Would you lug this up a climb.- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    jl
    jl is online now
    climb
    Reputation: jl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,293

    Would you lug this up a climb.

    A thousand words is not enough. Classic. Now for a curved fork .

    <img src="https://www.bikelugs.com/pacentigallery/bobbrown29er_gallery/images/29er_complete.jpg"/>
    We don't need more to be thankful for; we just need to be more thankful.

  2. #2

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    36

    Good Looking

    That is one good looking bike, but you already know that.

  3. #3
    used to be uno-speedo....
    Reputation: dirtdrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,276
    Stunning bike.

  4. #4
    Witty McWitterson
    Reputation: ~martini~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5,023
    Bob is a local to me. He's actaully done some work for me too. All of his bikes are like this. Stunning peices of ridable art. He's a super nice guy that can ride your assss off at the drop of a hat. He had a helluva time getting those lugs to work with the 29" format. The angles are all wacky, so he had to cold work them to get them to match up w/what he needed. I think he'd do another one like this, but it'll cost ya.

    Oh, and this bike is even more beautiful in person. I'd easily compare it to some of the vanilla's I've seen posted up here.
    Just a regular guy.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ernesto_from_Wisconsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,006
    Quote Originally Posted by ~martini~
    Bob is a local to me. He's actaully done some work for me too. All of his bikes are like this. Stunning peices of ridable art. He's a super nice guy that can ride your assss off at the drop of a hat. He had a helluva time getting those lugs to work with the 29" format. The angles are all wacky, so he had to cold work them to get them to match up w/what he needed. I think he'd do another one like this, but it'll cost ya.

    Oh, and this bike is even more beautiful in person. I'd easily compare it to some of the vanilla's I've seen posted up here.
    Really? A local over in Viroqua? Badass!
    I rode the KM today. But that Bob bike is nicer looking than my japanimation bike.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    410
    Quote Originally Posted by ~martini~
    Bob is a local to me.
    Wow. It's perfect. How do you get in touch with him?

  7. #7
    reaper
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    43

    linky

    Quote Originally Posted by slim_pickens
    Wow. It's perfect. How do you get in touch with him?
    http://bobbrowncycles.netfirms.com/index.htm

  8. #8
    Witty McWitterson
    Reputation: ~martini~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5,023
    Yeah, through that link.

    And ernesto, no not here, but up in minneapplepus. I guess that's not really 'local' anymore, but I do know the guy. I've talked to him about doing a 29" tandem for Lisa and I. He's quite interested.
    Just a regular guy.

  9. #9
    Cold. Blue. Steel.
    Reputation: OneGearGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,709

    Holy Schnikees!

    what a beauty! with matching stem and fork- that is over the top in a grand way.
    does he build 'em without lugs, but with disc mounts? forks?
    wow- thanks for sharing. enjoy that rolling artwork!
    Spinning and Grinning...

  10. #10
    Witty McWitterson
    Reputation: ~martini~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5,023
    Yeah, He does TIG and FB work. He's pretty creative, click through the link to look at some of his work. Alot of hsi stuff has been posted on the SS board as well.
    Just a regular guy.

  11. #11
    jl
    jl is online now
    climb
    Reputation: jl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,293
    I would love this type of bike with a curved front fork and disk brakes. The complete retro/new tech bike .... Maybe some M-bars our Jones-Bars to round it out...
    We don't need more to be thankful for; we just need to be more thankful.

  12. #12
    Bored
    Reputation: bigwheelboy_490's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,982

    question

    Quote Originally Posted by jl
    I would love this type of bike with a curved front fork and disk brakes. The complete retro/new tech bike .... Maybe some M-bars our Jones-Bars to round it out...
    Hey JL, sweet bike. Were you not just going to try SS on a rebuilt 26'er when you got your Lenz? Or am I thinking of someone else? I guess by the change you've fully committed?
    MTBR is serious stuff.
    You never get better until you get out of your comfort zone.

  13. #13
    Fixed and single.
    Reputation: mordecai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    336

    Good job! F'avolous!

    Not only would I lug that beauty up a hill, I would do so with a sh** eating grin. I haven't seen many other people using the Torsion bar. Fantastic!

  14. #14
    jl
    jl is online now
    climb
    Reputation: jl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,293
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheelboy_490
    Hey JL, sweet bike. Were you not just going to try SS on a rebuilt 26'er when you got your Lenz? Or am I thinking of someone else? I guess by the change you've fully committed?
    Bigwheel,

    I did try the SS on the 26er for about 10 rides, including 3 offroad. And then--cracked frame. So I'm working on the next big thing. I'll post more when more becomes available ...

    That Bob Brown bike is not mine, but I've always been fond of lugs. I've never seen a 'true' 29er lugged MTB before I found that one on the web. I don't count the Atlantis as a 'true' 29er.

    It would be one nice blingy singlespeed...
    We don't need more to be thankful for; we just need to be more thankful.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    10
    I don't check this board that often, but I saw this thread and thought a reply might be in order, even if it's late.

    I do lugged 29'er's and can do pretty much anything else with lugs. This one is a pretty typical example of one of my 29'ers. I can accomodate disc brakes and build a matching curved rigid fork for them. I also offer matching lugged stems for the true lug connesseuir!

    Check out the website for more info, or feel free to give me a call at 651-730-7596 or email: [email protected] for more info.

    Thanks,

    Bob

  16. #16
    DWF
    DWF is offline
    Non Dual Bliss
    Reputation: DWF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Brown
    I don't check this board that often, but I saw this thread and thought a reply might be in order, even if it's late.

    I do lugged 29'er's and can do pretty much anything else with lugs. This one is a pretty typical example of one of my 29'ers. I can accomodate disc brakes and build a matching curved rigid fork for them. I also offer matching lugged stems for the true lug connesseuir!

    Check out the website for more info, or feel free to give me a call at 651-730-7596 or email: [email protected] for more info.

    Thanks,

    Bob
    Dang Bob, you're like a bad penny, you show up everywhere! Beautifule bike.
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

Similar Threads

  1. Any consensus for Chabot/Brandon climb TT?
    By Chester in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-19-2004, 09:59 AM
  2. Front wheel lifting during a climb
    By elistan in forum XC Racing and Training
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-30-2004, 01:02 PM
  3. CCP Stories
    By General Coonskins in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-30-2004, 10:03 AM
  4. Passion Hit - Roadie Style! (LONG)
    By parkmeister in forum Riding Passion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-09-2004, 03:11 PM
  5. Light front wheel during steep climb
    By JerryBoneJr in forum XC Racing and Training
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-11-2004, 12:58 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.