29" Fox 32 stepcast Factory vs Performance Elite vs Performance- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2015

29" Fox 32 stepcast Factory vs Performance Elite vs Performance

Hello all,
    I am building up a light weight xc bike and looking at suspension forks and cannot find out the weight difference betweeen a Fox 32 stepcast boost Factory vs Performance Elite and Performance model.

The fox website lists the weight of a Factory model as 1387g for the 27.5 version. Then I see a listing on ebay lists a Performance model of a 29er fork as 1500g.

Is there really only 113 grams difference between the two or is one with axle and one without.

I'd like to know the apples to apples weight comparison of Factory vs Performance vs Performance elite. Does anyone know or have any ideas how I could find out the answer?

Thx Lloyd

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    This was answered over at weightweenies. Apparently the only difference between factory and performance elite is the kashima coating - weight is exactly the same. The factory and performance elite have Fit4 internal dampers and the performance has grip which makes the performance model about 100g heavier.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydus View Post
    This was answered over at weightweenies. Apparently the only difference between factory and performance elite is the kashima coating - weight is exactly the same. The factory and performance elite have Fit4 internal dampers and the performance has grip which makes the performance model about 100g heavier.
    I'm not sure that is correct. It's my understanding that the performance models use a different aluminum alloy stanchion material and more of it has to be used due to it being weaker, resulting in the weight difference. 100g of difference is a LOT for a damper, especially on a 32SC.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Perfomance elite and factory are the same, save for the factory has kashima.

Step cast has the lighter lowers. I think you can still get factory spec without step cast lowers, that will be the weight difference is

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Howard View Post
    Perfomance elite and factory are the same, save for the factory has kashima.

Step cast has the lighter lowers. I think you can still get factory spec without step cast lowers, that will be the weight difference is
    Thanks much. I think I know what I need to know now.
    Lloyd