Page 39 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,900 of 8852
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Last week I had my worst rim strike after more than a year of riding. It happened when riding through a stream crossing at the bottom of a ravine. The trail goes straight down and back up the ravine, resulting in a harsh g-out at the bottom. Well this time I managed to get off line and hit a football sized rock in the stream bed. With only around 22psi in the front tire, the rim struck hard after bottoming a 120mm fox float.

The impact resulted in a loud sharp sound, but a sound completely different than an aluminum rim makes. It is hard to describe. Rather than a tonal noise like produced by aluminum, it was more like hitting concrete with a stick.

I yelled in surprise and pulled over. The guy riding behind me was like what the hell was that? But the rim was fine, not even a mark on it. Is a tubeless setup so I was a bit concerned that air would leak if it had cracked. But no, the rim is actually in perfect condition and hasn't lost air in the few rides since. Of course upon returning home I washed and thorough examined the rim for damage.

This really impressed me. The impact was hard enough that normally I would have flat spotted or bent the sidewall of an aluminum rim. But this carbon rim came out unscathed and still perfectly true. I may never buy an aluminum rim again.
    Last edited by dfiler; 05-26-2013 at 09:50 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    i tried wading through this massive thread but figured it would just be easier to ask...

i'm looking for an inexpensive set of 29er wheels for xc racing.

are there any wheel builders here in the u.s. using these light-bicycle carbon rims to put together custom wheelsets? any info/links/contact info/prices would be awesome.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Chad at Red Barn Custom Mountain Bikes, Road Bikes and Hand-made wheels | Red Barn Bicycles has built several LB wheels up. You buy the rims and have them delivered to him and he builds your wheels up. Talk with him about your weight, riding needs and budget and see what he can do for you.

-Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Criswell View Post
    i tried wading through this massive thread but figured it would just be easier to ask...

are there any wheel builders here in the u.s. using these light-bicycle carbon rims to put together custom wheelsets? any info/links/contact info/prices would be awesome.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
    - Arthur C. Clarke

4 Niners
    Dec 2008
    spicercycles.com has built wheels with these rims and can order from QBP and others so he can get any parts needed for custom builds.
    Full rigid SS, Hardtail SS, Hardtail Geared, Full Suspension Geared.

MSH
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by seleniak View Post
    Chad at Red Barn Custom Mountain Bikes, Road Bikes and Hand-made wheels | Red Barn Bicycles has built several LB wheels up. You buy the rims and have them delivered to him and he builds your wheels up. Talk with him about your weight, riding needs and budget and see what he can do for you.

-Shane
    ^^^^^^ this. Chad built mine up. I had the rims dropped shipped to him and sent him an old set of DT 240 hubs. His prices are very good, his reputation is stellar, and he's a genuinely good guy. Highly recommended

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

(Cheap) Chinese Carbon Rims?

Just cracked a rear rim. Came down very hard on a rock. I have no doubts that it would have destroyed an arch. Was able to ride home but leaking air. Now I need to pull the tire and see what the damage is. Wheel is still true and round and haven't touched them in the 18 months or so I have been riding them

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by AKamp View Post
    Just cracked a rear rim. Came down very hard on a rock. I have no doubts that it would have destroyed an arch. Was able to ride home but leaking air. Now I need to pull the tire and see what the damage is. Wheel is still true and round and haven't touched them in the 18 months or so I have been riding them
    love to see the photos if you can get some up - seems like guys are mostly crushing the rim beads. the rims seem to remain true, which I guess makes sense - carbon being stronger but more brittle than alloys. was yours an LB wide 29er rim?

anyway, you said 18 months of trouble free service, and now this failure. is it safe to say you recommend the LB rims? can we assume you'll order a replacement from ms. nancy?

ballbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by Criswell View Post

Any LBS with a decent wrench on staff should be able to do this for you. Some of the more tightly wound buttheadded LBSs won't work on gear they didn't sell you (especially if you got it on the interwebs), but most other open minded folks will just take care of the customer, and gladly sell you a wheel building service.

Or... hey... maybe this is the perfect opportunity to learn to build wheels yourself!

Here ya go... go to school!

Wheelbuilding

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

I'm sure a lot of people either did it themselves or had an LBS do it. Honestly I wouldn't have sent it off somewhere because it would have just taken longer. I had a local road bike shop do mine as they were the friendliest and most competent. It was only $30 a wheel after I laced it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by powderturns View Post
    love to see the photos if you can get some up - seems like guys are mostly crushing the rim beads. the rims seem to remain true, which I guess makes sense - carbon being stronger but more brittle than alloys. was yours an LB wide 29er rim?

anyway, you said 18 months of trouble free service, and now this failure. is it safe to say you recommend the LB rims? can we assume you'll order a replacement from ms. nancy?

I would recommend them and will be ordering a replacement along with another set most likely. I will be building them with nipple washers next time though. I don't know if I could get a good pic of the crack. It splintered the rim bead but not too badly. I threw a tube in it and the crack didn't get any bigger at 40 psi so I dropped the pressure back down and did a ride with my son. Crack didn't get any bigger after 1000 feet of pretty smooth but relatively fast descending. I would imagine I could get it to seal back up and run tubeless but I am just going to watch it for a while until I can get a replacement.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    I would recommend them and will be ordering a replacement along with another set most likely. I will be building them with nipple washers next time though. I don't know if I could get a good pic of the crack. It splintered the rim bead but not too badly. I threw a tube in it and the crack didn't get any bigger at 40 psi so I dropped the pressure back down and did a ride with my son. Crack didn't get any bigger after 1000 feet of pretty smooth but relatively fast descending. I would imagine I could get it to seal back up and run tubeless but I am just going to watch it for a while until I can get a replacement.
    I rode what sounds like a worse failure on the back of my WFO for another 6 months after the incident, keep an eye on it but you should be fine until your rebuild arrives.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I have been sitting on my LB rims for too long. I was going to rebuild my current wheelset but decided to pull the plug on some new hubs. I really want high POE so I am going w/ Industry 9 Torch rear hub. I am debating on the I-9 Torch front or go w/ an American Classic to save $$ and weight. I have always had good luck w/ A/C hubs. I am building w/ sapim x-rays so either way it'll be a sweet wheelset. Any input appreciated;-)

Carbon & Ti rule
    Build them with the hubs that would be your dream build or you will always wish you had.

