Airborne Unresponsive After New Bike Order- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1

    Bonking ... not feelin' well Airborne Unresponsive After New Bike Order

    Disregard this post. I received a call from them less than 5minute after posting.

    Happy Riding
    Last edited by Cu11en; 08-06-2015 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Delete

  2. #2
    Ludicrous Speed
    Reputation: tualmbr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    288
    When did you place your order? When will it arrive on your doorstep?

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by Cu11en View Post
    Disregard this post. I received a call from them less than 5minute after posting.

    Happy Riding
    You got lucky. AIRBORNE'S SUPPORT LINE SUCKS. Its terrible. I can never actually get them to answer me.

  4. #4
    Ludicrous Speed
    Reputation: tualmbr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    288
    DownhillRipper - What are you trying to get ahold of them for? Place an order? Need tech support?

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by tualmbr View Post
    DownhillRipper - What are you trying to get ahold of them for? Place an order? Need tech support?
    I wish. I broke a dérailleur hanger and I already know that they aren't anywhere else on the Internet, and I can't ride until I get another one obviously. If they would answer me than they would send me another one but they have yet to answer me. Frankly I'm pissed off

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: watts888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6,277
    I've heard that their phone line doesn't get the best response, but their e-mail is usually a bit more productive. what frame set?

    FYI.
    Airborne Derailleur Hangers

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    197
    Actually you can get compatible der hangers a few different places, as watts888 has shown. I was able to get one for my friend's Skyhawk on amazon, wheeler brand iirc.

    Edit: $19 shipped
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o00_s00

  8. #8
    Ludicrous Speed
    Reputation: tualmbr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    288
    Nice link Watts

    Also, is it one of the hangers on the airborne website : Airborne Bicycles . Parts ??

    It would appear that their website is a semi-automated ordering system that sends orders right to Huffy - if you can order it on their website, it seems to happen somewhat automatically - but the back end doesn't talk to the front end - so you never know what the order status is - and they have so little staffing that they can't keep in touch with anyone on a timely fashion.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by watts888 View Post
    I've heard that their phone line doesn't get the best response, but their e-mail is usually a bit more productive. what frame set?

    FYI.
    Airborne Derailleur Hangers
    I need it for a Toxin, and I have checked that link several times and they aren't there or on the website. They have had to send me two before this

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by tualmbr View Post
    Nice link Watts

    Also, is it one of the hangers on the airborne website : Airborne Bicycles . Parts ??

    It would appear that their website is a semi-automated ordering system that sends orders right to Huffy - if you can order it on their website, it seems to happen somewhat automatically - but the back end doesn't talk to the front end - so you never know what the order status is - and they have so little staffing that they can't keep in touch with anyone on a timely fashion.
    None of the hangers on their website are for the toxin, which is the bike I have, and the ones on dérailleur hanger.com aren't either. They have sent some to me before, because I couldn't find any on the Internet anywhere that were the same

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: watts888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6,277
    Just looked up the frameset picture of the toxin. that's one heck of a derailure hanger to bust. Kudos and job well done.

    Let us know how it turns out and if airborne recommends an outside supplier of the hanger & hanger#.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by watts888 View Post
    Just looked up the frameset picture of the toxin. that's one heck of a derailure hanger to bust. Kudos and job well done.

    Let us know how it turns out and if airborne recommends an outside supplier of the hanger & hanger#.
    Ok I will, and actually you would be surprised. It breaks as easy as a thin twig. That's the one thing I dislike about my toxin. I have broken 3 now

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BigDaddyFlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,836
    Sorry to hear that things aren't going well in regards to reaching them. It seems to me that the quickest way to reach them nowadays is thru their Facebook page.

    Jeremy
    Please Note: I no longer work for Airborne. If you have an Airborne question or problem please contact them directly.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    Sorry to hear that things aren't going well in regards to reaching them. It seems to me that the quickest way to reach them nowadays is thru their Facebook page.

    Jeremy
    Yeah I'm not sure why they aren't answering, I tried their FB page so we will see how that goes. If anyone can do anything or knows anyone at airborne and is able to help me out please do!!

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    130
    I had the same issue with ordering hangers from them.

    It seems they have time to post pics of bikes you can't buy to their Facebook and instagram accounts, but have a hard time with everything else.

    My father wanted a bike and I suggested Airborne since the price is great, even though their service and selection is currently subpar. He doesn't do Facebook. No response to his questions so he bought a Trek.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by Westorbust View Post
    I had the same issue with ordering hangers from them.

    It seems they have time to post pics of bikes you can't buy to their Facebook and instagram accounts, but have a hard time with everything else.

    My father wanted a bike and I suggested Airborne since the price is great, even though their service and selection is currently subpar. He doesn't do Facebook. No response to his questions so he bought a Trek.
    I completely agree. I originally thought that they were a good company, but half of what makes a company "good" is its customer service. Well hey, you live and you learn I guess. I definitely know that I will not be buying from them any time soon, and will only buy my bikes through bike shops.

Similar Threads

  1. BOS unresponsive..?
    By TheRage43 in forum Shocks and Suspension
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-07-2015, 11:07 AM
  2. About to order Airborne Seeker, last minute advice.
    By fifty5fifty in forum Airborne
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 09-11-2015, 04:48 PM
  3. Anyone order a complete bike from airborne bicycles?
    By Robertdeuce in forum Eastern Canada
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-04-2015, 07:56 AM
  4. About to order an Airborne Goblin...but then
    By XCGator in forum Beginner's Corner
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-01-2014, 01:15 PM
  5. Placed my order - Airborne Seeker on the Way
    By Mat1982 in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-12-2013, 01:04 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.