Page 89 of 89 FirstFirst ... 39798586878889
Results 8,801 to 8,811 of 8811
    mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    I sent Nextie as BTLos an email to advice me so letís see who helps me better.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    I got a set of BTLOS m-i25a rims built with DT 350 hubs. Quality seems great so far and I have no complaints. This is my first set of carbon wheels so not much to compare with. I did about an hour demo on some SC reserves on a demo bike and no big differences stood out.

A few points:
    - Communication with them was great.
    - These wheels are actually 26.5mm internal, NOT 25mm as advertised. They did point this out to me when ordering.
    - The website lets you configure things that aren't available. ie. I picked centerlock J bend DT hubs but they only had centerlock in straight pull. Not a huge deal and they'll point out anything that isn't available.
    - Wheels took a bit longer than anticipated but no big deal.

All in all, I'm very satisfied and would use them again.

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by yagr68 View Post
    - These wheels are actually 26.5mm internal, NOT 25mm as advertised. They did point this out to me when ordering.
    This is true but only for the XC version of these rims and is described on the web page for the rim. All versions of this rim have a 32mm outer width, but while the AM version has an IW of 25mm and 3.5mm thick bead walls, the XC version has a 26.5mm IW and correspondingly thinner walls.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wayold View Post
    This is true but only for the XC version of these rims and is described on the web page for the rim. All versions of this rim have a 32mm outer width, but while the AM version has an IW of 25mm and 3.5mm thick bead walls, the XC version has a 26.5mm IW and correspondingly thinner walls.
    Yes, they can also build you the i25 AM spec wheel with their XC weight of 390g. I was looking to do this, but I want a lighter i25 wheel.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Anyone try out the new LB Recon Pro series rims? I previously had the older style AM928 and just ordered a couple of the newer AM930ís to build another wheelset.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    yooooo!, btlos is having a 15% off sale from 11-9 till 11-11, they are also adding the 54t dtswiss upgrade for the first 50 customers. I own a pair and I love them, this is a great time to buy some.
    Last edited by senorbanana; 5 Days Ago at 11:27 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    $775 shipped for 27.5 34mm width, dt upgrade. Iím so tempted....

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Why is BTLos so heavy?:/ 1600 for a 30mm id rim with sapim cx ray AMD DT 240...

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by JasperGr View Post
    Why is BTLos so heavy?:/ 1600 for a 30mm id rim with sapim cx ray AMD DT 240...

I agree. That's what held me back from buying from them. EIE/Carbonfan and Light Bicycle seem to be 30-50g per rim lighter for comparable profiles and materials.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Hi, just about buying a couple of wheelsets from SpeedSafe ... what opinion do you have about this builder? Any known issue?

I made a final search before click the buy button and I found this thread in this same forum LINK ... so I thought that this thread wouldn't be a bad place to ask.

Any alternative seller to SpeedSafe?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by fmanuelsg View Post
    Any alternative seller to SpeedSafe?Thanks!
    I am far from an expert on this topic, but I did a lot of reading in this thread before I ordered a set of wheels from BTLOS. There seem to be a fair number of reputable sellers: Light Bike and Nextie seem to be the most established, but I have also seen decent reports on BTLOS, EIE, Carbonfan and Oxive.

There are a few things that stick out in that link you shared - the weight of the wheelset was incredibly light. I don't know the specifics of the rider or how the rims were used, but I personally value durability over light weight. The other thing that seemed weird is that they are using 64% T800. Again, not an expert, but I have read that while T800 is lighter than T700, it is also more brittle. I know BTLOS only advertises 25% T800 in their premium rims. Read into this what you will.

This is my first experience ordering directly from China. I chose BTLOS because they were cheaper than Light Bike and Nextie, but appear to be a company that manufacturers the rims that they sell. Their communication has been excellent through the sales/build process, although in all honesty I wouldn't expect anything different. I can't say anything yet about their support if anything goes wrong - I am hoping I will never find out

Good luck!

Page 89 of 89 FirstFirst ... 39798586878889

Members who have read this thread: 750