I really like the I9 torch hubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy13 View Post
    I have been sitting on my LB rims for too long. I was going to rebuild my current wheelset but decided to pull the plug on some new hubs. I really want high POE so I am going w/ Industry 9 Torch rear hub. I am debating on the I-9 Torch front or go w/ an American Classic to save $$ and weight. I have always had good luck w/ A/C hubs. I am building w/ sapim x-rays so either way it'll be a sweet wheelset. Any input appreciated;-)
    I have a 6 Berth & 2 Berth Motorhomes that I rent out . They are based in Tauranga, New Zealand

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy13 View Post
    If it were me I'd go with: king hubs + sapim cx-ray

Currently running LB 29" wide + King + Wheelsmith DB14. Have a second pair of rims on order. Will be lacing them to a 5 year old pair of king hubs that still work like new. Might try cx-rays this time, although I'm unsure that they'd give me any real benefit.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I'm the New Zealand distributor for I9 so I have an obvious bias, but I'm very impressed with the new I9 Torch hubs. They're considerably lighter than the older flanged hubs (273 grams on my scale for a rear with 9/10 speed driver body and 142 x 12 end caps), have less drag, are better sealed and considerably easier to service (no more tiny hex keys required to remove pawl springs). High POE and minimal weight penalty over the AC hubs.

4 Niners
    Dec 2008
    I am very happy with my AC hubs and they are light. The best part is you can usually build the wheelset with one size spokes for all locations. Since you have already decided on the rear, I think the decision on the front would boil down to how well it would match the appearance of the rear. If the match is close we already know the AC is lighter and less money.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Having re-read your post and realized that you've already decided on the I9 Torch rear hub I decided to go weigh an I9 Torch Flanged Front Hub. 153 grams on my moderately accurate scale (32 hole, 15mm end caps).

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I'd love to know what others have used for nipple washers. Given how small the holes are in the rim beds, most nipple washers won't fit. That said, I trimmed a couple oval washers just to see if I could get them to work, and they will. Question is, do I want to do this 70 more times, and how do I feel about stainless washers in there?
    On that note, are most people using brass nipples? 14mm nipples might be nice too based on how thick the rims are... anyone else find that?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

^ I am a huge fan of brass nipples on carbon mountain bike wheels.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    It does seem like there is a number of cracked rims-- but im wondering why? Inferior rim? Just more of them out there so we are hearing about them more? Are the guys on enve's that are cracking the rim-- just not coming onto the forum and talking about them(maybe the same return rate as LB?).. Im thinking these are going to be my next rims to try.. I saw a set of the phase 2 wide 29 3k finsh and man that was a nice looking rim..

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    Just from a logical standpoint, I don't like brass on carbon rims. My thinking is that the alloy nipples are softer than the carbon so the nipple SHOULD fail before the rim. Brass nipples could theoretically destroy the carbon. Just my thinking. No evidence to back it up...

mtbr member
    While being talking about nipples on carbon rims, any experience of corroded alloy nipple like on Enve wheels ?

http://forums.mtbr.com/wheels-tires/...on-835853.html
    "I got no work, no social life, just a singlespeed" Isaak, '07

mtbr member
    You can't generalize from LB to all carbon rims. ENVE and LB are on opposite sides of the engineering and production spectrums. I don't hear of many ENVE rims cracking, and they do have a 5 year warranty against manufacturing and workmanship defects. I have seen a number of failed LB rims, when they have a failure they seem to just tweak their design, make a new mold and crank out more rims.

Quote Originally Posted by SB Trails View Post
    It does seem like there is a number of cracked rims-- but im wondering why? Inferior rim? Just more of them out there so we are hearing about them more? Are the guys on enve's that are cracking the rim-- just not coming onto the forum and talking about them(maybe the same return rate as LB?).. Im thinking these are going to be my next rims to try.. I saw a set of the phase 2 wide 29 3k finsh and man that was a nice looking rim..
    Hey everybody, ride my wheels! They ride good, real good.
    I'm a wheel builder. SRLPE Wheel Works. Send me a PM.

4 Niners
    Dec 2008
    I think there are more lb rims out there than ENVE rims. I personally own 6 LB and 0 ENVE. Several people on here have posted that they own multiple sets and I am sure someone exists but I never heard of anybody that owned multiple sets of ENVE wheels.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by yourdaguy View Post
    I think there are more lb rims out there than ENVE rims. I personally own 6 LB and 0 ENVE. Several people on here have posted that they own multiple sets and I am sure someone exists but I never heard of anybody that owned multiple sets of ENVE wheels.
    Did you built up your LB wheels?

4 Niners
    Dec 2008
    Yes.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Quote Originally Posted by SB Trails View Post
    Unless you are breaking rims constantly (which no one seems to be doing) does it really matter? Enve are $800 + $400 for crash replacement. LB is still $130? That means you can buy 9 lb rims for the cost of one enve and its crash replacement. That's a lot of rims.

No one on here seems to think the lb rims are weaker than aluminum. Typically people who have cracked an LB rim think it would have been a really bad or destroyed aluminum rim too. So how many aluminum rims are you going through?

mtbr member
    FWIW, I built up a set of cheap chinese carbon rims for a customer. First pair I've built. The rims were not round. It wasn't a spoke tension issue. I've built at least a hundred pairs of wheels. There was a hop that could not be worked out with spoke tension. I know it's an example of one, but it doesn't instill confidence in me.
    Disclaimer: I fix bikes for a living.

