Airborne Unresponsive After New Bike Order- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2015

Bonking ... not feelin' well Airborne Unresponsive After New Bike Order

Disregard this post. I received a call from them less than 5minute after posting.

Happy Riding
    Last edited by Cu11en; 08-06-2015 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Delete

Ludicrous Speed
    When did you place your order? When will it arrive on your doorstep?

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Cu11en View Post
    Disregard this post. I received a call from them less than 5minute after posting.

Happy Riding
    You got lucky. AIRBORNE'S SUPPORT LINE SUCKS. Its terrible. I can never actually get them to answer me.

Ludicrous Speed
    DownhillRipper - What are you trying to get ahold of them for? Place an order? Need tech support?

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by tualmbr View Post
    DownhillRipper - What are you trying to get ahold of them for? Place an order? Need tech support?
    I wish. I broke a dérailleur hanger and I already know that they aren't anywhere else on the Internet, and I can't ride until I get another one obviously. If they would answer me than they would send me another one but they have yet to answer me. Frankly I'm pissed off

mtbr member
    I've heard that their phone line doesn't get the best response, but their e-mail is usually a bit more productive. what frame set?

FYI.
    Airborne Derailleur Hangers

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Actually you can get compatible der hangers a few different places, as watts888 has shown. I was able to get one for my friend's Skyhawk on amazon, wheeler brand iirc.

Edit: $19 shipped
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o00_s00

Ludicrous Speed
    Nice link Watts

Also, is it one of the hangers on the airborne website : Airborne Bicycles . Parts ??

It would appear that their website is a semi-automated ordering system that sends orders right to Huffy - if you can order it on their website, it seems to happen somewhat automatically - but the back end doesn't talk to the front end - so you never know what the order status is - and they have so little staffing that they can't keep in touch with anyone on a timely fashion.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by watts888 View Post
    I've heard that their phone line doesn't get the best response, but their e-mail is usually a bit more productive. what frame set?

FYI.
    Airborne Derailleur Hangers
    I need it for a Toxin, and I have checked that link several times and they aren't there or on the website. They have had to send me two before this

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by tualmbr View Post
    Nice link Watts

Also, is it one of the hangers on the airborne website : Airborne Bicycles . Parts ??

It would appear that their website is a semi-automated ordering system that sends orders right to Huffy - if you can order it on their website, it seems to happen somewhat automatically - but the back end doesn't talk to the front end - so you never know what the order status is - and they have so little staffing that they can't keep in touch with anyone on a timely fashion.
    None of the hangers on their website are for the toxin, which is the bike I have, and the ones on dérailleur hanger.com aren't either. They have sent some to me before, because I couldn't find any on the Internet anywhere that were the same

mtbr member
    Just looked up the frameset picture of the toxin. that's one heck of a derailure hanger to bust. Kudos and job well done.

Let us know how it turns out and if airborne recommends an outside supplier of the hanger & hanger#.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by watts888 View Post
    Just looked up the frameset picture of the toxin. that's one heck of a derailure hanger to bust. Kudos and job well done.

Let us know how it turns out and if airborne recommends an outside supplier of the hanger & hanger#.
    Ok I will, and actually you would be surprised. It breaks as easy as a thin twig. That's the one thing I dislike about my toxin. I have broken 3 now

mtbr member
    Sorry to hear that things aren't going well in regards to reaching them. It seems to me that the quickest way to reach them nowadays is thru their Facebook page.

Jeremy
    Please Note: I no longer work for Airborne. If you have an Airborne question or problem please contact them directly.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    Sorry to hear that things aren't going well in regards to reaching them. It seems to me that the quickest way to reach them nowadays is thru their Facebook page.

Jeremy
    Yeah I'm not sure why they aren't answering, I tried their FB page so we will see how that goes. If anyone can do anything or knows anyone at airborne and is able to help me out please do!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    I had the same issue with ordering hangers from them.

It seems they have time to post pics of bikes you can't buy to their Facebook and instagram accounts, but have a hard time with everything else.

My father wanted a bike and I suggested Airborne since the price is great, even though their service and selection is currently subpar. He doesn't do Facebook. No response to his questions so he bought a Trek.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Westorbust View Post
    I had the same issue with ordering hangers from them.

It seems they have time to post pics of bikes you can't buy to their Facebook and instagram accounts, but have a hard time with everything else.

My father wanted a bike and I suggested Airborne since the price is great, even though their service and selection is currently subpar. He doesn't do Facebook. No response to his questions so he bought a Trek.
    I completely agree. I originally thought that they were a good company, but half of what makes a company "good" is its customer service. Well hey, you live and you learn I guess. I definitely know that I will not be buying from them any time soon, and will only buy my bikes through bike shops.