Yeti - Ringmaster (aka Big Top)- Mtbr.com
    On your left.
    Jan 2004

Yeti - Ringmaster (aka Big Top)

I think ringmaster would have been a better name, nevertheless . . . officially on the website - it's miraculous, it looks marvelous . . . behold the astounding Big Top:

http://www.yeticycles.com/#/bikes/BigTop/1/

hyperbole aside - I like the looks. I can't stand S-shaped downtubes a la Specialized (and others). The geometry includes larger riders like me. The price is very reasonable.

Any reviews, riders yet?
    M

Church of the Bike

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    So i just got the E-Mail about the Big Top. I knew about the frame months ago. So listening to the VO (voice over for those who don't work in audio post) felt like there was some disinterest conveyed. maybe it is me but i got the feeling this was a project that Yeti didn't want to do....

Church of the Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by myke2241
    So i just got the E-Mail about the Big Top. I knew about the frame months ago. So listening to the VO (voice over for those who don't work in audio post) felt like there was some disinterest conveyed. maybe it is me but i got the feeling this was a project that Yeti didn't want to do....
    I've heard there are two distinct camps at Yeti regarding 29ers. I think it made for a better bike since the believers needed to prove themselves to the guys in the same building.

Cars Are Evil
    Horrible web site. I hate auto-play videos. Give me a spec chart and a geo chart.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    They seem a little stand-offish about some of their products, which I find disappointing. Got my wife an ARC-X Yeti Cross bike. The bike is beautiful, well made, and is just a sweet ride - wish I got one myself, and you see a lot of them in CO. That being said, try finding a single picture of one in their 1 lb massive color catalog... there are zero.

They seem to want to cater to their core DH roots so much it seems they're worried about being "trendy" if they put some focus on a different product - I think they could improve their marketing a lot in that respect.

Super Moderator SuperModerator
    There was a link in the email to an "Arc 29'er" but it defaulted to the Big Top.

Mistype or cat out of the bag ?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    They seem to want to cater to their core DH roots so much it seems they're worried about being "trendy" if they put some focus on a different product - I think they could improve their marketing a lot in that respect.
    Their roots don't lie with DH or anything like that. it started with John T winning all those XC races on their ARC frame. The ARC paved the way for all their DH, FR, AM, DJ etc.... bikes.
    after Yeti changed their focus from bringing on big XC names to focusing on DH, DS. that was the start of a slow death for the ARC. Don't get me wrong. The ARC is a great frame it just didn't stay competitive those making high end XC hardtails.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

I want a 2 x 1!!!

Finally, a 29er single speed compatible with ISCG mounts....WHY?.......so I can put a Truvativ Hammerschmidt on it and get a true 2 x 1. 22/36 up front, whatever cog on the back. Climbing gear and flatland gear. PERFECT.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yeti - Ringmaster (aka Big Top)-large_5.jpg  

30-ton War Machine
    never buy a bike with a seat that weighs more than it's rear tire....

Church of the Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by edgerat
    never buy a bike with a seat that weighs more than it's rear tire....
    Sliced a Ralph waaaaay too easily on the demo bike. Not a fan of those tires but can sell them easily enough to the racer bois around here.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I've got a Yeti ASR 5 A and love it. Also have Scott Scale 29er that is awesome, but would love to demo the BT 29er to see if the tapered head tube and carbon rear 3angle would make for a noticiably more stable ride.

Members who have read this thread: 0