4 Niners
    Dec 2008
    Mine were very straight and very round and built up easy.

Also, I thought the price was $165 now.

transmitter~receiver

Quote Originally Posted by dwnhlldav View Post
    FWIW, I built up a set of cheap chinese carbon rims for a customer. First pair I've built. The rims were not round. It wasn't a spoke tension issue. I've built at least a hundred pairs of wheels. There was a hop that could not be worked out with spoke tension. I know it's an example of one, but it doesn't instill confidence in me.
    A hop in a rim that already has tension is no indication that the rim was not round to start, if that's what you're basing that statement on. What is more likely is that tension was added too quickly, squeezing a bulge into the rim. I've seen guys that have been building wheels for 25 years do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

4 Niners
    Dec 2008
    I am inclined to agree with meltingfeather on this one. Since they come out of a mold having a high spot seems not too likely.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Do you know who the manufacturer of those specific rims was? Is it light bicycle or someone else? Just trying to add context.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Quote Originally Posted by powderturns View Post
    I'd love to know what others have used for nipple washers. Given how small the holes are in the rim beds, most nipple washers won't fit. That said, I trimmed a couple oval washers just to see if I could get them to work, and they will. Question is, do I want to do this 70 more times, and how do I feel about stainless washers in there?
    On that note, are most people using brass nipples? 14mm nipples might be nice too based on how thick the rims are... anyone else find that?
    I think the velofuse washers will fit. They are pretty small but I could be wrong. If they do I will definitely use them. Using 14mm nips is a good call, especially with an extra mm of washer

trail shredder
    Dec 2011
    this is a bit off topic, but I was on a different thread, and I found a reference to a superlight hub maker called mack hubs. Front is 83g and the rear is 199g. I think you can only get them in Europe though. You could make a seriously light wheelset with them and the LB rims.
    my carbon footprint has cleats

transmitter~receiver

There is also no such thing as a hop that can not be worked out with spoke tension. Roundness is something you deal with BEFORE the spokes have any appreciable tension. Even if a rim is wonky, if you deal with it early it will have virtually no effect on tension, because it requires so little force to deform a rim before it is supported by the spokes.
    After a wheel has been tensioned dealing with hops is a guessing game due to the interactive dynamics of what has become one structure.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Quote Originally Posted by xc biker View Post
    this is a bit off topic, but I was on a different thread, and I found a reference to a superlight hub maker called mack hubs. Front is 83g and the rear is 199g. I think you can only get them in Europe though. You could make a seriously light wheelset with them and the LB rims.
    Kind of hard to beat extralite. Extralite hyper front is 78g and is extremely good. Hyperrear is 164g but requires more maintenance because of their ratchet design. I think there are a lot more people running extralite. Kind of hard to try something heavier and unknown when the lighter thing is already great.

transmitter~receiver

Quote Originally Posted by litany View Post
    Kind of hard to beat extralite. Extralite hyper front is 78g and is extremely good. Hyperrear is 164g but requires more maintenance because of their ratchet design. I think there are a lot more people running extralite. Kind of hard to try something heavier and unknown when the lighter thing is already great.
    The durability of extralite stuff is on the low end, especially if you deal with any adverse conditions (e.g. wet, sand, etc.).

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    The durability of extralite stuff is on the low end, especially if you deal with any adverse conditions (e.g. wet, sand, etc.).
    For the rear hub I'm sure. The front my friend and I am super happy with but I live in the desert so wet isn't really a thing here. I got a DT240 instead of the hyperrear because I didn't want to have to replace that ratchet for $100 every couple of seasons.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

There is also no such thing as a hop that can not be worked out with spoke tension. Roundness is something you deal with BEFORE the spokes have any appreciable tension. Even if a rim is wonky, if you deal with it early it will have virtually no effect on tension, because it requires so little force to deform a rim before it is supported by the spokes.
    After a wheel has been tensioned dealing with hops is a guessing game due to the interactive dynamics of what has become one structure.
    He isn't saying if it a high spot or a low spot. If it is a flat spot in the rim then it is most likely a manufacturing defect which I would doubt. A high spot should easily be brought into round unless again, a manufacturing defect. Now I have only built up one set of these rims but they were probably the nicest and easiest set of hoops to round and true I have ever done out of 200-300 wheels over the past 25 years

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

(Cheap) Chinese Carbon Rims?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1370033106.746294.jpg. Pick of the crack in the sidewall right in front of the valve

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    waydownsouth - PM sent.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 4slomo View Post
    You can't generalize from LB to all carbon rims. ENVE and LB are on opposite sides of the engineering and production spectrums. I don't hear of many ENVE rims cracking, and they do have a 5 year warranty against manufacturing and workmanship defects. I have seen a number of failed LB rims, when they have a failure they seem to just tweak their design, make a new mold and crank out more rims.
    Why do you say ENVE and LB are on opposite ends of the engineering and production spectrum. Is it soley because they are being produced by chinese company. I've spent a fair amount of time at factories and companies in China, the idea that the skills and products produced there are inherently inferior is rather naive. That is true for more than just bike parts. Sure there are different motivations and the companies operate with different models. ENVE sells a brand. LB sells products.

For what it's worth, I haven't been to either the ENVE factory or to LB factory.

I have seen and heard of several more failed ENVE rims. Those rims are not indestructible, and the crash replacement cost is pretty steep compared to LB brand new rim.

mtbr member
    I base my comments on my first hand experiences in dealing with LB regarding out of spec rims I've received on behalf of customers, for wheel builds. In response to my inquiries, they have told me that they are changing their molds to correct design and manufacturing problems that they didn't identify despite their quality control program. Only a portion of the rims shipped to me have been unusable, others have been better. In general, the rims I have built have not been as stable at tension as have comparable ENVE rims I have also built. I have also inspected other LB rim failures. I have no doubt that with sufficient repeated iterations, they will eventually improve their quality, there are several ways to develop and refine a product.

Quote Originally Posted by the.vault View Post
    Why do you say ENVE and LB are on opposite ends of the engineering and production spectrum. Is it soley because they are being produced by chinese company. I've spent a fair amount of time at factories and companies in China, the idea that the skills and products produced there are inherently inferior is rather naive. That is true for more than just bike parts. Sure there are different motivations and the companies operate with different models. ENVE sells a brand. LB sells products.

For what it's worth, I haven't been to either the ENVE factory or to LB factory.

