good plan? Open to suggestions.
    I don't recall seeing an email from you PM me your info and I'll answer any questions you have! The Guardian will be back in inventory early spring. The bike is an excellent build especially if you're on a budget and can be upgraded in all sorts of ways. I agree with the other user in this thread though, If you plan on getting serious you'll definitely have more options in the way of forks with the tapered headtube. The Seeker also shares the same tube set as the Goblin and is a lighter set up straight out of the box.

-Mike
    Braaap!