YT Izzo Sizing- Mtbr.com

Thread: YT Izzo Sizing

mtbr member
    Apr 2020

YT Izzo Sizing

I'm 6'2'' 230lbs, I think 34'' inseam.

YT in Large or XL? Looks like I'm right on the cusp of sizing.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Im 511 and I would probably go for L but I might consider XL (maybe with a shorter stem). I think XL would be best for you - L would probably feel crammed.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    At 230 I'd make sure to demo ride it first. That rear end isn't looking like it's gonna be really stiff under big guys.
    No evidence either way right now, expensive way to beta test.
    Ripley LS v3
    OG Ripley v2 handed down to son

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    https://www.pinkbike.com/news/yt-izz...20.html#riding
    Test rider 6'2" with 34.25" inseam at 165 lbs. On a Large.

"Despite that ample clearance, you can still hear the tire buzzing the inside of the chainstays if you really throw it into a big, supportive corner."

May have some rear flex if pushed.

A Spark is an alternative.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    At 230 I'd make sure to demo ride it first. That rear end isn't looking like it's gonna be really stiff under big guys.
    No evidence either way right now, expensive way to beta test.
    XL. But if you do, let us know. If it works for you, it'll likely work for the rest of us.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    XL. But if you do, let us know. If it works for you, it'll likely work for the rest of us.
    Not sure I follow you- after following the Sniper debacle, which I had pre-ordered, there's no way in hell I'd buy one of these.

Since not everyone was following that, I just felt a warning was in order.
    Ripley LS v3

mtbr member
    Apr 2020
    Not sure I follow you- after following the Sniper debacle, which I had pre-ordered, there's no way in hell I'd buy one of these.

Not following you here.. Should I be looking at a more robust build like the Jeffsy instead? Canyon and YT are on my short list

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by topslop1 View Post
    Not following you here.. Should I be looking at a more robust build like the Jeffsy instead? Canyon and YT are on my short list
    Basically yes. Like I said I could be wrong, but based on what happened with the Sniper which has a similar design (arguably stronger), I wouldn't be the first in line to buy one.

Look at the rear end, you're depending on the connection to the rocker for the stiffness in the rear. The YT has no upright member between the seat stay and chain stay, the Sniper had one.

Here's the YT

Now the Sniper with the crossbrace they added to help eliminate flex. Lucky for them the link is in front of the seat tube, on the YT they won't be able to add something similar if there is a lot of flex.

Here you can see the single upright on the Sniper rear. They added a second one to the drive side for the 2020 Trail model.

Take this for what it's worth. The carbon looks a little beefier on the YT, but if a 165lb reviewer is mentioning flex, just imagine what it'll be like under 230lbs.

This isn't a bash on either company.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails YT Izzo Sizing-snap4.jpg  

YT Izzo Sizing-.png  

YT Izzo Sizing-.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Ripley LS v3

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by topslop1 View Post
    What Im saying is: the IZZO certainly looks nice....on paper. But after reading the PB review, Id be skeptical. But, the Sniper had a well known issue (or intentional design that didnt work for some....depending on who you ask) and plenty of people bought those. Same with SB100.

So, if OP is determined to get one, he should get an XL bc of his size. And let us know if it works out. If it does, it might just be ok for those of us who weight a bit less... B/c Id certainly be interested in one...if it doesnt fall apart..

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Buy the Spark. Scott's rep is built on engineering light carbon frames. It'll take a 2.6 tire on the non-RC frame. Which is rated for Trail not XC. XL has 477mm reach. 460 for the Large. Alloy swingarm.

mtbr member
    Apr 2020
    Basically yes. Like I said I could be wrong, but based on what happened with the Sniper which has a similar design (arguably stronger), I wouldn't be the first in line to buy one.

Look at the rear end, you're depending on the connection to the rocker for the stiffness in the rear. The YT has no upright member between the seat stay and chain stay, the Sniper had one.
    If you look through the pictures of the Izzo, it does have a brace.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiauguinho View Post
    If you look through the pictures of the Izzo, it does have a brace.

Brace or not, if a 165lb rider is having issues with flex enough to buzz the tire on the stay, a 230lb rider is going to REALLY have issues with flex.

mtbr member
    Apr 2020
    That is definitely a problem, lets see what comes out of the first deliveries and if others face the same issue.

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiauguinho View Post
    That is definitely a problem, lets see what comes out of the first deliveries and if others face the same issue.
    It's time to ask the Pinkbike reviewer, who's the only reviewer in any website to experience it, if he thought it was lightweight XC tires or if he tried it with beefier tires with stronger walls.

mtbr member
    I've had my Izzo for a couple weeks now.

I am 5'10 and got a large. It's perfect with a 50mm stem (came fitted with a 60mm stem).

As for flex I haven't felt anything odd. I certainly haven't had any rub on the stays. I have a 2.4 Rekon on the rear of mine if that matters.