new forks- Mtbr.com

Thread: new forks

mtbr member
    Sep 2019

new forks

I am looking for some new forks my budget is 600 they need to be quick release if you have any recommendations I would appreciate if you posted them below thanks.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Two forks is going to mean pretty poor quality at that price point, I would try to use that money to buy one fork, if possible. X-fusion and Manitou both appear to have offerings (on their websites) that are 9mm QR, X-fusion has a 32mm stanchioned for with 120mm travel and Manitou has the Markhor that appears to offer it. It's going to be difficult to find a well-damped fork in 9mm QR though, most will be entry-level stuff that gets worse (harsh) the faster you go. Would highly recommend rebuilding your wheel to 15mm and saving up some more $$$. One way to do it is a hub that can be used as QR and 15mm depending on the axle caps. Boost brings another issue into the equation, but it's easy to use boost adapters for the front and you might not even need them due to all the decent "old" 100x15mm forks still on the market.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

banned
    Oct 2019
    Yeah, Ideally change the hub and get through axle. You can also get boost fork (stiffer wheel, easier to resale later). You can get one decent boost hub and one decent boost fork for your budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk