who's gonna fix it?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New question here. who's gonna fix it?

first off, let me say that i love my soma juice. i reeeally love it. no complaints, except for one. with a cane creek s6 headset installed, my 06 reba race definately wasnt clearing the downtube. i soon ordered a cane creek s3 plus 5 headset to reconcile the problem. with the new headset installed my fork cleared, but my gate knob still cuts into the paint a bit. really not that big of a deal, but come on, is it really that difficult to fix this problem already . sooo, who's gonna fix it? the fork companies, or the frame companies? will this ever get reconciled? who will step to the plate? why hasnt it been done already?
    Simple Living, High Thinking

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    I still say it is mostly RS's mistake for releasing a design that had clearance issues with many existing frames (26" and 29").
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Who turned out the lights
    I agree with Shiggy. Frame manufacturers shouldn't have to guess what kind of clearance issues are going to pop up from the next generation of forks. I also realize that that 29"ers have posed a problem that is somewhat new. The sharp DT angle and resultant fork clearance issues are not something that the industry has had to worry about for a while, but I do think that it can be resolved.

I also think that we'll have to wait a year or so, b/c I'm sure RS wants to recoup their investment in their machinery. I would bet though, that the next generation of Reba will not have the DT clearance issues, and everyone (myself included) that has the "first generation" Reba will have a more difficult time hocking them on Ebay once the new ones without the DT issue come out.

What y'all think?

Welsh Dave
    Jul 2005

Agree

Rockshox using customers to beta test their products?
    Surely not!

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Buxton
    I also think that we'll have to wait a year or so, b/c I'm sure RS wants to recoup their investment in their machinery.

What y'all think?

And He was Not
    I don't completely blame Rocky Shocky. Other manufacturers in the 26 inch world had these same problems. I've seen many a Santa Cruz that wouldn't clear fork crowns that weren't made by Rock Shok.
    The Truth is out there. Here it isThe TRUTH

mtbr member

Disagree

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Buxton
    I agree with Shiggy. Frame manufacturers shouldn't have to guess what kind of clearance issues are going to pop up from the next generation of forks. I also realize that that 29"ers have posed a problem that is somewhat new. The sharp DT angle and resultant fork clearance issues are not something that the industry has had to worry about for a while, but I do think that it can be resolved.

I also think that we'll have to wait a year or so, b/c I'm sure RS wants to recoup their investment in their machinery. I would bet though, that the next generation of Reba will not have the DT clearance issues, and everyone (myself included) that has the "first generation" Reba will have a more difficult time hocking them on Ebay once the new ones without the DT issue come out.

What y'all think?
    Most frame manufacturers design around forks and shocks not the other way around.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    With 29ers there are so few fork choices that it would seem obvious that the frame makers should consider all of them when designing the frame. I think Rock Shox deserves some of the blame for designing a fork that obviously creates clearance problems, but in the end, knowing that the REBA is one of the most popular forks for 29ers the frame designers should make sure their frame works with that fork. Look at the new Niner EMD - no clearance problems there.

Members who have read this thread: 0