Dropper post recommendation- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2019

Dropper post recommendation

Hello all,
    i just purchased a 2019 Stumpjumper ST and want to make a few upgrades. I was looking at dropper posts and see that there a few options for the 34.9 diameter needed. I was hoping to get some recommendations based on experience.
    Thanks.

aka bOb
    I know you asked for experience which I have none on this particular post but I am looking real hard at the PNW Bachelor which comes in a 34.9 now. I have done a crap ton of searching and came up with nothing negative and also received great response from PNW when I emailed them a few questions I had. Just one to look into is all. Reading these forums on droppers is a huge bag of nuts and I always come out more confused.

mtbr member
    Feb 2019
    Thank you for your response. I will definitely look at it and do my research. The reason why asked for experience is so that I can learn from others mistakes. For instance I read somewhere that someone bought the rock shocks dropper post and the cable do not fit through the internal hole.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I have been running the Bike Yoke Revive 160mm now for over a year. It has been 100% flawless!! I have never even had to add air to since initial setup, complete Winner!

mtbr member
    I've had a Rock Shox Reverb post on my much older Stumpjumper FSR for several years. The hydraulic line does not fit through the internal routing of my 2012 frame, it's likely that's been addressed on your 2019 model.

I've had a mixed experience with this dropper. I like that it is infinitely adjustable as opposed to just having a few preset travel amounts. It works well, when it works. The first three years I had it, it was replaced three times under warranty. The last post SRAM sent me has held up flawlessly for about 3 years now, but every ride I find myself wondering if it's going to fail again.

I don't have first hand experience with other droppers, but from what I've heard others are more robust than the Reverb and easier to service. If mine fails again I'll be giving either the PNW or 9point8 posts a very serious look.
    Last edited by Fairbanks007; 02-02-2019 at 05:29 PM.

mtbr member
    I've got about as much experience as possible with dropper posts, as I own a company that runs them on 15+ bikes a year. In my experience over the last two seasons, it's hard to beat the PNW Bachelor. We had about 20 on our bikes over the last two years, and other than needing to refill air into the cartridge a couple of times, we didn't have to send a single post back for a warranty issue.

A close second- to me- is the BikeYoke Revive, which we had on about 8 bikes last year. Occasionally the posts would sag if/when we hung them on a wall for an extended period of time, but of course you can "revive" them with their built-in bleed mechanism. That said, a couple of the well-used bikes did see the posts sag at the end of the year, in which case BikeYoke was SUPER fast to deal with a replacement. FWIW, for 2019 our Ibis bikes come with BikeYoke droppers, and I'm happy enough with them that I won't replace them with PNW.

Previously we had a handful of Fox Transfer posts, and in 2017 I had to send five of them back for warranty replacement. KS is right there too, as I had to send at least that many back to be fixed. I will never use either of those posts again. Last year our Ibis demos came with a combination of Fox and KS (depending on the model and build level), I sold them before they were ever installed on a bike, and I replaced them with PNW droppers. I don't get anything out of our relationship with PNW, other than a slight discount on our purchases and helping promote a great small company run by some stand-up dudes.

mtbr member
    Feb 2019
    Thank you very much for your detailed explanation. I guess I have nothing to loose if I try the PNW as suggested. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    I've got about as much experience as possible with dropper posts, as I own a company that runs them on 15+ bikes a year. In my experience over the last two seasons, it's hard to beat the PNW Bachelor. We had about 20 on our bikes over the last two years, and other than needing to refill air into the cartridge a couple of times, we didn't have to send a single post back for a warranty issue.

A close second- to me- is the BikeYoke Revive, which we had on about 8 bikes last year. Occasionally the posts would sag if/when we hung them on a wall for an extended period of time, but of course you can "revive" them with their built-in bleed mechanism. That said, a couple of the well-used bikes did see the posts sag at the end of the year, in which case BikeYoke was SUPER fast to deal with a replacement. FWIW, for 2019 our Ibis bikes come with BikeYoke droppers, and I'm happy enough with them that I won't replace them with PNW.

