Airborne Customer Service Not Impressing Me- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2014

Airborne Customer Service Not Impressing Me

This is a repeat post from last week but I wanted to post it on the Airborne specific forum.

Through the end of the year Airborne had sale prices and no shipping. They decided to put up a new website days before christmas. The site did not allow size selection of say what sizes were available. I tried to contact them through email and phone with no luck and figured they were on vacation although it wasn't indicated anywhere that they were.

I was not alone in this according to posts to Airborne's Facebook page. I really wanted to take advantage of this sale. I went through the ordering page to see if at any point it allowed size selection ( It did not) I received an email with an order number even though I didn't go through payment page because I wanted to know what I was getting before I shelled out the money. I immediately left them another message.

Still no feedback. On the last day of the sale I just went ahead and tried to order and take my chances to get the sale price. The payment page which is linked to paypal wouldn't accept any of my payment options. Again I got an order number and tried to contact Airborne.

The following week, Now after the holidays and after the sale I figured they would get back to me after I left them several calls and emails with my botched orders and questions. The never returned my calls or emailed me. I tried calling a couple more times and only got answering machine but left no messages since I already left several.

I was shocked they completely ignored me. I let them know of my problems with ordering several times and told them I was trying to order before the sale ended and absolutely nothing. I heard so much good about their service and eagerness to please. This makes me lose confidence in them and hesitant to trust them. Anybody else deal with this with Airborne? It appears they fixed the website but still no contact. I just emailed them again this morning and still nothing.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    FWIW I finally got an apologetic reply from Airborne this afternoon and they are willing to honor the prices that were in effect at the time when I attempted to get a bike from them in the first place. I didn't receive this until after closing time so I have yet to speak to them but I'm glad have gotten a reply . They respoded to the lateness of a reply was difficulties with the new website that has been more of a challenge launching than they intended.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    UPDATE I now have had my Airborne Goblin for a nearly months and all is forgiven with Airborne. They came through with everything they said. The bike arrived and was easy to assemble. The drivetrain needed a fairly thorough adjustment and the brakes were a little finnicky out of the box. I have ridden a couple of dirt road rides and one ride with nearly 25 miles of singletrack (would have ridden more but Colorado is snowy) . I couldn't be happier with the new bike.

I have no regrets despite the early hassle with the sales process. I just hit Airborne at a transition period and things were a little slow with that transition on their end.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    When Jeremy went to another company, it seems their customer service took a hit. Hope they replace him with someone else who can take some of the load off of Eric I believe.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Eric has been very helpful and responsive to emails.

mtbr member
    Glad it finally worked out and you are enjoying your bike. I have had some issues as well: bland emails, 3 unanswered phone calls...

But hope to so love my Goblin that my concerns wash away like yours have!

Keep riding and stay safe!
    People ask me all the time "who beat you up"? I tell them "a tree". They just look at me funny....

mtbr member
    Eric from Airborne contacted me directly and took great care of me. Now looking forward to riding my new bike!
    People ask me all the time "who beat you up"? I tell them "a tree". They just look at me funny....