22" Airborne Evo...who is riding one?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2012

22" Airborne Evo...who is riding one?

Anyone riding a 22" evo? Does it feel like a really big bike? I am 6'5" with a 35" inseam. I am riding the goblin now but I have learned more of what I want in a bike since started ridding. I went with the 20" goblin because of standover but the 24.5 ett is to short. Looking for a more trail oriented bike.

I am also considering buying the evo and swapping the parts over to a yelli screamy frame. It is about the same ETT but lower standover.

Thanks for any input

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Would be nice to know as well. I'm the exact same height and inseam... Looking at purchasing the Goblin non evo. Thought I needed an XXL frame 23", but tested out a Trek 23 X-Caliber 6 and Specialized RockHopper Sport and they seemed to big. For pavement riding they were fine, but offroad would be a different story. I'm an old circa 1989 BMX racer and like the feel of a smaller bike. Test rode a Trek Marlin-6 in the XL and loved the feel of the bike. But the Goblin has much better specs than the Trek's etc. Just not sure on the Goblin Geometry in relation to a Trek G2 geometry?

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    I'm just under 6'2" and the 20" Goblin EVO fits me perfectly. I imagine at your height the 22" EVO would be perfect for you. I would call airborne though, they helped me with my sizing when I wasn't sure. Can't beat the Clearance price on an XL EVO right now. I doubt you could buy all the components for the price they are asking. The Yelli will be my next hardtail for sure. Very sweet looking bike with what looks like really fun geometry. The EVO is no slouch though. I quite like mine.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I ride a 22" Seeker which has the same frame as the std Goblin. From a fit standpoint, I think it is very similar to the 22 Evo frame. I am 6'4" with a 36" inseam. I have a shorter torso for my size. The 22" frame is very good sized. I think it will fit you perfectly. It has about 1" more seat height than I need. I found the reach to be too large for me, about 2" too large. It had me very stretched out on the bike. This works for smooth XC, but I ride more trail. I went from a 110mm stem to a 40mm stem and much wider bars with a 3" rise. The bikes fits me very well with these adjustments. At your height and inseam, you will want more reach than me. The EVO has a shorter stem than the std Goblin and I would predict a very good fit stock for you. The most you might need is a stem/bar adjustment. The seat height should work very well.

The 20" Goblin will be too small for you. I might actually fit on it if I got an extended seat tube. I would also have to really increase the bar height.

mtbr member
    22" is my size and I am craving one of these. I don't think I can justify the purchase since I just bought another 29er HT, a Scott Scale 960, only a month ago. I love the Scott but something a little more AM would be nice with more fork travel and wider tires.
    2015 Kona Taro
    2015 Motobecane Grand Record
    2014 Scott Scale 960
    2015 Trek FX 7.3

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Couldn't resist. Ordered a 22" Goblin Evo this morning.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by soarftb View Post
    22" is my size and I am craving one of these. I don't think I can justify the purchase since I just bought another 29er HT, a Scott Scale 960, only a month ago. I love the Scott but something a little more AM would be nice with more fork travel and wider tires.
    Sell the Scale and get the Evo it's a lot more bike and a steal at $1279. They were originally $1825 with shipping and a similar Trek was around $2000 (Stache 7)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoMountainsBiker View Post
    Sell the Scale and get the Evo it's a lot more bike and a steal at $1279. They were originally $1825 with shipping and a similar Trek was around $2000 (Stache 7)
    Grr, you were supposed to say "don't worry about it, have fun with the bike you have." Does the $1279 include tax and shipping?
    2015 Kona Taro
    2015 Motobecane Grand Record
    2014 Scott Scale 960
    2015 Trek FX 7.3

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Yup no tax and no shipping!