Previously we had a handful of Fox Transfer posts, and in 2017 I had to send five of them back for warranty replacement. KS is right there too, as I had to send at least that many back to be fixed. I will never use either of those posts again. Last year our Ibis demos came with a combination of Fox and KS (depending on the model and build level), I sold them before they were ever installed on a bike, and I replaced them with PNW droppers. I don't get anything out of our relationship with PNW, other than a slight discount on our purchases and helping promote a great small company run by some stand-up dudes.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Balistikb View Post
    Hello all,
    i just purchased a 2019 Stumpjumper ST and want to make a few upgrades. I was looking at dropper posts and see that there a few options for the 34.9 diameter needed. I was hoping to get some recommendations based on experience.
    Thanks.
    Iíll throw another recommendation in for the Bachelor post. Itís easy to install and easy to maintain. Additionally, with the air cartridge, you can adjust the rate of the return of the saddle. Might not be entirely necessary, but it isnít a bad feature.

PNW Components has a great reputation for standing by their products, and the new Loam lever is very snazzy. Iíve also heard good things about the Bike Yoke Revive. The only one Iíd really stay away from is the Reverb - unless you are already running SRAM brakes, dealing with bleeding the Reverb isnít worth the hassle to me...

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by KONK211 View Post
    I have been running the Bike Yoke Revive 160mm now for over a year. It has been 100% flawless!! I have never even had to add air to since initial setup, complete Winner!
    Another plug for bikeyoke. I have two revives. One of them I have taken on multiple 100 mile races, including other races of varying lengths. Some of the ultra-long races and rides have been absolute mud-fests. I've used stuff like the fox transfer and specialized in the same conditions and they creak to a halt after a season or so and after you rebuild them, they seem to last about half as long again and slowly die. Not the Revives. They are doing awesome. If they ever "sag", fixing the issue is super easy and quick. It's a superior design IMO and makes everything else feel like it's filled with peanut butter, in terms of modulation and how smooth it is. I rebuild both of mine a few months ago and they are ready for even more seasons of riding. One of mine is two seasons old, the other is 3 (basically when they first came out).

Everything about it super-well-thought-out. There are some companies out there that are actually trying to improve on all the little issues and deficiencies we face in mountain biking, like Guerrilla Gravity, Bikeyoke and others, not with bullshit gimmicks, but with actual good engineering and thoughtfulness.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

There's always next year.
    Another vote for PNW-- they're pretty local for me, but I'm running two different posts for them (the Bacholor 170 being one of them). I've been running that one for a while now, and just recently tore it down and regreased the sucker. Back to working like brand new. I'm really hoping a 200mm version is coming soon. They've been great to deal with and helped me out when I destroyed the first lever. The Loam upgrade has been great as well.

If not them, I'd be taking a hard look at Bike Yoke. I also ran a 9point8 post. It was a little touchy to get set up right, but when it was good (and the best clamp set up I've used), it worked well. Never dealt with them for service issues, as I sold the post to fund the Bacholor as it was cheaper with more drop.

I will not go back to Reverbs or KS. The Reverb worked, but, the consistent bleeding/sagging issues! And while this was YEARS ago, I got horrid service from KS. I had issues getting ANY support from them. To be fair, this was way back when droppers were brand new, and they were a much smaller company. But two different posts from them failed, and the lack of support has left a bad taste in my mouth. There are enough good options to keep me from coming back to them.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    Another plug for bikeyoke. I have two revives. One of them I have taken on multiple 100 mile races, including other races of varying lengths. Some of the ultra-long races and rides have been absolute mud-fests. I've used stuff like the fox transfer and specialized in the same conditions and they creak to a halt after a season or so and after you rebuild them, they seem to last about half as long again and slowly die. Not the Revives. They are doing awesome. If they ever "sag", fixing the issue is super easy and quick. It's a superior design IMO and makes everything else feel like it's filled with peanut butter, in terms of modulation and how smooth it is. I rebuild both of mine a few months ago and they are ready for even more seasons of riding. One of mine is two seasons old, the other is 3 (basically when they first came out).