I have seen and heard of several more failed ENVE rims. Those rims are not indestructible, and the crash replacement cost is pretty steep compared to LB brand new rim.
    Hey everybody, ride my wheels! They ride good, real good.
    I'm a wheel builder. SRLPE Wheel Works. Send me a PM.

mtbr member
    So my rims shipped.. whats the consensus, brass or alloy nipples? Nipple washers?

I'm putting them on a set of Hope Evos.. If someone on here knows the spoke length too that would be awesome!!

mtbr member
    Brass nips so as not to worry about corrosion. No washers needed..... Experiment as you like. Should be around 292 spokes, but you need to run the spoke calc..

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

ENVE sells a brand. LB sells products.
    ENVE sells a product that satisfies a sense of accomplishment. Aspirational feelings. Like a MacBook Pro or a 2006 Brunello, ENVEs make you feel good about yourself because you have arrived. I ride my bike because my Porsche is in the shop and mistress is playing tennis. Elitist carbon? Kiss my ass an oh yeah, I put 15,000kms on my 12 bikes this year.

LB sells a product that satisfies a sense of DIY. Like a hacked PS3 or a 750ml of home brew, LBs make you feel non conforming and free. I ride my bike because I can and I ride it fast because I want to. No name carbon? Kiss my ass and oh yeah, on your left, *****.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scottay View Post
    Brass nips so as not to worry about corrosion. No washers needed..... Experiment as you like. Should be around 292 spokes, but you need to run the spoke calc..
    Thanks!

Ninja Master Powers
    Quote Originally Posted by Adroit Rider View Post
    ENVE sells a product that satisfies a sense of accomplishment. Aspirational feelings. Like a MacBook Pro or a 2006 Brunello, ENVEs make you feel good about yourself because you have arrived. I ride my bike because my Porsche is in the shop and mistress is playing tennis. Elitist carbon? Kiss my ass an oh yeah, I put 15,000kms on my 12 bikes this year.

LB sells a product that satisfies a sense of DIY. Like a hacked PS3 or a 750ml of home brew, LBs make you feel non conforming and free. I ride my bike because I can and I ride it fast because I want to. No name carbon? Kiss my ass and oh yeah, on your left, *****.

Really? I bought my Enve's simply because I couldn't find a better product.

I wanted THE best carbon rims available and that is Enve. Of LB or anyone else can make a rim better than Enve I'd buy it regardless of cost.

Formerly of Kent
    Quote Originally Posted by DWill View Post

I wanted THE best carbon rims available and that is Enve. Of LB or anyone else can make a rim better than Enve I'd buy it regardless of cost.
    Yep. Same here. I have ENVE clinchers and just picked up a pair of DT Swiss 950Ts for racing.
    Death from Below.

Fat & Single
    Quote Originally Posted by YamaDan View Post
    So my rims shipped.. whats the consensus, brass or alloy nipples? Nipple washers?

I'm putting them on a set of Hope Evos.. If someone on here knows the spoke length too that would be awesome!!
    Here you go, ive just built these as theres no way I would own 2 sets of ENVE wheels.... yeah the ENVE's are awesome but I cant justify having 2 sets.

Light-bicycle XC rims, 292mm revos (all around) with brass nipples on hope evos.

You could easily go 291mm or even 290mm all around. I have about 3-4mm poking through on the DS and 1-2mm poking through on the other. 291mm would be ideal. I got 112-118kgf tension on them.

Brass nipples all the way !!!! If you read the ENVE corrosion thread I started you will know why.

Evil Following
    Trek 9.9 Superfly SL
    IndyFab Deluxe 29
    FM190 Fatty
    Pivot Vault CX
    Cervelo R3 Disc

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Quote Originally Posted by DWill View Post

No argument here. Just having a little fun with the customer profile for the two products.

4 Niners
    Dec 2008
    As ozzybmx said, with LB rims whatever spokecalc comes up with you could go almost 2 mm shorter. So I am thinking the real ERD of these wheels is around 600 at least by the time they are built up and the nipples seat real good.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    some people are buying these rims. I just ordered, they are now 200/piece shipped.

from brian <<I just have checked there are around 110pcs wider 29er rims in front of yours.
    We need about 10 business days to finish your rims. I will let you know when your rims are shipped. Have a nice day!
    >>

You would think they would keep some inventory. If they dont have inventory it is possibly because they are at max capacity.

g3h6o3
    Quote Originally Posted by goodmojo View Post
    You would think they would keep some inventory. If they dont have inventory it is possibly because they are at max capacity.
    Inventory space is costly. Producing just-in-time or on demand is a good way to cut costs for small companies who can.
    Check out my SportTracks plugins for some training aid software.

4 Niners
    Dec 2008
    Carrying inventory is costly too and with so many combinations of finish, drilling, etc. it would add up really fast. Just the materials cost not to mention the labor that would be stored on shelves.

Ninja Master Powers
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post
    Yep. Same here. I have ENVE clinchers and just picked up a pair of DT Swiss 950Ts for racing.
    Yeah, I'm taking the DT 240's that came on my Enve's and replacing them with Chris Kings. The wheels are going to the builder today in fact.

I really like the DT's; great hubs. But I don't like the 18 tooth ratchet so much.
    I replaced it with the 36 and have had two of then "strip". I didn't really care at 30.00 but at a the new 100.00 price I care.

Three of those and I've paid for a CK rear hub.

I've ordered a new V10 with Enve DH wheels can't wait to get it on the mountain.

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Why do you say ENVE and LB are on opposite ends of the engineering and production spectrum.
    Well... Enve are the only ones that I know of that have made the effort to mold the spoke holes into the rim, rather than drilling through the fibers and reducing the rim's structural integrity. I'm also willing to guess that they have spent a lot more time figure out optimum layups and profiles for different applications (road vs. MTB). I do think the LB rims are "good enough" and my next set of wheels will be with their rims.

Quote Originally Posted by Adroit Rider
    Funny. I almost feel ashamed when I tell people how expensive my wheels are. The fact of the matter is that I have a wheel problem. I've been trying to find the best combination of weight, durability and stiffness in 29er wheels for years. Fortunately, I was able to save my pennies and invest in a set of Edge Composites AM wheels a couple of years ago, and have been extremely satisfied with them. So much so that when I sold one of my bikes, I ordered a set of their XC wheels for my other bike. They've been problem free and I have zero regrets. I guess you could think of them as an aspirational purchase, but for me it isn't about them being a status symbol. It's about having wheels that, right now, I cannot foresee replacing.

