Airborne is out of 18" EVO and Goblin- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Airborne is out of 18" EVO and Goblin

Just a heads up.

Mid May for Goblin, Mid Summer for EVO.

Hopefully a 650b before that.

Carry on....
    Last edited by pattongb; 03-27-2015 at 06:28 AM.
    People ask me all the time "who beat you up"? I tell them "a tree". They just look at me funny....

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    You're a cynical one, aren't you.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    I'm confused. In just another thread you posted that your Evo is arriving Saturday?

Squ-eti
    Quote Originally Posted by pattongb View Post
    I know all you fan boyz gonna slay me with hate.

I just dropped my $1200 on an EVO so you can bite me.

No company has the issues with phone, email, etc...who is not about to shut the doors.

Most popular size of the Goblin: 18". Dont have statistics to back that up but considering the average American Male is 5'10, its a good bet. They are out.

Its March.

Goblin EVO 18": Out

Its March.

Phone call response: None, maybe in 3 or 4 days.
    Email response: Maybe 72 hours.

My guess is Huffy is liquidating inventory and closing this brand.
    Dude, you seem to hate everything about the way the company is ran. Why drop dough on the bike?

I checked their website. The only bikes showing not available are Hobgoblin 17" which has been that was for awhile now, and a couple of the guardian sizes in the white frame option.

I had similar issues when I ordered my bike. When I placed order I got a receipt that didn't list the frame size. I sent an email, and got a short, kinda curt response back. Kept checking order status, and it said processing (it actually still says processing) with no shipping info. I finally got a shipping confirmation a couple days later. I admit, I was a little, anxious about the whole buying process. But, the bike arrived in great shape, is a blast to ride.

My thinking is, I got a great bike at a great price, and I'll likely never have to deal with Airborne again unless I decide to order another of their bikes. I mean I've owned bikes from Cannondale, KHS, Marin, Raleigh, Parkpre, Giant and never felt the need to call or email them for anything. I bought the bikes at the LBS and went on my business riding the crap out of the bikes. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I'm not expecting them to be sitting around an office all day waiting for me to call and ask if the blue frame color will match the cool new water bottle cage I bought...
    "Trails? Where we're going we don't need, trails!"

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I understand OP's frustration, with any company, customer service is a huge part. Airborne can't even pick up the damn phone or even reply to an email with a fast reliable manner. Even their damn site doesn't work properly, if your a legitimate business all these things should be figured out by now.

I am in the market to buy an Airborne bike, but due to these circumstances it's literally impossible to even place an order because I can't even get into contact with a rep. They should bring back someone on these forums to help out with questions or whatever issues people are having.

Also to OP, screw you! I wanted an 18" evo </3

mtbr member
    I emailed them regarding derailleur hangers (wasn't able to order online and I'm at an APO address) and they got back to me in 12 hours. Granted, it's now the weekend but I've never had an issue w/ them.

For what it's worth, you could've just combined your original post in your other threads of the same topic.
    Do Fun Stuff

mtbr member
    I used the "web chat" button to "send a message" to them. Took them about 12 hours or so to get back to me the two times I did it. They are out of the 18's and the 16's now. I don't think they are going under, I just doubt they have enough people. They stated a new color for mid-summer.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ta87 View Post
    I emailed them regarding derailleur hangers (wasn't able to order online and I'm at an APO address) and they got back to me in 12 hours. Granted, it's now the weekend but I've never had an issue w/ them.

For what it's worth, you could've just combined your original post in your other threads of the same topic.
    Agreed - four posts to vent your (the OP) frustrations is quite enough. In the meantime, I'm going riding!

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    The OP likes to bash Airborne and feels like starting new threads every few days to do so. Funny how he did this and yet wants to "race" his new Evo this summer. The Airborne forum has been fun and supportive until the OP has been around lately and now I feel like every other thread is him knocking something about a company that he still doesn't even own a bike from yet and now mocking people who can't get a bike due to it being sold out. Some people need to get off their computer and hit the trails!

mtbr member
    +1 RSDSav

mtbr member
    I apologize. The whole experience of trying to find a bike in my price range left me disappointed, bitter, frustrated and angry. Really im just too damn competitive for my own good. I want to race and be good, but I cant afford the equipment. Yet guys on single speed fat bikes are faster than me so I also realize its not about the equipment (at least at my level).

Im hoping the new bike (EVO should arrive tomorrow), and having an actual spring in WI; along with finally having some real riding time available for the first time in 2 years, will help me get back to when MBing was about fun, and stress relief, and being back in nature. I miss that and obviously need it.

My new Airborne will probably go along way in helping me get back to where I was a few years ago; and for that I will be grateful to Airborne.

I hope the company is doing well so we can all enjoy their bikes in the future.

Nothing but positive MOJO from now on I promise.
    People ask me all the time "who beat you up"? I tell them "a tree". They just look at me funny....

mtbr member
    Last thing then i'll shut the hell up:

Funny thing is, the frustrated and angry part about trying to find a bike in my price range was far more due to my experiences with the Local bike shops than it was with Airborne.

Misplaced angst is bad angst. Sorry.

Squ-eti
    [QUOTE=pattongb;11865505]Funny thing is, the frustrated and angry part about trying to find a bike in my price range was far more due to my experiences with the Local bike shops than it was with Airborne.[QUOTE]

Sorry to hear about your bad experiences. I did a lap around the local bike shops too before committing to the EVO. Actually I started out 99% sold on ordering a fat bike from bikes direct. Then I discovered Airborne, the EVO, and this awesome forum, and thought if I didn't find anything in my price range or size at the LBS (was hoping for a good deal on a last year's model, but by the time funding came available I missed that boat) I was going all in for the EVO and I'm glad I did. I've had limited dirt time on it so far because of the weather, but it's been enough to see that massive potential the bike has for having fun on it.

Hope you enjoy your EVO when it arrives.
    "Trails? Where we're going we don't need, trails!"

mtbr member
    On a positive note: This arrived for my EVO today Airborne is out of 18&quot; EVO and Goblin-water-cage.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2000
    Glad to see that the tone of the OP has settled down. I sensed disappointment as the source of the angst, too.

Sorry to hear, pattongb, that you were basically forced to shop online by the poor quality of your local LBSs. That should NEVER happen (but does all too commonly, I'm sure).

Also sorry to hear about the apparent troubles with Airborne. I think they serve an important segment of the mountain biking community (them and all the online direct-to-consumer brands). I've only ridden one of their models, but it was a solid performer and a solid value.

-g
    Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Mtbrcom

Follow us on Twitter - twitter.com/Mtbr

Mtbr YouTube Channel

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Wut. Looks like a mod or someone pmed OP. That instant change in directions...gg

Edit: Looks like they fixed oos on the sizes that are not available. gj.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    LOL @ him editing his original post.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Yeah, if you think finding an Airborne bike you want in your size is difficult, try finding a Kona or Norco, or any other harder to find brand at certain times of the year from and LBS. Not happening without preordering.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thongy View Post
    Wut. Looks like a mod or someone pmed OP. That instant change in directions...gg

Edit: Looks like they fixed oos on the sizes that are not available. gj.
    Noone pmed me or said a word. I reread my posts this morning when I woke up and found them inapropriate.

Get my EVO tomorrow and I'm extremely excited.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by porkpistol View Post
    LOL @ him editing his original post.
    Well I wanted to delete it but could not figure out how to do that so I edited it.