Airborne Anniversaries and Milestones- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Airborne Anniversaries and Milestones

I took my first trail ride on my new Goblin two years ago today. Three months of research lead me to Airborne, and a sweet looking Metallic Black Goblin. I ran into some problems, Airborne was quick to get me back on the trail with a Quick Silver Goblin frame, and I couldn't be happier with my choice of companies to buy from.
    I then suffered a long spell of upgrade-itis, so there isn't much left of the original bike. Matter of fact, the only things that are still original are the cranks and the Reba front fork. I am on my third season of riding at the ripe old age of 45, and I have had to learn some things the hard way when it came to MTB'ing. In other words, my ass crashed a LOT, but I have truly enjoyed every moment this bike has given me.

A HUGE thank you to Eric and BigDaddyFlyer for all the help and advice over the last two years. THANKS!!

Stans Crest Wheelset
    Next Carbon Bars
    30T Race Face N/W
    42T/16T One-Up
    Xpedo Flats
    KS eTen Dropper Post
    CB Kronolog Remote
    CB Cobalt 2 Stem
    CB Split Skewers
    SLX Brakeset - Metallics
    X-9 Type 2 RD
    Togs!
    FSA Poly Green Headset Spacers - I have four of these laying around if anyone would like them!
    Ano-green Jockey Wheels
    Windcutter Apple Green Rotors
    WTB Pure V Saddle
    Specialized Ergons
    Maxxis Ardent
    Maxxis Ignitor

Before

After

After we stopped to take a few pictures, it was time to relax a bit and enjoy the outdoors and have a Happy Camper IPA! Represent NM!

Last edited by s0ul_chicken; 08-14-2015 at 02:15 PM.

mtbr member
    Happy anniversary! Ha Really nice looking bike!
    Ripe old age of 47 here.....some health issues are making it more difficult to ride a hard tail....I really need to get on a fully....

mtbr member
    Thanks toddre! I get a juicy cortizone shot Tuesday at 9:45 in the right knee - thinking about doing the left as well...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ul_chicken View Post
    Thanks toddre! I get a juicy cortizone shot Tuesday at 9:45 in the right knee - thinking about doing the left as well...

Well good luck....haven't had to go down that road yet....

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Congrats! You should change the title of the thread to Airborne Anniversaries and give any/everyone a chance to post some milestones. It's encouraging to guys like me that are right around the one month mark. . . . .

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by toddre View Post
    Well good luck....haven't had to go down that road yet....
    Thanks, I am looking forward to it believe it or not. Sucks getting up there in years, right?

Quote Originally Posted by hadley.michael View Post
    Congrats! You should change the title of the thread to Airborne Anniversaries and give any/everyone a chance to post some milestones. It's encouraging to guys like me that are right around the one month mark. . . . .
    Great idea! I can get that changed. As far as encouragement, all I need to do is look at my bike and I want to ride!

mtbr member
    As far as milestones, my goal is to hit 1000 miles on the trail this year. Kinda behind, but I am pleased so far with my progress, plus I have yet to add this weeks rides in the tally.

Airborne Anniversaries and Milestones-capture.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ul_chicken View Post
    As far as encouragement, all I need to do is look at my bike and I want to ride!

Haha, good call, guess I didn't quite mean that literally. For me, its still plenty new and exciting, and there's no shortage of new trails to tackle here in Colorado. But, seeing guys sticking with it for years, pushing through nagging injuries, etc., is encouraging in a broader sense. And I like the addition of the goals:

For me, 500 (I just got my Guardian in mid-July), and will have to push a bit to get there, but I'm hopeful. Just over 50 at the moment, but feeling better with every ride and pushing longer and longer.

mtbr member
    You're welcome! Ride on!

Jeremy