mtbr member
    Aug 2017

RS REBA adjustment!

Hi,

Got custom rs reba rl, 80/95mm of travel, 51 mm ofset fork from spec epic hardtail alloy bike. Need to know how much travel I can get from this fork by adding or removing spacers.

Thnx, guys
    Custom RockShox Reba RL, rebound adjust, Solo Air spring, tapered alloy crown/steerer, 15x100mm Maxle Stealth thru-axle, 80/95mm of travel, 51mm offsetCustom RockShox Reba RL, rebound adjust, Solo Air spring, tapered alloy crown/steerer, 15x100mm Maxle Stealth thru-axle, 80/95mm of travel, 51mm offsetCustom RockShox Reba RL, rebound adjust, Solo Air spring, tapered alloy crown/steerer, 15x100mm Maxle Stealth thru-axle, 80/95mm of travel, 51mm offsetCustom RockShox Reba RL, rebound adjust, Solo Air spring, tapered alloy crown/steerer, 15x100mm Maxle Stealth thru-axle, 80/95mm of travel, 51mm offsetCustom RockShox Reba RL, rebound adjust, Solo Air spring, tapered alloy crown/steerer, 15x100mm Maxle Stealth thru-axle, 80/95mm of travel, 51mm offsetCustom RockShox Reba RL, rebound adjust, Solo Air spring, tapered alloy crown/steerer, 15x100mm Maxle Stealth thru-axle, 80/95mm of travel, 51mm offset

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Most likely you will only get 100mm out of it. I have 2 reba's both dual air one old chassis one new chassis (not 2018) both only go to 100. And I believe when RS went to solo air max travel never changed. And after they went solo air there are no more travel spacers you have to replace the entire air shaft. but you do get volume spacers

Always in the wrong gear
    Drop the lowers, pull the air spring shaft and look for some spacers. Whatever you can remove is how much you can gain. I wouldn't expect much in there. I wouldn't count on much more than max 100mm.

I had a 2013 Reba that could be spaced for 80-130mm. My 2016 Reba has no spacers and is limited to max 100mm without a new air spring shaft.

Whats with all the white text at the bottom?
    Donít modify the trail to match your skills, modify your skills to match the trails.

damned rocks...
    Usually you have 80-100mm.
    Or 100-120mm.
    So, if you have an 80-95mm, that's probably an 80-100mm.
    You can buy a new shaft and change the travel to 120mm, last time I check you could get a shaft for around Ä24.
    If you feel confident on disassembling the fork, it's not a bad option.
    But do some research first, to see if you can do that with your fork specifically.
    Last edited by Aglo; 08-01-2017 at 02:19 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ARandomBiker View Post
    What's with all the white text at the bottom?
    Helps a search engine find your post.

Always in the wrong gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pig View Post
    Helps a search engine find your post.
    Im familiar with post tagging for search engines, but it struck me as odd because
    1) its the same phrase " Custom RockShox Reba RL, rebound adjust, Solo Air spring, tapered alloy crown/steerer, 15x100mm Maxle Stealth thru-axle, 80/95mm of travel, 51mm offset" repeated about 20 times. more repetition doesn't affect a search engine, and
    2) usually tags are to help others find your post because you have something like a service, or product and want to attract customers. He's asking a question, and not even providing information.
    Donít modify the trail to match your skills, modify your skills to match the trails.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ARandomBiker View Post
    Im familiar with post tagging for search engines, but it struck me as odd...
    Agreed, but what else would you do it for?

Always in the wrong gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pig View Post
    Agreed, but what else would you do it for?
    That's pretty much why I asked. And why I thought it was "odd".

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    oh, thnx.

And if I want max travel from my reba, I mean 100 mm, what I suppose to do? I think I have only 80-90 mm now.

Always in the wrong gear
    Quote Originally Posted by rokkko View Post
    oh, thnx.

And if I want max travel from my reba, I mean 100 mm, what I suppose to do? I think I have only 80-90 mm now.
    See post #3