Everything about it super-well-thought-out. There are some companies out there that are actually trying to improve on all the little issues and deficiencies we face in mountain biking, like Guerrilla Gravity, Bikeyoke and others, not with bullshit gimmicks, but with actual good engineering and thoughtfulness.
    Dito! been running my 160 for a year with ZERO issues. Cold, snowy, wet, hot, muddy...doesn't phase it! mine is paired with a Wolf Tooth lever. BOMB PROOF!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I am a huge fan of my Fox Transfer. It is not the cheapest, but is very smooth and reliable

jcd's best friend
    I'm an avid fan of all PNW Components products. That's all I use on my bikes. Plus they are local to me. Their droppers just work. I've had issues with my OEM Race Face Aeffect 150mm dropper getting stuck in colder temperatures and not having it fully extend despite the fact that it has the recommended air pressure in the cartridge. I had to use a ton of SRAM Butter just to make it move the last little bit. I dumped that dropper pretty quick and picked myself up a Rainier. I've always used the Rainier on all of my bikes. They just work no matter the weather or how much muck I get on it.

Their Bachelor is a new design and will perform just as good as any of the other droppers they sell! You can also get the PNW Matchmaker X or I Spec adapters if you have brakes that are compatible with it!
    Salsa Timberjack | Salsa Cutthroat

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Add me to the PNW crowd... been using a Cascade on my externally routed fat bike for about two years now - other than getting water in the cable housing and having it freeze not one issue. Just picked up a new Bachelor to replace a Reverb that's functioned ok, but I've never liked the plunger remote and bleeds are an unnecessary pain.

Up In Smoke
    Thanks for some great tips, I'm also in the market for a dropper and never even considered PNW.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by langster831 View Post
    Thanks for some great tips, I'm also in the market for a dropper and never even considered PNW.
    I noticed that they still have their 2018 models on sale for $199 - if you donít care about a minor weight savings Iíd jump on that deal.

Up In Smoke
    Quote Originally Posted by SqueakyWheel73 View Post
    I noticed that they still have their 2018 models on sale for $199 - if you donít care about a minor weight savings Iíd jump on that deal.
    Thanks for the tip. I need a 27.2 with external routing so I'm going with the pine. The new one retails for $215 and claims a 100g reduction in weight. Going on a steel frame so I'll take any weight savings I can get.

mtbr member
    May not be up to standards by most here, but for my first one, this one has worked flawlessly so far. For the price, combined with the fast delivery, I couldn't be happier. BTW, it's mounted on my 2013 Stumpjumper.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/.../rp-prod159176

Dropper post recommendation-dropper.jpgDropper post recommendation-img_20190118_172240-large-.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by JimF777 View Post
    May not be up to standards by most here, but for my first one, this one has worked flawlessly so far. For the price, combined with the fast delivery, I couldn't be happier. BTW, it's mounted on my 2013 Stumpjumper.
    Actually, from what I have read, Brand-X is a rebranded PNW Components dropper. If you contact Brand-X CS you get Aaron at PNW Components.
    Last edited by SqueakyWheel73; 02-05-2019 at 06:23 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    That post looks just like the external pnw post on my fat bike.

mtbr member
    I'm liking the new Reverb AXS. It's got a bleed valve like the BY Revive to eliminate squish and has neither internal nor external routing. Also a 600 hr service interval.
    What, me worry?

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Rager View Post
    I'm liking the new Reverb AXS. It's got a bleed valve like the BY Revive to eliminate squish and has neither internal nor external routing. Also a 600 hr service interval.
    At least they get rid of the hydraulic line...

I'm not in any hurry to go wireless though, and $800??? I'll stick with my PNW Post.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Rager View Post
    It's also a Reverb, which means it'll work for a season before you have to rebuild it. And for $800, that thing should rebuild itself.

I'll take a PNW for a fraction of the price, any day of the week.

