airborne- Mtbr.com

Thread: airborne

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Cool-blue Rhythm airborne

hey guys, i bought an airborne marauder and for a month i ve been riddin it pretty hard. i live in So Cal and i ve been going from laguna beach at top-of-the-world to aliso wilderness area and in bigbear/snowsummit taking the chair lift. personally i really like it. it fits my riding style very well. i love the price, and the room for upgrade.

here's my question, TO THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY OWN OR HAVE RIDDEN IT & ARE NOT PART OF THE "FIGHTCREW" , what do you think. most of the reviews i ve read are from people who obviously have nt even seen it, or are from the fightcrew . not that i dont trust the fightcrew (which i am skeptical) but ive read all your reviews and they all seem very positive, thanks. so lets see it, i ve noticed RS sold out of the 17in, so they must be out there.

SS Pusher Man
    Never ask for opinions "AFTER" you buy something......What does it really matter what we think?

Do you like the bike?

Do you like the way it rides?

Do you have fun on it?

Then that is all that matters.

BUT.....since you asked:

I don't believe that sub $1000 fullsuspension bikes are worth the money......you end up making way too big of a concesion to get into the FS frame in the components that they throw on there......usually cheap/non-adjustable forks/shocks and very low end drivetrain. Then they usually weigh way more than they really need to be.

Personally, if I had $750 to spend on a bike.....I would have looked for a used AM bike....something along the lines of a Heckler.

Sorry, you asked.
    Last edited by mtnbikej; 09-10-2010 at 05:24 PM.
    Bicycles donít have motors or batteries.:nono:

Ebikes are not bicycles :nono:

AZ
    banned
    /\ This , congratulations on your purchase .

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Isn't it pretty muchan iron horse warrior frame? Like said above cheap fs bikes are garbage
    2011 transition 250
    2009 DB scapegoat

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    its the IH sachem (6in vs. warriors 5). and alot of people dont feel like spending 4 grand on a bike. and you read my review on it, you know i like it. i was jus wondering what people who ACTUALLY ride it think. i did my research on it before i bought it as you can read in my post. i wanted to avoid people like you on this post talkin about other bikes. now anyone want to talk about this bike who is riding it lets talk. everyone else please fu&k off

SS Pusher Man
    Quote Originally Posted by robuler
    its the IH sachem (6in vs. warriors 5). and alot of people dont feel like spending 4 grand on a bike. and you read my review on it, you know i like it. i was jus wondering what people who ACTUALLY ride it think. i did my research on it before i bought it as you can read in my post. i wanted to avoid people like you on this post talkin about other bikes. now anyone want to talk about this bike who is riding it lets talk. everyone else please fu&k off

Gonna make a lot of friends with that kind of talk.

banned
    Sep 2010
    everyone else please fu&k off

Welcome to you too , enjoy your short stay .

AZ
    banned

That's not very friendly .

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    im sorry im jus tired of people taking over these forums with there "buy a $4000 bike or you ll be sorry" attitude. if thats all you people have to offer than this will be a short stay. all im sayin is i want to hear from people with background on this bike.

AZ
    banned
    im sorry im jus tired of people taking over these forums with there "buy a $4000 bike or you ll be sorry" attitude. if thats all you people have to offer than this will be a short stay. all im sayin is i want to hear from people with background on this bike.

How do you know who has "back ground" ?

SS Pusher Man

Hmmm......still not seeing where I told you that you had to spend $4k on a bike.

No...I do not have experience with this bike in specific.....but I have worked in a bike shop the last 5 years......yes this is a general assumption based on what I saw with low end FS bikes.

Yes, for $7-800 you can find a lot of 3 year old used AM bikes that you can ride hard....that don't weigh 38 lbs.......with shocks that are adjustable. I also stated that that is what "I" would have done.

You want feedback on this bike.......try asking in the Iron Horse forum.

As long as you are happy with it.....more power to you......I guess I will go out and ride my $4k bike......because everybody told me that is what I had to spend to get a bike.

since 4/10/2009
    If you can't afford to drop the coin for a decent one, don't bother with a full suspension. And a decent full suspension does not require $4000.

I'm honestly not all that impressed with any of the "reborn" Airborne bikes. That one in particular...I don't know anything about that particular fork. I know Spinner makes some super cheap stuff and I've seen it...no different than RST's junk. I have heard they make some better forks, but I've never seen them. I will say this: the only mechanical disc brakes I've seen worth ANYTHING are Avid BB7's. X-7 RD and a no-name Shimano FD...meh. The X-7 is perfectly fine, but the FD is not all that confidence-inspiring. The hubs are no-name...and are going to be tanks that will not last long. Nondescript tires? Srsly?

Another thing I noticed...the pivot point on that bike seems to be optimized for big ring use...but there's no big ring. So what's going to happen is that when you pedal, chain tension is going to force the shock to extend...effectively locking out the suspension when you pedal. That's going to suck. It's going to harshen your ride when you climb, and make the suspension pointless when you need it most (to keep your wheel in contact with the ground while you climb).

Don't ask other people what they think about something unless you're ready for answers you don't want to hear.

mtbr member
    Back when I was a n00b and couldn't ride very well I would have been happy with it. Then I turned 10

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Any thing you post here is open for general discussion. Granted yes it would be nice to get all the good answers, but no one is perfect, and everyone has opinions. My opinion is cheap an FS don't go together. Reminds me of the walgoose.
    2011 transition 250
    2009 DB scapegoat

Proud Snob
    Apr 2009
    Your bike sucks and you're a ******.

Terrain Sculptor
    14 posts all about your airborne spammed all over MTBR and you're tired already?

http://www.pinkbike.com/forum/

banned
    Apr 2010
    COol, another thread from Randall and the Flight Crew.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    i jus want answers from people who have actually ridden the bike. i thought i made it clear enough when i put it in all caps. good bye mtbr, you are full are ******s

Terrain Sculptor
    good bye mtbr, you are full are ******s
    Nope, couldn't translate this one at all.

banned
    Apr 2010
    Lol @Randall.

banned
    Sep 2010
    good bye mtbr, I am a shill a will not bother you fine people again . P.S. I will kick randall for you .

Fixed it .

Members who have read this thread: 0