Airborne plague- Mtbr.com

Thread: Airborne plague

mtbr member
    Jun 2013

Airborne plague

What's up everyone? I'm ready to add another bike to the stable, and strongly considering the Airborne plague. I was just wondering if anyone on here has the bike and what they think of it? I'm looking for an alternative to my goblin which I love hence why I'd like to stick with Airborne. Any input would be helpful, thanks guys cheers🍺

CoolArrow
    Going from a hard tail to a 6 inch bike is big switch... What do you ride, trail-wise?

If you have the terrain where you can appreciate that much travel, it's a great bike. Stable at speed, solid climber, not too heavy (ditch the 2.25 tires though and go with some 2.5s, and it will really shine). If you're riding smooth, groomed singletrack, probably not the right tool for the job
    Cool BandolArrow

Jerry Hazard website

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Thanks for the info. I mostly do single track so looks like the goblin will have to suffice for now.

CoolArrow
    Don't get me wrong - it's an awesome bike! Great for singletrack, (you can always lock out the shock) but it really shines when the trail gets a little rougher..

Was there a particular detail you were curious about? I'd keep an eye out on the prototypes they have in the works right now, that 29er full suspension would probably be a great alternative to the hard tail Goblin.

Personally - the XC bikes didn't suit the riding style I enjoy (lots of chunky trail, steep lines, drops/jumps). Not to say the Goblin can't handle that stuff, but it's much more suited to XC stuff, high speed and high mile rides.

The Plague, I could literally ride anywhere. Even on local DH shuttle trails. It will still climb too, though not as fast on most things as something like a Goblin, but again, when the trail turns rough, the Plague really comes alive - and that's where you'll appreciate the difference from the Goblin.
    Cool BandolArrow

Jerry Hazard website

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Except for the fact they only make little people frame sizes lol. 18.5 being the biggest, this isn't Asia lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Life on a bike doesn't begin till the sun goes down.