OneUP V2 dropper. Average at best?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2005

OneUP V2 dropper. Average at best?

Wondering if the OneUP V2 dropper is simply a mediocre post. Purchased two weeks ago from major US online shop for an Evil the Offering.

Brand new. WolfTooth remote. Shimano SP41 housing and cable. Installed perfectly. Air pressure set at 250 all the way to 300psi. Seatpost binder not too tight.

The initial drop is sticky. Almost as if something is binding. Compared to my Fox Transfer or Brand X, it is very "on off". Return to full extension is quick and has no issue. But it almost takes a quick seat bounce to get it down. All my other posts drop immediately at the touch of the lever.

I've applied some slick honey under the collar. Will perform complete cleanse and relube per OneUp's excellent tutorial.

Purchased post based on weight and reviews. Any suggestions or is it just an average post with a good price and weight?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Had V1 and then V2. It required constant cleaning to keep it coming back to full height. The low stack height is benefit compared to others.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Whoops, just saw a big OneUp dropper thread in components forum. Mods, please move if need be.

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    I have a 150mm Brand-X dropper. I ended up picking that up over a 180mm OneUp, mostly based on price. I keep wondering if I made the right call 'cause 180mm over 150mm sounds awfully sweet. I've read that entire OneUp thread and seen all sorts of mixed issues with it which was a little off-putting. How smooth is the operation?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinimon View Post
    I have a 150mm Brand-X dropper. I ended up picking that up over a 180mm OneUp, mostly based on price. I keep wondering if I made the right call 'cause 180mm over 150mm sounds awfully sweet. I've read that entire OneUp thread and seen all sorts of mixed issues with it which was a little off-putting. How smooth is the operation?
    I've had 4 Brand X's. Some with the Brand X lever and some with WolfTooth. The OneUP is easier to service....the Brand has not needed anything but a thin layer of Slick Honey maybe once a year. The Brand X smoothness is second to none going up and down. Mine were purchased on sale or with coupon for about $90 to $100 each (again: includes lever that I think is pretty good - my $60 Wolftooth is not $60 better).

But when the X price went up to $190 I decided to try the V2 on sale at backcountry for about $155. I had a spare WT lever. Playing with air pressure (250 to 300, trying to slow down the bunghole piercing return speed) and trying to get rid of the atrocious initial stickiness. Have not down the complete servicing yet. Busy weekend.