Airborne Guardian 29er 16 or 18 inch for the wife...- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    95

    Airborne Guardian 29er 16 or 18 inch for the wife...

    she is 5'7'' and about 125 lbs. I think I am leaning towards the 16 inch for her. Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Titanium junkie
    Reputation: Loudviking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,429
    Is she mostly legs?
    If so I would go 18 inch.
    You go smaller alot of seat tube will be used to raise it
    high enough for her to get the proper leg extension.
    Last edited by Loudviking; 04-15-2012 at 04:16 PM.
    Climb into the sky, never wonder why - Tailgunner
    You're a Tailgunner

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    95
    she is more legs for sure. Guardian is a great deal compared to LBS deals so I think tonight I am going to pull the trigger tonight.

  4. #4
    Titanium junkie
    Reputation: Loudviking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,429
    You might want to call them first and make sure of the sizing.
    Just because every brand is different with sizing their bikes.
    Climb into the sky, never wonder why - Tailgunner
    You're a Tailgunner

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,675
    That's why it's a good idea to buy a bike from a human being at a LBS, they can size your wife properly, instead of an internet bike fit.

  6. #6
    keeptrollintrollintrollin
    Reputation: codyh12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddle Up View Post
    That's why it's a good idea to buy a bike from a human being at a LBS, they can size your wife properly, instead of an internet bike fit.
    This is why you call the manufacturer with your wife's inseam.... they should be able to size her just fine. I have the goblin in an 18 inch and it rides great.... the goblin and guardian share frames I believe so she should really enjoy it! FYI, I am 5' 10" and have a 32" inseam and am riding the 18.

  7. #7
    Titanium junkie
    Reputation: Loudviking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,429
    Did you call them?
    I wish you happy riding , and post back how you like it.
    That look's like a good bike for the money.
    Climb into the sky, never wonder why - Tailgunner
    You're a Tailgunner

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,675
    ^ thanks for proving my point, on an internet bike fit standover is the measure. Humans that make a living fitting people to real bicycles know that top tube length is a far more important dimension.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BigDaddyFlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddle Up View Post
    ^ thanks for proving my point, on an internet bike fit standover is the measure. Humans that make a living fitting people to real bicycles know that top tube length is a far more important dimension.
    We don't sell someone a size just because they can stand over it. There are many other factors involved. I think you have us confused with a department store.

    Between two of us here that deal with customers/inquiries, we have more than 30 combined years experience in fitting people on the phone and in person.

    If someone has a fit question they can call us, and we will work with them to ensure that our bike fits them properly before we take their $$. If we don't have something that will work, we are honest and tell them that.

    We'd prefer to not send out a bike that doesn't fit and then deal with the hassles and expense of a return. It's not good for us or the customer.

    Thanks~

    .
    Please Note: I no longer work for Airborne. If you have an Airborne question or problem please contact them directly.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    963
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    We don't sell someone a size just because they can stand over it. There are many other factors involved. I think you have us confused with a department store.

    Between two of us here that deal with customers/inquiries, we have more than 30 combined years experience in fitting people on the phone and in person.

    If someone has a fit question they can call us, and we will work with them to ensure that our bike fits them properly before we take their $$. If we don't have something that will work, we are honest and tell them that.

    We'd prefer to not send out a bike that doesn't fit and then deal with the hassles and expense of a return. It's not good for us or the customer.

    Thanks~

    .
    ^^This is exactly what I did when I was helping my nephew buy his new Guardian. I called and talked to Eric and he was professional and very helpful. I am very impressed with Airborne's commitment to excellence with their products.
    2019 Rocky Mountain Altitude C70 Custom
    2018 Pivot Mach 5.5 Custom
    2018 Orange Alpine 6 Custom
    2017 Knolly Warden Custom

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    95
    how long did it take to get your bike once you purchased it?

  12. #12
    keeptrollintrollintrollin
    Reputation: codyh12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    296
    Mine took about 5 days but that was over a holiday weekend

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.