May contain nuts
    Had five Reverbs over the years, all worked reliably. Current A2 Stealth is 3yrs old and working like new - fitted a rebuild kit after 1.5yrs and itís never missed a beat.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I can't get an $800 dropper through my mind... does not compute. Does it have a built in bidet?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Yeah working like new with a reverb means you can rattle the seat side to side and watch it sag a mm or two when you sit on it. Mine works like new too!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    It won't fit your frame, and it never gets any love but I've had really good luck with my Specialized command posts - the most important thing to me is the failure mode. Worst case with an air/mechanical dropper like the command post is you have to slide it up and down manually, because it locks mechanically. These droppers that sag on you and have to be bled etc. that's just BS. I do a lot of back country riding and everything will fail at some point, so being able to ride out is paramount. I haven't looked into the PNW but I will. NO HYDRAULICS !

Up In Smoke
    Been waiting for my PNW components order to ship for a week, got an email from Aaron the owner saying something about how the company fell apart and he was moving his inventory to a new location. Iím looking

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post
    Been waiting for my PNW components order to ship for a week, got an email from Aaron the owner saying something about how the company fell apart and he was moving his inventory to a new location. Iím looking
    Wow! As much love as they get hopefully it all works out for them, and you.

aka bOb
    I just received a Bachelor in about a week, came in an Amazon box. I sure hope they get things worked out for everyone's sake.

Up In Smoke
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    I just received a Bachelor in about a week, came in an Amazon box. I sure hope they get things worked out for everyone's sake.
    Aaron responded to my e-mail within an hour, so that was pretty impressive. I feel confident they'll pull it together, just seems like a transition period for the company. He even offered to upgrade my shipping to 2-day, which was not necessary, but appreciated. I just wanted some tracking info. I ordered the Pine, directly from PNW, so we'll see how it shows up. I still don't have any tracking info, and if I don't see my parts by Saturday, I'll be pretty upset.

aka bOb
    Yeah I ordered directly from PNW as well but it came in an Amazon box.

Up In Smoke
    Quote Originally Posted by Balistikb View Post
    Hello all,
    Thanks.
    Did you make a decision? Been a few weeks, curious to know what route you took. I got the tracking info this morning for my PNW order, supposed to arrive tomorrow, just in time for the weekend. Anxious and excited since this is going on a steel HT that is a blast to ride, and the dropper is icing on the cake.

jcd's best friend
    Did you make a decision? Been a few weeks, curious to know what route you took. I got the tracking info this morning for my PNW order, supposed to arrive tomorrow, just in time for the weekend. Anxious and excited since this is going on a steel HT that is a blast to ride, and the dropper is icing on the cake.
    Don't forget to share a photo! I'm gonna hit up Aaron for another PNW dropper soon. I have to figure out if I can use a 170mm on my Scout or just stick with 150mm.
    Salsa Timberjack | Salsa Cutthroat

Short-Change-Hero
    Another recommendation for the PNW. Currently running the Cascade on my trail bike, had a slight issue with the first one with some later play in the seat but they replaced super quickly. Customer service is top notch and super responsive.
    If I dont like the dropper that will be coming with my new bike (SDG Tellis) then I am putting another PNW with the Loam Lever on it and calling it good.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Glad to hear Aaron @ PNW Components took care of you!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Their new Loam lever is the cat's meow - smoothest lever I've ever used. I have it with the new Bachelor on my trail bike and would say I prefer it to the Wolftooth LA remote that I use with the Cascade on my fat bike. The Wolftooth LA is also a great lever.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Did someone here say they were looking for a 27.2 dropper post? Thomsen makes one, and I have them on two of my bikes, and so far, they work GREAT!.
    My LBS bros tossed in an 'upgrade' on the lever, a real nifty Wolftooth product, So I gots some bling on that bike too! Altho, I gotta say, the Thomsen "button" is very hard to confuse with anything else on the handle bar of the other bike. Win/Win.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Hey all! I'm sorry to be jumping in late to this but just got wind of it. Whichever brand you choose is great but I just wanted to make sure we're all working with accurate info:

1. We have zero affiliation with Brand-X and do not answer their customer service emails. Perhaps someone with my same name happened to answer it when you wrote them?

