SRAM on Amazon Legit?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2019

SRAM on Amazon Legit?

The prices of SRAM cassettes on Amazon shipped from Amazon UK seem to be cheaper than most other retailers. Are these counterfeit or legit?

Chris

mtbr member
    I saw those too. Tax and shipping adds another $30 for an X01...about $280...which still isn't bad. If you pay through Amazon...you should be able to get your money back if it doesn't work out. If you go to their store...some of their stuff is under "Prime".

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Not a cassette but I got a X01 Eagle chain shipped from amazon.de to Finland cheaper than the cheapest bike specific retailer before shipping. The product was definitely legit.

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    I'll be in Barcelona for 2 weeks in a month, are prices for bicycle components cheaper in Europe?

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Not with VAT

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    I think if I am bringing the stuff out of the EU can't I get my VAT refunded?

Chris

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I bought one, and it was legit.

mtbr member
    In the US, brands have the ability to enforce a MAP policy. Min advertised Price. In Europe they cannot enforce pricing policies so it's generally a race to the bottom on everything. I have no idea how brick and motor stores survive in Europe.

The only argument that I hear other retailers make to the customer is about having to deal with a warranty.

jrm
    mtbr member
    Im surprised that the sellers arent stating that they wont ship to US like the oversees sellers of shimano stuff.

mtbr member
    I'm seeing an eagle X01 cassette for $245.02 + $11.21 shipped from the Amazon Global Store UK. I think I'll go ahead and get one as that's much cheaper than stateside.

I can also sign up for the "Amazon.com store card" and get $60 off "instantly" and pay $185.08 for the cassette which is very attractive indeed. I'm a bit of a Luddite, anybody use the Amazon store card? Are there any fees or penalties I'm missing if I sign up for it, use it once, and let it go dormant?

Sent from my moto g(6) forge using Tapatalk
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by WHALENARD View Post
    I'm seeing an eagle X01 cassette for $245.02 + $11.21 shipped from the Amazon Global Store UK. I think I'll go ahead and get one as that's much cheaper than stateside.

I can also sign up for the "Amazon.com store card" and get $60 off "instantly" and pay $185.08 for the cassette which is very attractive indeed. I'm a bit of a Luddite, anybody use the Amazon store card? Are there any fees or penalties I'm missing if I sign up for it, use it once, and let it go dormant?

Sent from my moto g(6) forge using Tapatalk
    Amazon Store Card = retail store credit card and deferred finance charge for some Amazon purchases. Miss the payoff date you pay finance charge plus whatever apr might apply. It's like having a Sears or Walmart credit card with some perks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    I ordered a GX 11 speed cassette from the Amazon global store, was 100% legitimate and much cheaper than any other websites around.

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Yeah, I just ordered the XX1 cassette, derailleur, shifter, and chain from Amazon for $800 for my 2012 S-Works Epic. I had to order a $120 XD driver as well. Looks like it should take a week or two to get here. I'll post results once I get them.

Chris

Formerly of Kent

SRAM on Amazon Legit?

Just got my Eagle X01 cassette from Amazon UK.

Looks and feels like every other Eagle cassette Iíve seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Death from Below.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm View Post
    Im surprised that the sellers arent stating that they wont ship to US like the oversees sellers of shimano stuff.
    That was enforced by Shimano since many US vendor were complaining they couldn't match the prices.

UK Global Store

SRAM on Amazon Legit?-snap7.jpg
    Ripley LS v3
    OG Ripley v2 handed down to son

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post
    Just got my Eagle X01 cassette from Amazon UK.

Looks and feels like every other Eagle cassette Iíve seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the reassurance, I am not certain it makes sense to invest $900 in a 8 year old bike, but the previous owner converted it to 1x10 and the 32 to 34 low gear is not enough torque for me.

Thanks,
    Chris

It's carbon dontcha know.
    I bought an 11 speed X01 cassette from there in late December, it turned up at the end of January.

Inside the package was a clearly secondhand/returned SRAM X01 box, inside that box someone had put a SRAM NX cassette.

It cost me $25 to return the cassette, they refunded me only $20 for shipping. I fought them for the other $5.

Annoying all around.
    Rolling on 29", 650b, 8.3" and 23mm

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    I never updated this thread. I ordered the X01 chain, cassette, and derailleur from the Amazon UK store. Everything showed up in brand new retail packaging. The shifter came from a US seller and it showed up in a bag, most likely an OEM component, but it was brand new.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thElement View Post
    I bought an 11 speed X01 cassette from there....
    There are a lot of vendors on Amazon. Which one gave you a bum deal?
    What, me worry?

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thElement View Post
    I bought an 11 speed X01 cassette from there in late December, it turned up at the end of January.

Inside the package was a clearly secondhand/returned SRAM X01 box, inside that box someone had put a SRAM NX cassette.

It cost me $25 to return the cassette, they refunded me only $20 for shipping. I fought them for the other $5.

Annoying all around.
    One of my clients is an Amazon big wig and she told me that this is one of the big issues with the Amazon marketplace having so many individual vendors. She said ALWAYS send a note to Amazon [vs just the seller] as Amazon will put the hammer down on them.

FWIW, They bounce many sellers a day for knock off items.

____
    "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face,"
    Mike Tyson