dmo
    mtbr member

Spank Vibracore bars

Anyone try the Spank Vibracore bars? Are they any better than carbon bars? I'm currently using a RF sixc carbon bar and was wondering if one of the vibracore bars would be any better.

Which bar is their xc ish bar, the spike, oozy? I'm looking for a 750mm bar with 15 or 20mm rise and 8 degree sweep.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I have one I went with a Spank Oozy Trail 760 Vibrocore Handlebar, Black/Grey, 15Mm Rise, 760Mm Width. I think that is their XC bar.

I run it on my singlespeed that has 100 Front Travel. I was running super stiff Niner Carbon Bar with non foam grips and getting some pins and needles in my wrist and hands on long rides so I made the switch.

Changed over to the Vibrocore bar and a pair of Red Monkey foam grips (similar to ESI chunky) and have been all good since then. From what I understand there is a foam core inside the bar that helps with dampening vibrations.

I think the bar has made a difference as going from probably the stiffest bar ever (Niner Carbon) to this has helped with arm fatigue.

It's like a Oval chainring hard to describe but you can feel it making a subtle diffference...

dmo
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by newking View Post
    I have one I went with a Spank Oozy Trail 760 Vibrocore Handlebar, Black/Grey, 15Mm Rise, 760Mm Width. I think that is their XC bar.

I run it on my singlespeed that has 100 Front Travel. I was running super stiff Niner Carbon Bar with non foam grips and getting some pins and needles in my wrist and hands on long rides so I made the switch.

Changed over to the Vibrocore bar and a pair of Red Monkey foam grips (similar to ESI chunky) and have been all good since then. From what I understand there is a foam core inside the bar that helps with dampening vibrations.

I think the bar has made a difference as going from probably the stiffest bar ever (Niner Carbon) to this has helped with arm fatigue.

It's like a Oval chainring hard to describe but you can feel it making a subtle diffference...
    That's interesting.

I have a singlespeed with a niner rigid fork and was thinking of the Spank Vibracore

I'll give it a try

dmo
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by newking View Post

...Another question

Did you cut down the bar or keep it at 760mm? Does cutting it change the bar in any bad way?

mtbr member
    I normally like a 740 but I left them at 760 to get the extra width for leverage while unseated climbing. My trails are tight so I'm not a super wide bar kind of guy but 760 feels good.