How tight is too tight.....seat post clamp?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012

How tight is too tight.....seat post clamp?

I ordered a Salsa qr clamp for my seat post. I have a Cannondale Flash 29er Alloy....probably needed a couple tenths mm more than what I purchased - 30.0mm. It barely didn't fit, so I did the most logical thing anyone who can't wait would do....squeeze it open with a pair of pliers and force it on . Well, it made it, and the seat post slides in....BARELY, but it still does slide in without much force. Is this ok? I don't want to worry about the clamp or post breaking, I would rather buy a new one if it will be an issue. Is this anything to worry about?

banned
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rsolti13 View Post
    I ordered a Salsa qr clamp for my seat post. I have a Cannondale Flash 29er Alloy....probably needed a couple tenths mm more than what I purchased - 30.0mm. It barely didn't fit, so I did the most logical thing anyone who can't wait would do....squeeze it open with a pair of pliers and force it on . Well, it made it, and the seat post slides in....BARELY, but it still does slide in without much force. Is this ok? I don't want to worry about the clamp or post breaking, I would rather buy a new one if it will be an issue. Is this anything to worry about?
    Have you emailed Cannondale and asked the frame's mfg first, instead of the intardwebz?

mtbr member
    lube it and ride it

Members who have read this thread: 0