2. We came out with our line of droppers starting in 2015 and update them annually. Brand-X came on the scene with a similar looking one in late 2017. If you do the math on that you'll quickly understand the situation

aka bOb
    Taking my Bachelor out on it's maiden voyage tomorrow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dropper post recommendation-20190509_185016.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Hey nice dropper! Thanks for the support man, that bike is looking freshhhh!

aka bOb
    Quote Originally Posted by PNW_Components View Post
    Hey nice dropper! Thanks for the support man, that bike is looking freshhhh!
    Thanks!! I'm a little bummed going off of Evils measurements for maximum insertion I should only be able to fit a 150mm drop but in reality a 170mm would have fit.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Damn bOb you need to stain your deck ASAP!

Ohh...and nice EVIL too!

aka bOb
    Quote Originally Posted by jonshonda View Post
    Damn bOb you need to stain your deck ASAP!

Ohh...and nice EVIL too!
    As soon as the weather cooperates, right now we are getting only about 24 hrs between rain

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    As soon as the weather cooperates, right now we are getting only about 24 hrs between rain
    Good times! We have had a lot of errosion issues this year at Lowes Creek, lots of springs popping up and the creek washing trails away.

aka bOb
    Quote Originally Posted by jonshonda View Post
    Good times! We have had a lot of errosion issues this year at Lowes Creek, lots of springs popping up and the creek washing trails away.
    Yeah Sylvan Hill is flowing non stop, hopefully open for Memorial day weekend but I have my doubts. Oh and thanks!!

Up In Smoke
    Quote Originally Posted by Battery View Post
    Don't forget to share a photo! I'm gonna hit up Aaron for another PNW dropper soon. I have to figure out if I can use a 170mm on my Scout or just stick with 150mm.
    Took a while, I must have forgot.

Here's my Bandersnatch with the PNW Pine, 27.2 100mm basically at the minimum insertion. Great dropper, but I don't really feel the need for it. I might sell it cheap, or just keep it around for a while. I'll leave it on in the meantime.

Dropper post recommendation-bander.jpg

Up In Smoke
    I just got a notice from PNW that they released a few Limited Edition Loam Levers. Head on over to check out the goods if you're looking to upgrade

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I like the KS Lev Ci. I don't think it's the most reliable unit out there. They fail about every 18 months on me (I use my droppers constantly). However they are extemely light, and they have a short distance from the collar to the seat rails allowing me to run more dropper. I also love the action.

Just depends on what you value.

mtbr member
    I've got some history with droppers. I've probably had 4-5 Reverbs attached to my bikes over the years, but only paid for 2 of them. B+ for customer service, D+ for reliability. I tried a KS Lev some years back; it basically had a 10-hour service life. Fail.
    Two years ago I purchased a Bike Yoke Revive. I love the actuation, modulation, and reliability of the Revive, but broke a head off of one after about a year of trail use. They sent a new one that now lives on my fatbike and only sees winter use. I hope to get a few seasons on that before it breaks. Given the catastrophic failure, I probably won't buy another Revive until they reinforce it a bit more, which will likely require a significant redesign.
    I have now had a OneUp dropper (w/Wolftooth remote) on my trailbike for about a year. It isn't as smooth as the Revive, but it has proven reliable so far. It's also easy to service. I'm glad to hear good things about the PNW. It now resides on my future dropper poster short list.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by BurkeVT View Post
    I've got some history with droppers. I've probably had 4-5 Reverbs attached to my bikes over the years, but only paid for 2 of them. B+ for customer service, D+ for reliability. I tried a KS Lev some years back; it basically had a 10-hour service life. Fail.
    Two years ago I purchased a Bike Yoke Revive. I love the actuation, modulation, and reliability of the Revive, but broke a head off of one after about a year of trail use. They sent a new one that now lives on my fatbike and only sees winter use. I hope to get a few seasons on that before it breaks. Given the catastrophic failure, I probably won't buy another Revive until they reinforce it a bit more, which will likely require a significant redesign.
    I have now had a OneUp dropper (w/Wolftooth remote) on my trailbike for about a year. It isn't as smooth as the Revive, but it has proven reliable so far. It's also easy to service. I'm glad to hear good things about the PNW. It now resides on my future dropper poster short list.
    I've beat the crap out of two revives, since they came out, including multiple 100 mile races, many 50 mile races, and so on, not to mention the park/DH riding on one of the bikes. I'm pretty certain if there was a head problem, I would have found it by now. Sounds like a freak failure you experienced, maybe something else went on with it, but these things keep going year after year and don't do the typical "die after a season" thing. First dropper post that is done right IME.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Same thing happened with my year old Revive. Head broke off just below saddle. It's on its way to Dirt Labs for inspection/warranty replacement. Both Spot bikes (came on my Mayhem) and Dirt Labs say they've never heard of this happening.
    I have to admit my confidence in this post is a little shaken. That it's happened to someone else doesn't help.

