Airborne Zeppelin XC- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Airborne Zeppelin XC

I just found out about these from some Sea Otter Classic buzz. Does the Zeppelin fit a 27.5 / 650B ? I tried to contact them through their website, but they have no contact info/link. In fact, their homepage features a picture of the inside of a huge, empty warehouse. I'm not sure what that is supposed to mean...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Airborne Zeppelin XC-aibornezeppelin.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Looks like another BD-style e-retailer. The MSRP is kinda high for the parts spec, I assume they'll actually be selling bikes for 30% less than the listed price. I wonder if they are owned by the same owner as before or if he sold the name. I wouldn't recomend buying one if it's the same guy. They shipped alot of dented, misaligned, and other defected frames without disclosure to the customers.

mtbr member
    That's just a rebadged Iron Horse from a few years back, but it might have room with that single pivot swingarm design.

mtbr member
    Airborne was a very interesting company years ago. '98 may have been their first year. Internet only Ti bikes that you spec and they'd ship it to you. Huffy eventually bought them. They had a problem during being re-born and had to change their name to Flyte or something like that. I don't know much about them now.

Fahn
    Hubbard Bike Club

Rager
    Jun 2010
    Yes, I built up my Zeppelin to 650B form and it's an amazing ride.
    Video> http://www.youtube.com/user/tonycins.../7/Vw6nIiluKus
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showpost.php?...2&postcount=23

<table style="width: auto;"><tbody><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family: arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: right;">From Sea Otter Classic Photos</td></tr></tbody></table>

Members who have read this thread: 0