mtbr member
    Mar 2017

which hub fits my wheels?

I just bought a used bike (2012 yeti sb95) and am looking to upgrade to a louder hub. The current wheels on the bike are race face turbine 29. sorry i'm still new to mtb so any help is really appreciated! i really like the hope pro 4 hub, but am unsure if it'll fit or what the determines a compatible hub.
    Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails which hub fits my wheels?-thumbnail.jpg  

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by ph0shizle View Post
    I just bought a used bike (2012 yeti sb95) and am looking to upgrade to a louder hub. The current wheels on the bike are race face turbine 29. sorry i'm still new to mtb so any help is really appreciated! i really like the hope pro 4 hub, but am unsure if it'll fit or what the determines a compatible hub.
    Thanks!
    Count the number of spokes in your current wheel. Buy a new Hope Pro4 hub that employs the same number of spokes. Cut your old spokes, discard trashed spokes, old nipples and old hub. Buy new spokes (correct length for your hub/rim, new nipples and either build the wheel yourself or have a wheelbuilder build it. Done.
    =sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Hope makes a Pro4 that'll fit, but there's more than one size (not just number of spokes) so make sure to get the correct one. They also make complete wheels with Pro4 hubs.

Not sure why Sparticus is telling you to trash your old wheel when it could be a perfectly good backup or sold. Whatever. Maybe he thinks it's silly to change wheels just to get a louder hub. I know I do.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by noapathy View Post
    Hope makes a Pro4 that'll fit, but there's more than one size (not just number of spokes) so make sure to get the correct one. They also make complete wheels with Pro4 hubs.

Not sure why Sparticus is telling you to trash your old wheel when it could be a perfectly good backup or sold. Whatever. Maybe he thinks it's silly to change wheels just to get a louder hub. I know I do.
    Hes not... Hes just making it a lot easier to separate the OLD spokes from the rim/hub since he has to put new (different length) spokes in anyways if reusing the rim.

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Quote Originally Posted by R_Pierce View Post
    Hes not... Hes just making it a lot easier to separate the OLD spokes from the rim/hub since he has to put new (different length) spokes in anyways if reusing the rim.
    Why assume he wants to keep the rim when it's way easier to just buy a whole wheel? A complete Hope rear wheel (Hope Enduro Pro4 ) is about $300 pre-built shipped to his house. By the time he buys a hub, spokes, nips and has it built he's probably looking at about the same amount. And that's assuming he gets all the parts right. Is this really the best advice for a new guy?

mtbr member
    Why assume he wants to keep the rim when it's way easier to just buy a whole wheel? A complete Hope rear wheel (Hope Enduro Pro4 ) is about $300 pre-built shipped to his house. By the time he buys a hub, spokes, nips and has it built he's probably looking at about the same amount. And that's assuming he gets all the parts right. Is this really the best advice for a new guy?
    "which hub fits my wheels?". He just provided an answer to what the OP asked. That's all.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    "which hub fits my wheels?"...
    That's kind of an oxymoron, cuz if you if you don't have a hub, you don't have a wheel. You only have a rim and spokes, and the spoke are unlikely to work with a different hub, so you just have rim.
    Do the math.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Rager View Post
    That's kind of an oxymoron, cuz if you if you don't have a hub, you don't have a wheel. You only have a rim and spokes, and the spoke are unlikely to work with a different hub, so you just have rim.
    Lol. Point being the guy asked which hub would fit his existing wheel. He's looking for a new HUB so that it's LOUDER.

Easier/cheaper to buy an entire wheel? Most likely! But that's not what the gentleman asked.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

turtles make me hot
    The hub that fits your FRAME is a 142mm wide with 12mm thru axle. You would then get either 28 or 32 holes, whatever matches the rim you want to use. If you buy a whole wheel, get 32.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Thanks! If i buy a new rear wheel (hope enuro pro4) will there be an issue riding if my front wheel is different and no longer the same? I don't plan on racing or anything, just the occasional ride every saturday if that matters.

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Quote Originally Posted by ph0shizle View Post
    Thanks! If i buy a new rear wheel (hope enuro pro4) will there be an issue riding if my front wheel is different and no longer the same? I don't plan on racing or anything, just the occasional ride every saturday if that matters.
    No problem at all unless you worry about matchy matchy colors.

Someone above posted your frame is 142x12 & 29". The only thing left to sort is what cassette (the rear gears) is on the bike so you get the right one to match there. There are only 2 types, Shimano compatible and SRAM xD. Might need another pic of just that - I can't tell, but maybe someoene else can.
    Last edited by noapathy; 05-23-2018 at 07:06 AM.

Out spokin'
    I do too, my unapathetic friend. That, and...

"which hub fits my wheels?". He just provided an answer to what the OP asked. That's all.
    R-Pierce nailed it. Sometimes I choose to answer someone's question without questioning their motives or offering unsolicited advice, although you guys know me well enough to know that's not very often the case.

That, and... I'd been drinking.

Again.
    =sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus View Post
    I do too, my unapathetic friend. That, and...

R-Pierce nailed it. Sometimes I choose to answer someone's question without questioning their motives or offering unsolicited advice, although you guys know me well enough to know that's not very often the case.

That, and... I'd been drinking.

Again.
    =sParty
    You crack me up...in a good way. And your advice is almost always spot on, solicited or otherwise.

Bedtime so I can get out for a ride tomorrow.

mtbr member
    No problem at all unless you worry about matchy matchy colors.

Someone above posted your frame is 142x12 and I think your bike is a 26" for that year. The only thing left to sort is what cassette (the rear gears) is on the bike so you get the right one to match there. There are only 2 types, Shimano compatible and SRAM xD. Might need another pic of just that - I can't tell, but maybe someoene else can.
    Yeah he should totally build his 29er into a 69er.

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Quote Originally Posted by ryguy79 View Post
    Yeah he should totally build his 29er into a 69er.
    Doh. Got it mixed up with the 66...time to edit, thx.