EXORCIZE
    Quote Originally Posted by BurkeVT View Post
    I love the actuation, modulation, and reliability of the Revive, but broke a head off of one after about a year of trail use.
    Quote Originally Posted by yeti575 View Post
    Same thing happened with my year old Revive. Head broke off just below saddle.
    I have a Revive on the way despite thinking the head looked awfully dinky. I'm only 180# kitted up but will be running the saddle slammed forward. How much do you guys weigh?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dropper post recommendation-bikeyoke-revive-2-1200x800.jpg  

All fat, all the time.
    Brand x here, been working great for a couple years, zero maintenance.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    210 ready to ride. I'm pretty easy on my equipment. $hit breaks, but this post saw nothing that would be considered remotely abusive.

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    It really says something about how low expectations are that simply not crapping the bed for two years makes dropper post considered super reliable.

I got a PNW Cascade over the winter. So far so good.

After reading a thread on it, it sounds like after a few thousand miles they can develop a lot of play (twisting). But for $199 I figured I would give it a try. It is on my Fatbike that does not get a ton of use.
    15mm is a second-best solution to a problem that was already solved.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    I'll make a plug for the 9Point8 FallLine droppers. Total user serviceable, with an air cylinder, and the company sells every part/seal you may need for any repair or rebuild. The one feature that 9.8 has that really sold me is they offer a 25mm offset head that helps dial in the cockpit for long legged monkey armed riders, like me. Not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either.

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    I know I'm an outlier, but I love my Reverbs. I have three of them and have yet to have any issues. I did install and bleed them myself, which may be why so many people have problems. It's not hard, but it's easy to be intimidated by a component that a person doesn't have the tools or ability to fix himself. It'd take quite a bit for me to abandon it for something else, and I can't see myself ever going back to a cable for this task.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I know you asked for experience which I have none on this particular post but I am looking real hard at the PNW Bachelor which comes in a 34.9 now. I have done a crap ton of searching and came up with nothing negative and also received great response from PNW when I emailed them a few questions I had. Just one to look into is all. Reading these forums on droppers is a huge bag of nuts and I always come out more confused.
    Is this also a rebrand TransX? My TransX has been problem free for the last 1.5 years, in split trail/road/gravel miles (around 5k total).

The lever is kinda hard to push sometimes, there are better out there. For the price though, it's very dependable, and I have no complaints.

This conversation may be better informed of you give a Target price. I paid $135 after shipping for mine, other droppers can be $400, and I'm sure they're buttery smooth.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Elitest thrill junkie
    I love my revives, their ability to remain ultra-smooth over the season and events like 100 mile mud races is simply far better than anything I've experienced prior.

aka bOb
    Quote Originally Posted by tfinator View Post
    Is this also a rebrand TransX? My TransX has been problem free for the last 1.5 years, in split trail/road/gravel miles (around 5k total).

The lever is kinda hard to push sometimes, there are better out there. For the price though, it's very dependable, and I have no complaints.

This conversation may be better informed of you give a Target price. I paid $135 after shipping for mine, other droppers can be $400, and I'm sure they're buttery smooth.

No the Bachelor is a completely different post than the TransX and still really liking my Bachelor.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    No the Bachelor is a completely different post than the TransX and still really liking my Bachelor.
    Cool, thanks