Fat & Single
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrep View Post
    Perhaps it is worth reiterating that wheel weight is about rotating weight
    Not sure why some opt for the 21mm version to save a few grams.
    A self answered question^^^

My ENVE XC wheels are 18mm internal and ive run 2.4 racing ralphs at 20psi for 2 years now with no issues. So it makes sense that the 21mm internal rims are going to do exactly the job I need them for.
    Evil Following
    Trek 9.9 Superfly SL
    IndyFab Deluxe 29
    FM190 Fatty
    Pivot Vault CX
    Cervelo R3 Disc

transmitter~receiver

Why do you say ENVE and LB are on opposite ends of the engineering and production spectrum. Is it soley because they are being produced by chinese company.
    phail

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Re: (Cheap) Chinese Carbon Rims?

After 2 months of daily ride time, I am very pleased with my LB wheels built at the factory with the Novatec hubs. They have been running tubeless with only Stans yellow tape down to 20 psi without any burping. Very true. Additionally, the Novatec rear hub has been quite impressive.

From someone who has owned many I9 wheelsets since their inception, I would certainly order another set of LB wheels with the stock Novatec hubs.

Perhaps it is worth reiterating that wheel weight is about rotating weight, and that for all practical purposes, hub weight is not rotating weight. Yes, there are lighter rear hubs available, but the cost/return on a pricey set of hubs may not be all that some prospective custom wheel consumers envision.

The stock wheels get a big thumbs up. The 23mm inner rim width is priceless. Not sure why some opt for the 21mm version to save a few grams.
    I have been confused on whether to go with the wider or not.

Did u weigh the wheels? How much do they weigh? And what spoke count?

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2
    '12 Scott Spark 29 Team
    '13 Scott Scale 970
    '11 Scott Speedster S20
    '17 Scott Speedster CX20
    12 Scott Foil Team

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by zephxiii View Post
    I have been confused on whether to go with the wider or not.
    Don't be confused. Wider is better! Stop thinking and click "buy" on the AM version

Keep on Rockin...
    Wider rims are better, no question.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Since the thread isn't full of failed LB rims then based on failure rates your probabaly correct. LB reverse engineered and produced a rim that is capable enough. There is however a large potential for LB and ENVE to be on the opposite sides of the engineering and production spectrum.

Use of advanced polymers , design and production like autoclaving or even elevated cure can make a big difference . I suggest for the price LB is neither using advanced polymer prepregs[ usually aerospace certified and extremely expensive] or autoclaves.They're rim section looks like it was originally designed for mfg in alloy.They will probably be prepregging there own reinforcement and vacuum moulding at low temperatures.
    Usually this lower tech can be overcome by adding extra plies and weight. Which is probably what the chinese firms do making both rims and frames.

As you say the execution of the lower tech is as good as anywhere in the world.

Rims, including LB, are overpriced considering you can get a chinese frame shipped free for a similar price to a pair of LB rims. Materials, labour and mould costs are much higher for the mfg of a frame.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by gvs_nz View Post
    Since the thread isn't full of failed LB rims then based on failure rates your probabaly correct. LB reverse engineered and produced a rim that is capable enough. There is however a large potential for LB and ENVE to be on the opposite sides of the engineering and production spectrum.

Use of advanced polymers , design and production like autoclaving or even elevated cure can make a big difference . I suggest for the price LB is neither using advanced polymer prepregs[ usually aerospace certified and extremely expensive] or autoclaves.They're rim section looks like it was originally designed for mfg in alloy.They will probably be prepregging there own reinforcement and vacuum moulding at low temperatures.
    Usually this lower tech can be overcome by adding extra plies and weight. Which is probably what the chinese firms do making both rims and frames.

As you say the execution of the lower tech is as good as anywhere in the world.

Rims, including LB, are overpriced considering you can get a chinese frame shipped free for a similar price to a pair of LB rims. Materials, labour and mould costs are much higher for the mfg of a frame.
    LB prices are going up almost certainly because of this thread. What is the value of trust? Once their prices get too high, a competitor can come in that no one knows, but who will be cheap enough to take a risk on.

Ride with me in NZ
    Nov 2005
    As ozzybmx said, with LB rims whatever spokecalc comes up with you could go almost 2 mm shorter. So I am thinking the real ERD of these wheels is around 600 at least by the time they are built up and the nipples seat real good.
    I just had my LBS build up my set of LB wide rims. They measured the ERD at 600mm.
    For what it's worth my spoke lengths were all 290mm. This was DT revolutions, DT 12mm aluminium nipples, Chris King 15mm ISO front hub and Chris King ISO single speed rear. Both were 32 hole, 3 cross.
    They calculated out at less than a mm difference for all spokes. The spoke ends mostly came to the screwdriver slot in the end of the nipples. ie, 1 to 2mm from the end of the nipple.
    I used to be fast....sort of..........kinda

Fat & Single

I do own the now discontinued 2.4 Racing Ralphs, and use them in the snow. That you use such a tire as a daily driver likely results from the Enve xc being too narrow. At 18mm, you are giving up internal volume among other benefits as well.
    So ENVE have go it wrong with their 18mm internal width XC rims ?

And the reason I use 2.4 RR's is because I don't own suspension, all my bikes are fully rigid..... including my fatbikes with 65mm internal rim width.
    Evil Following
    Trek 9.9 Superfly SL
    IndyFab Deluxe 29
    FM190 Fatty
    Pivot Vault CX
    Cervelo R3 Disc

Fat & Single

With the very slight weight concession you give for the 23mm rims, I don't think there are any durable arguments for opting for 21mm ones when considering all the benefits involved with increased internal rim width.
    Another super-fact from your vast experience.

