Spacer - Boost fork with non-boost wheel- Mtbr.com
    G
    Mr. Lurker

Spacer - Boost fork with non-boost wheel

Trying to see if I can use a 29er 15x100 thru-axle wheel on a newer boos fork.
    I have not been able to find any spacers, do these exist? Are two spacers required or just one?

Thanks.

Formerly of Kent
    What wheel, or more specifically, what hub do you have?

If Hope, DT Swiss, or I9:

https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/...ts/boostinator

If not one of those, and 6 bolt: look up Boost Hub Converter on Amazon or Ebay.
    Death from Below.

G
    Mr. Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post
    What wheel, or more specifically, what hub do you have?

If Hope, DT Swiss, or I9:

https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/...ts/boostinator

If not one of those, and 6 bolt: look up Boost Hub Converter on Amazon or Ebay.
    I have a Stans 3.0 front hub - not sure if they have this option.
    Spacer - Boost fork with non-boost wheel-img-3518.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by G View Post
    Trying to see if I can use a 29er 15x100 thru-axle wheel on a newer boos fork.

No you need the right axle for that size fork 15 X 110

I have not been able to find any spacers, do these exist? Are two spacers required or just one?
    2 spacers and a rotor spacer, ebay or amazon 12-20 bucks for the kit

Elitest thrill junkie
    These kits are literally all over the place on Amazon and Ebay. I like the two-spacer kits because you don't have to re-true your wheel or mess with anything else. Most people don't take their wheels off much due to improvements in bike racks, so it's not that much of a PITA, it just works.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Always in the wrong gear
    eBay search boost adapter kit.
    https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...Desc=0&_sop=15

There's a TON of low-cost kits that consist of aluminum spacers and a brake rotor spacer. They exist for both front and rear wheels.

I used a kit from MTBTools for about 18 months (flip-flopping between a Whisky no9 rigid fork and a suspension fork).

Edit: not the cheapest, but good quality, and made in CA
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/MTB-Tools-A...ss!85381!US!-1

Once I stopped using the rigid fork I used a dab of RTV slicone liquid gasket to 'glue' the pair of 5mm spacers to the hub so they didn't get lost.

I eventually sold the non-boost 29+ wheelset and built a 29 boost set, but they worked just fine and fit literally every 15x100 hub in existence.
    Shiftin' jumps and huckin' gears

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by G View Post
    I have not been able to find any spacers, do these exist?
    I typed "front axle boost adapter kit" into Google and found hundreds of options within seconds. I am genuinely curious about how this was difficult for you.

the generic ones that are just two 5mm washers and a 5mm rotor spacer ($15-$25) work just fine, but MRP makes one specifically for your hub for about $45

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I have a roval control 148. I just need the front boost adapter. Roval brand sells for 55usd for front and rear. Looking for a 3rd party but would like to know the spacer width to make sure i get it right.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I use the generic ebay spacers, about $10. They work fine. They will work with any wheel, as long as it's a 6 bolt rotor, and not centerlock (the kit is two 5mm spacers for the axle, and another spacer for the rotor).

It takes a little technique to get the wheel on while juggling the axle spacers, but it's not too bad. Or you can glue the spacers to your fork.
    http://www.bikingtoplay.blogspot.com/
    RIGID, not "ridged" or "ridgid"
    PEDAL, not "peddle." Unless you're selling stuff

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    These kits are literally all over the place on Amazon and Ebay. I like the two-spacer kits because you don't have to re-true your wheel or mess with anything else. Most people don't take their wheels off much due to improvements in bike racks, so it's not that much of a PITA, it just works.
    Makes sense for the front wheel but I'm not 100% sure on the rear. It seems to me you would want to keep the cassette positioned next to the drive side dropout to retain the same chainline and derailleur orientation. Is the 3mm (142 to 148) not enough to make much of a difference or do you think there would be some advantage to running a 6mm spacer on the non-drive side and using a different dish setup (I'll be replacing the rims anyway)? All I've found so far is rear kits with 2 3mm spacers which could be put on one side but not sure if a 6mm rotor spacer is possible to source (I guess I could just use 2 3's).
    Mole

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MRMOLE View Post
    Makes sense for the front wheel but I'm not 100% sure on the rear. It seems to me you would want to keep the cassette positioned next to the drive side dropout to retain the same chainline and derailleur orientation. Is the 3mm (142 to 148) not enough to make much of a difference or do you think there would be some advantage to running a 6mm spacer on the non-drive side and using a different dish setup (I'll be replacing the rims anyway)? All I've found so far is rear kits with 2 3mm spacers which could be put on one side but not sure if a 6mm rotor spacer is possible to source (I guess I could just use 2 3's).
    Mole
    I used this: https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/pro...daptor-kit-6mm

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by keen View Post
    Thanks!!
    Mole

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dbltap View Post
    I have a roval control 148. I just need the front boost adapter. Roval brand sells for 55usd for front and rear. Looking for a 3rd party but would like to know the spacer width to make sure i get it right.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    https://www.mtbtools.com/product/ada...t-application/

This is the kit I used. Works with a 110 fork and 100 hub. I use it with a Fox 36 fork and an Ibis front wheel. Perfect!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MRMOLE View Post
    Mole
    Most rear kits going from a 142 to a 148, you will need to redish the wheel 3mm to make them work. I use it with an Industry9 hub.