• 08-03-2013
    bank5
    Who builds no tubes wheels?
    I picked up a ztr arch ex rear wheel on amazon and noticed that there's already some wobble in the wheel before even riding it. Hopefully it wont cause future problems - Seems like it may have been a rush build job. Does no tubes build all of the stock ztr wheels? Is there anything I can do?
  • 08-03-2013
    customfab
    You should definitely fix it before using it.

Stans sells a lot of rims as well as complete wheels. They build wheels at there wharehouse in the states and I imagine they build OE wheels in Asia as well. There are also hundreds of other companies building their rims into wheels. So it's impossible to say who built your wheel.
  • 08-03-2013
    jeffj
    Amazon is like a shell in many cases when you buy through them. There will usually be a business other than Amazon that is actually supplying the goods. I would think that is who you would be dealing with if you expect to take that course of action. If I were in your shoes (and not mine because I build my own wheels), I would take the wheel to a trusted shop and pay them to finish the job properly. It sux, but that will get you back on your bike the soonest, and then chalk it up to buying a wheel through Amazon being a crapshoot.

I suppose you could go through the steps to seek recourse from whomever you purchased it from, but that will be a total PITA and keep you off the bike for some of the prime riding season. JMHO
  • 08-03-2013
    b-kul
    just bring it to a lbs and have them true it up. kinda sucks but sometimes thats the price you pay for pre built wheels.
  • 08-03-2013
    bank5
    Thanks for the replies. I'll take it to my LBS and have them true it up. Next time I might pay a bit more and go with a custom wheelset instead
  • 08-05-2013
    bank5
    My lbs said that the wheel is actually true but it's the tire that's a bit out of whack. It's a new tire but he said that can be common and I'm good to go. I love having a great honest bike mechanic.