Whyte Bikes M-109 S- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Whyte Bikes M-109 S

Got a test ride coming up, and feeling like pulling the trigger on it... What's your thoughts?

Due out 1st week in Dec, with a weight of 12.2Kg's / 26.84 lbs. Non carbon rims 13Kg's. Carbon rims will be tubeless ready (rim strip like Stans), which will shave a tad more weight... this is a light weight 29er FS!

Here's a review of of the bike, mixed in with the 'trail' version which is 120 travel. They also preferred the 100mm.

Fork is the Fox CTD. I've never had a Fox on a bike of mine always going for RS, but I know Fox has come on alot recently

And another review from Singletrack mag - they rave about the 100mm being alot more exciting than the 120

The rear suspension seems to be pretty much a copy of Specialized's FSR but without the brain. I've come to favour peddling efficiency over plushness, and this will be my deal breaker, but this is a XC/marathon bike and from all accounts it's fast on the ups. I own a FSR with brain, but from what I have e-gleaned, a better shock tune would do the trick, and with just 100mm travel and Whyte's take on it, things look promising

Price is coming in very well, and with super short sub 17" CS's, slacked front and lifetime bearing warranty, what's not to like?

Last edited by bonesetter2004; 10-11-2012 at 01:39 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Somebody must have some thoughts?

Expert Crasher
    Reminds me of the old Titus Racer X. Looks racy and fast!
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Looks good to me. I'd ride it.
    YETI SB-66 CARBON
    SCOTT GAMBLER 720

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLightGo View Post
    Reminds me of the old Titus Racer X. Looks racy and fast!
    Agreed. I suppose it's in there with the current Superfly 100 and the Tall Boy alu, the main difference, and appeal for me is the bike has the shortest CS's of these (sub 17") and also is the slackest (69.5 at 100mm).

Looks like this is a Marathon mile muncher as well as being happy (and fast) on the trail

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I really like the look of... seems very good for XC races/trails. If you are into then go for that...

Members who have read this thread: 0