27.5+ evo?- Mtbr.com

Thread: 27.5+ evo?

Squ-eti

27.5+ evo?

so, the Griffin release got me curious. I'm loving my new EVO, but sometimes wishing for a little more tire volume. I found the WTB trailblazer tires at 27.5x2.8 that supposedly will fit most 29" bikes/forks. Wondering if anyone else had successfully made the conversion, or think it would work with the RS Revelation? I'd love to be able to semi-fat the EVO!
    "Trails? Where we're going we don't need, trails!"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mccartney7499 View Post
    so, the Griffin release got me curious. I'm loving my new EVO, but sometimes wishing for a little more tire volume. I found the WTB trailblazer tires at 27.5x2.8 that supposedly will fit most 29" bikes/forks. Wondering if anyone else had successfully made the conversion, or think it would work with the RS Revelation? I'd love to be able to semi-fat the EVO!
    You want even bigger tires!? LOL wow. The tires that come on it seem so huge compared to what I usually have on my bikes!

Anyways go over to the Wheels and Tires Forum here on MTBR and just post a thread with the name of the rims and asking how big can you go.

Someone will quickly let you know.

Or try googling it.
    People ask me all the time "who beat you up"? I tell them "a tree". They just look at me funny....

Squ-eti
    Quote Originally Posted by pattongb View Post
    You want even bigger tires!? LOL wow. The tires that come on it seem so huge compared to what I usually have on my bikes!
    Haha, they're bigger than what I'm used too as well, but after seeing the benefits it seems like a little more "fat" couldn't hurt.

After looking at the cost of wheels that will fit the EVO I'm thinking it's probably not a worthwhile project though. Guess I'll just have to save up for a fat bike :-)
    "Trails? Where we're going we don't need, trails!"

Members who have read this thread: 0