My 21mm rims are on my monstercross bike and will be sporting 1.5-1.9" tyres so why would I need a rim that's a massive 2mm wider ?
    Evil Following
    Trek 9.9 Superfly SL
    IndyFab Deluxe 29
    FM190 Fatty
    Pivot Vault CX
    Cervelo R3 Disc

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

If you are running narrowe tires its ok to run narrow rims. If you are running wider tires you may like wider rims better but narrow rims will still work.

Call enve and ask. They will tell you am rims are meant for wider tires and aren't stronger than the XC rims. They are basically the same just wider. That's what they told me.

Fat & Single
    I don't need to ask ENVE anything.

Though your comparison is not even close.

ENVE XC are 18mm, ENVE AM are 24mm.... not 2mm difference at 21mm to 23mm !

You would think it was road rims v downhill rims the way some are getting on here.
    Evil Following
    Trek 9.9 Superfly SL
    IndyFab Deluxe 29
    FM190 Fatty
    Pivot Vault CX
    Cervelo R3 Disc

mtbr member

The wheelset came in at 1620grams. However, they were built with the 811/812 hubs as I needed a 15mm front through axle and LB did not offer a 700 series hub for the rear wheel and an 800 series hub for the front. I did let Ms. Nancy know that there was a demand for this option though.

The spoke count was 32, and aero spokes with the stock build are quite light.

It is worth noting that these wheels proved to be substantially more stiff than my crest wheels.

With the very slight weight concession you give for the 23mm rims, I don't think there are any durable arguments for opting for 21mm ones when considering all the benefits involved with increased internal rim width.
    I just got the exact same build and mine weighed in at 1570g
    cheers
    Pagey

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I wish they would work with my I9 hubs.

4 Niners
    Dec 2008
    ENVE 24 mm rims $850 each. LB 23 mm rims ~$200 each with freight. The ENVE rims weigh 440 grams. LB weight varies from 370 to 420 but gernerally around 395. Both are very strong and durable so both are "good enough" in that regard.

You can talk all you want about manufacturing processes, engineering, materials specifications, etc. etc. The fact is that LB is getting the job done in regards to all these attributes. Are the ENVE wheels better? Probably, but in the real world, the difference makes no difference because the LB wheels are fully functional and lighter and cheaper too.

Every product is a series of decisions. The ENVE wheels have molded spoke holes. That is an expensive decision. It makes ENVE have to have molds for every possible drilling and makes the molding process much more time consuming and costly. I would not be surprised that it alone, doubled the manufacturing cost of ENVE wheels. It makes the spoke holes stronger since the fibers run around the holes and are not drilled out weakening them. However, if you never have a spoke pull through problem on LB wheels, it is a needless expense. Since the LB wheels are rated at very high spoke tension (higher than most aluminum nipples would tolerate), then molded spoke holes is solving a problem that it is not really necessary to solve. The ENVE wheels would probably have better spoke pull through strength, but it is not necessary. Another decision seems to be to make the ENVE rims heavier. I think if you analyze the rims, you would find that the ENVE rims have a much stouter bead seat and would be much more resistant to cracking from rock hits. This has seemed to be the main failure mode for LB wheels. Since I don't go slamming rocks on downhills, this is not a concern to me. However, the guys that want to do that sort of riding, would probably not be a good market for the LB wheels. Those same guys would not be a candidate for Crest rims either and might be better served by Flows. I am an XC rider but I ride fast and have tacoed a Crest and blown a tire completely off a Crest even though I only weigh 170 and am old so I don't ride Crests anymore. I have never had an issue with my Flows or my LB rims.

For the type of riding that I do, I would always choose the LB wheels for the light weight and low cost and (so far) bullet-proofness, but for others, the ENVE would be a better fit. I am thinking that probably 80% of the people on here would be better served by the LB wheels and the other 20% really need the extra stoutness of the ENVE wheels.

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009
    Comparing ENVE to LB is like comparing Motobecane Ti against Jeff Jones Ti. The Moto Ti is good enough but JJ Ti IS better and lots are willing to pay for it, just like ENVE vs LB rims. IF I could justify it, I'd be all over a set of ENVE AM rims but I'm not worthy. I'm happily riding my LB rims into the sunset knowing that I'm weak sauce

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Can2fieldSD View Post
    I wish they would work with my I9 hubs.
    More than one person on this thread has them built with I9 hubs.
    OG Ripley v2

ballbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by DFYFZX View Post
    Comparing ENVE to LB is like comparing Motobecane Ti against Jeff Jones Ti. The Moto Ti is good enough but JJ Ti IS better and lots are willing to pay for it, just like ENVE vs LB rims. IF I could justify it, I'd be all over a set of ENVE AM rims but I'm not worthy. I'm happily riding my LB rims into the sunset knowing that I'm weak sauce
    Heh... funny thing is, The Motobecane is lighter than the Jeff Jones Spaceframe.

Naturally, weight is not the only measure of how good a bike is, I know.

mtbr member
    My nancy wheels arrived. Very happy. Build quality spot on. Wide 29er mtb rims laced to novatec 881 hubs and pillar aero spokes. Front weigh in at 785g and rear 1010g. Front 15mm rear 142 x 12 mm going onto my 2012 sj fsr
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails (Cheap) Chinese Carbon Rims?-20130603_210458.jpg  

(Cheap) Chinese Carbon Rims?-20130603_210520.jpg  

transmitter~receiver

Quote Originally Posted by pimpbot View Post
    Heh... funny thing is, The Motobecane is lighter than the Jeff Jones Spaceframe.
    and Nancy wides are lighter than ENVE AM... Novatec lighter than King... why funny?
    Last edited by meltingfeather; 06-04-2013 at 06:03 AM.

AZ
    banned
    This thread is doomed now.

mtbr member
    ENVE 24 mm rims $850 each. LB 23 mm rims ~$200 each with freight. The ENVE rims weigh 440 grams. LB weight varies from 370 to 420 but gernerally around 395. Both are very strong and durable so both are "good enough" in that regard.

You can talk all you want about manufacturing processes, engineering, materials specifications, etc. etc. The fact is that LB is getting the job done in regards to all these attributes. Are the ENVE wheels better? Probably, but in the real world, the difference makes no difference because the LB wheels are fully functional and lighter and cheaper too.

