Performance Forte Pisgah and Tsali- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2009

Performance Forte Pisgah and Tsali

I've read some pretty positive reviews on these, but couldn't find is they ran true to size. Anyone with any experience with these? An honest 2.2? There claimed weight is decently light for the price, so was wondering if they run small.

mtbr member
    I don't have calipers, and width will depend a little on rim width, but I have pisgah front and tsali rear on my hardtail. In my opinion, they might run a *little* small. That's pretty much just a WAG as it seems most tire companies seem to be less than precise at measuring widths so it's hard to even have a reliable "standard" to eyeball it against.

I will say that I've been overall impressed with them, and given the reasonable price, so much the better.
    I'm looking forward to regretting this.......

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I have the Tsali on and Arch Rim, seems to be true to size.

some know me as mongo
    Feb 2008
    They do run small but they really are good tires. I have run most of the performance brand tires with good success. They might not be as good a some of the top tier tires out the but they are not far off, that and they are much cheaper than those tires.

I have the tsali tires on my cummuter bike which see trails on a frequent basis and they hook up decently on the loose over concrete hard trails I have out here. I bet they would hook up really well on normal dirt. They came in a bit lighter than the claimed weight and roll really well. They also seem to be lasting a really long time compared to other tires I have used.
    3000 mile goal for 2018
    3402.7 miles ridden in 2017
    3028.4 miles ridden in 2016

Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!
    If you're looking for a cheap tire with good volume, decent weight and an aggressive tread, give the Duro Switch a gander. $15 each and if you don't like them, you're not out of pocket too much. Also, they mounted up to my Charger Comps with no problems whatsoever.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I'm running Pisgah on Stans Arch Ex wheels and they're great. Seems like they're 2" though, not 2.2.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I'm running the Tsali on a Easton XC rim and it runs closers to 2.05 at 35psi. Its small, but it rolls really fast on hard-pack, a little squirrly on loose over hard-pack.

mtbr member
    Definitely not a true 2.2". I replaced my front kenda nevegal with the Pisgah 2.2,,,,,its quite narrower, but has been performing well. Much lighter than the Nevegal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Performance Forte Pisgah and Tsali-image.jpg  

“NICE ASS!”

-Sheriff Buford T. Justice

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    sorry, wrong thread.
    My bike, Slayer 70

Professional Crastinator
    I have both and they were close enough to 56mm (on a 28mm rim).

The Pisgah works in the loose and wet stuff, and even OK in snow.

The Tsali rails on hardpack, but fails in mud. It is good on pavement in the rain, too.

-F
    It's never easier - you just go faster.

ballbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by TBMD9er View Post
    I've read some pretty positive reviews on these, but couldn't find is they ran true to size. Anyone with any experience with these? An honest 2.2? There claimed weight is decently light for the price, so was wondering if they run small.
    I have a Pisgah on the rear of my FS 29er trailbike, and it seems as big as any of the other 2.2 or 2.3 tires I've used. That is, they aren't size lying any more than Kenda or Maxis.

Good tire! It seems to have really good dig-in climbing traction. Rolling resistance is decent. Not fast, but not noticeably slow. Can't beat the price.

Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!
    What do these weigh in at?

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Mine weighed in at 695g.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    I've got one, I wouldn't recommend it. It hooks up ok at first, but once the edge on the ramped knobs (where the ramp meets the top of the knob) wear a little, it doesn't hook up at all climbing on roots & rocks. I noticed the difference after a month or two of riding.

It's better for cross country riding, not good for technical riding. Instead of the Pisgah, they should have called it the DuPont.