Every product is a series of decisions. The ENVE wheels have molded spoke holes. That is an expensive decision. It makes ENVE have to have molds for every possible drilling and makes the molding process much more time consuming and costly. I would not be surprised that it alone, doubled the manufacturing cost of ENVE wheels. It makes the spoke holes stronger since the fibers run around the holes and are not drilled out weakening them. However, if you never have a spoke pull through problem on LB wheels, it is a needless expense. Since the LB wheels are rated at very high spoke tension (higher than most aluminum nipples would tolerate), then molded spoke holes is solving a problem that it is not really necessary to solve. The ENVE wheels would probably have better spoke pull through strength, but it is not necessary. Another decision seems to be to make the ENVE rims heavier. I think if you analyze the rims, you would find that the ENVE rims have a much stouter bead seat and would be much more resistant to cracking from rock hits. This has seemed to be the main failure mode for LB wheels. Since I don't go slamming rocks on downhills, this is not a concern to me. However, the guys that want to do that sort of riding, would probably not be a good market for the LB wheels. Those same guys would not be a candidate for Crest rims either and might be better served by Flows. I am an XC rider but I ride fast and have tacoed a Crest and blown a tire completely off a Crest even though I only weigh 170 and am old so I don't ride Crests anymore. I have never had an issue with my Flows or my LB rims.

For the type of riding that I do, I would always choose the LB wheels for the light weight and low cost and (so far) bullet-proofness, but for others, the ENVE would be a better fit. I am thinking that probably 80% of the people on here would be better served by the LB wheels and the other 20% really need the extra stoutness of the ENVE wheels.
    Excellent post

ballbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by Miker J View Post
    Wider rims are better, no question.
    Second that... apart from the only downside I can think of, and that is weight. These Carbon AM rims are stupid light to begin with at under 400g, so IMO... well worth the trade off for saving 20 grams with the narrower XC Carbon rim. A regular lightweight XC aluminum rim usually hovers around 470 grams.

mtbr member
    fixed the wheels up onto my sj 29er. Was using hope hoops evo with crest sp. Nancy fronts are 10g lighter than the hope and nancy rears are 90g heavier than hopes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails (Cheap) Chinese Carbon Rims?-20130605_095221.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Here's a quick review after ~1000km in the last few months.

Build: LB wide rims laced cross-3 to to I-9 Torch hubs with Sapim CX-Rays. 32 spoke. Both rims are 'old process', 3K weave matte finish, and came in at 385g +/- a few grams. The rims' non-angled spoke holes are annoying (come on LB, you can and should fix this!). After experimenting with a few nips, I found the rounded profile of Sapim poly-ax nips were best at dealing with the non-angled holes.

Me and bike: Wheels are on my 100mm bike. I am 175lb, 6'2, reasonably successful XC and endurance racer for an old dude, and also ride a lot of stuff that is labelled 'all mountain' with, uh, vigor (e.g BC NS, Sedona H's, Enchilada, etc). I am not a hucker though, nor do I consider myself particularly hard on wheels or bike parts in general.

Where ridden: Since building the wheels, I've ridden Pisgah (Pilot, Black Mtn, Squirrel yadda yadda numerous times), plus all 7 stages of TSEpic stage race (podium) in central PA including the DH runs which were used for enduros. TSEpic has a lot of rocks. Really.

Tire compatibility: Notubes yellow tape and sealant has been successful for me. I've run Schwalbe Snakeskin Ralphs and Rons (both 2.25") , and 2.2" Ikon EXOs. Tires mount with hand pressure, but do _not_ seal as easily as on my Notubes rims. A good compressor is needed. But once mounted, they have been fine. Front/rear pressures of 21/23 to 28/30ish, depending on course and whims.

Verdict: The rims built up very nicely. Straight and even tension. They are still dead true after the riding described above. The rims are very scuffed now, but still working fine. There have been a few hard rock strikes to the rim but the rims are holding up OK. I'm pretty sure I'd have dented my aluminum rims. Compared to my aluminum rims of similar weight, the LB wheels are noticably stiffer. I like that. A lot.

Thumbs up so far.
    Last edited by TwoWheelMan; 06-07-2013 at 05:47 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzybmx View Post
    Here you go, ive just built these as theres no way I would own 2 sets of ENVE wheels.... yeah the ENVE's are awesome but I cant justify having 2 sets.

Light-bicycle XC rims, 292mm revos (all around) with brass nipples on hope evos.

You could easily go 291mm or even 290mm all around. I have about 3-4mm poking through on the DS and 1-2mm poking through on the other. 291mm would be ideal. I got 112-118kgf tension on them.

Brass nipples all the way !!!! If you read the ENVE corrosion thread I started you will know why.

I did read it, and that's exactly how I'll build mine. With all the custom colored spoke wheel build, there's something so classy about simple stainless spokes and brass nipples. I like it!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Great post, totally agree

transmitter~receiver

Quote Originally Posted by Ragz22 View Post
    Great post, totally agree
    He should probably disclose his personal vested interest.
    Would you see it the same if it were coming from a salesman?

ballbuster
    Why, does Yourdaguy (is that supposed to be you'redaguy?) sell LB rims?

I do pretty much agree with him, too. The Enves are nicer, but are they 5 times nicer? I have to work for a living, and if I held out for Enve rims, I would never own a set. But, I could (and do) afford LB AM rims...and I'm close to getting another set. I've run mine for a year, and I haven't even touched the nipples (huh... huhuhuh). They're still as dead-on-ballz straight as they were the day I built and tensioned them. Heck, even alu rims I usually have to make some minor tweaks on after the first couple of rides.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I brought the 26" rims and think they are great, especially for the price. I did consider buying enve rims and it was only the price which put me off.

4 Niners
    Dec 2008
    I don't have any interest in the bike industry, I think meltingfeather was referring to Ragz22 who liked my post and seems to live in China. The other 2 that agreed with my post didn't have any interest in the bike industry and I think meltinffeather was just pointing out that this particular poster might have liked it for other reasons too.

When I originally read meltingfeather.'s post I thought he was referring to me and I was starting to write a response then I figured out he was referring to Ragz22.

mtbr member
    I picked up my 29" wheels from the shop today and gave them a thorough beating in my local boneyard at race pace. I noticed a huge difference from my Crests before I left the parking lot. They accelerate faster and they are just point n shoot. Railing corners was much more precise.

I built the wide rims (3k matte)with CX Rays on American Classic's with black DT brass nipples, Stan's tape and valves. Front came in at 700g (40g less that my Crests with Force spokes, alu nips and AC hubs). The rear was identical to the crest at 840g. Very pleased with the look too. No pictures, they're already muddy.

I moved the tires off the Crests, both went on with hand pressure. Front is a RaRa 2.4, rear an Ikon 2.2 Both tires sealed with compressor and no Stan's, then removed the valve cores and added a cup into each.
    SantaCruz Tallboy C
    SantaCruz Solo C
    Specialized Fatboy
    Trek Madone 8
    Kestrel RT 700
    Lemond Zurich

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    So after many months of reading the reviews on MTBR, I went for a pair of the Light Bicycle carbon rims from China at £135 each delivered. They were shipped a week after I ordered them and arrived 9 working days after shipping. All good from start to finish. Excellent email communications.

They arrived yesterday, 3k weave, 32h, 372g and 380g. Absolutely perfect finish inside and out. They were very easy to build up. They went up tubeless just as easy as a Stans rim - I used a couple of layers of insulation tape and the usual valve.

First ride tonight and wow - they are stiff. I wasn't sure they were worth the money riding them to work on the road this morning, but round fast berms and corners where you are really leaning into the bend they just don't flex like a Stans rim. Stans feel really whippy by comparison. I ran my usual pressure and had no tyre roll or squirm at all. A really noticeable difference. I guess this could be due to the wider rim profile compared to the Stans rim, though.

Now let's just see how long they last....

Some pics of the build, of the bike with the new rims, King hubs, new XTR discs and some nice wider bars too as my old ones were damaged. Ison also had some custom Sala/MTFU ODI lock-on grip lockrings made... Just about the most awesome thing I've ever seen.

GB

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Hi all,

I'm interested in getting some Chinese carbon rims and I noticed most people here got theirs from Light Bicycles. I'm wondering if anyone have experience with YoeLeo rims, like this one:
    29er Tubeless Rims - 29er Tubeless Carbon Rims MTB Clincher Rims 25mm

I read somewhere else that Yoeleo's quality is better than Light Bicycle... Don't know if that's true or not.

4 Niners
    Dec 2008
    Well if you can't tell us where you read it, we probably don't believe it. They are the same price and from the looks are the same rims. If you want to be a pioneer, buy some and let us know. Otherwise, from personal experience, I doubt they are better, maybe just as good.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I read it from another bike forum. It was from a guy who claims he's used both rims from Yoeleo and Light Bicycle and found Yoeleo's quality to be better. But that might be just his personal opinion.

The thing that interests me about these YoeLeo's rims in particular is that it claims to be tubeless and 24mm width and 25mm depth vs. LB's 23mm x 20mm. Don't know what's the difference between this tubeless one vs. the tubeless compatible ones. The spoke holes don't appear to be sealed from the pictures. Maybe it's easier to mount tubeless tires?

4 Niners
    Dec 2008
    Well there are only so many bike sites, which ones do you visit?
    Their bead seat profile looks the same from the diagram they supply.
    Since you only have the 2 posts both in this thread, how are we supposed to believe that you are not a shill for Yoeleo?
    I am all in favor of competition and everything, but I see no advantage to the relatively unknown brand other than you claim you read of its superiority somewhere on some bike site you don't name.
    Google doesn't seem to work help since amazingly, everywhere on the web that Yoeleo talks about itself it refers to its "super light bicycle" stuff. Although I guess I could -super; but I will let you do that to find your original article.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Re: (Cheap) Chinese Carbon Rims?

Heh it would be nice to have a LB only thread as it gets confusing when we start talking about other sources...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    '12 Scott Spark 29 Team
    '13 Scott Scale 970
    '11 Scott Speedster S20
    '17 Scott Speedster CX20
    12 Scott Foil Team

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RisingStar View Post
    I read it from another bike forum. It was from a guy who claims he's used both rims from Yoeleo and Light Bicycle and found Yoeleo's quality to be better. But that might be just his personal opinion.

The thing that interests me about these YoeLeo's rims in particular is that it claims to be tubeless and 24mm width and 25mm depth vs. LB's 23mm x 20mm. Don't know what's the difference between this tubeless one vs. the tubeless compatible ones. The spoke holes don't appear to be sealed from the pictures. Maybe it's easier to mount tubeless tires?

Link to rims? Link to other discussion on other board?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    This is the link to YoeLeo's 25mm tubeless rims:
    29er Tubeless Rims - 29er Tubeless Carbon Rims MTB Clincher Rims 25mm

This is the link to where I read someone (Jimmym) was claimming YeoLeo is better:
    Yoeleo Wheels [Archive] - Bike Forums

I know nothing about YoeLeo or Light Bicycle. My purpose is not to start a debate whether Yoeleo is better or not. I just want to hear from people who have used Yoeleo's rim. I'm just doing research to see which one is the best to upgrade my bike. I'm a newbie who bought my first mountain bike in 18 years about 2 months ago. I bought a Diamondback Sortie 1 and the thing is heavy as hell. So I'm looking to upgrade it to carbon wheels, carbon seatpost, handlebar, stem, and crankset and eventually even a carbon frame.

If no one here has experience with Yoeleo rims, then I'll probably buy Light Bicycle's. I hate being a pioneer and find out the hard way...

Carbon & Ti rule
    The Yoeleo is 24mm outside & the LB is 23 inside so is much wider.
    I have a 6 Berth & 2 Berth Motorhomes that I rent out . They are based in Tauranga, New Zealand

AZ
    banned
    "Jimmy" is a shill. I frequent Bike Forums and "Jimmy" is not a contributing member there. Light Bikes would be a prudent choice in this case.

4 Niners
    Dec 2008
    Yea, the link he sent us was from a road single speed/fixed gear forum and they are talking about road wheels.

Members who have read this thread: 731