Who uses Ergons??- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Who uses Ergons??

How many of you out there use Ergon grips? Do you use them on riser bars?
    How do you feel they are better than traditional grips? or not better if it appliies??

Thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I do...using GX1's
    I like it.
    It spreads out the load on the hands.Spend some time finding the position that works for you.

Pedaling Fool

I do!

I've used them on risers and flat bars, I really like them. I was getting some numbness and fatigue in my wrists on technical sections, enough at times that I'd have to stop and let the feeling come back. A friend recommended them to me and after I got over the weird looks I was hooked. Numbness and fatigue gone! Even on 2 hour+ races and rides. To me they feel more like my hands are resting on the bar as opposed needing to hold on for dear life. I have both the GP1s and the GX1s. While both work for me, I prefer the GX1s for the racier feel.
    Career bike shop employee for better or worse, lately taking my cycling self less seriously and just enjoying the ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I have Ergons on a flat bar on my 29er and a riser bar on my 26er. I think they are much better than traditional grips in terms of comfort. Your hands and wrists will not hurt after a long ride. The only downside is the weight, which is completely meaningless unless your a weight weenie. I will never use traditional grips again.

mtbr member
    I have GX1 on four bike. "Where ever there's a flat, there' a GX1"...
    I like them a lot. They are comfortable, easy to control and look good.

I tried a few other grips, but soon enough concluded GX1 was the best for me.

mtbr member
    I have GP1s and like them a lot better than regular OE grips. More comfortable, less numbness, longer rides...

Re-friggin'-Lax!!!
    Ergons (GP-1), solved my "pain on the outside of my hands" issue that have plagued me for a long time. They are one of those purchases (like Thudbusters, King Headsets, & Discount Manitous) that you buy try and if they are not for you, you can recoup most of you money through ebay.

Go for it...
    If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness is the deadbeat dad that knocked her up.

Weird Eh
    GX-1s on the EMD

Slow but unsteady

GP1s - Comfort and Grip

I use GP1s on a couple of Mary-style alt-bars (Soma Clarence and Origin-8 Space), and they are excellent. My primary bike is a Redline D-460 with the stock, rigid steel fork. Steep descents on rocky trails require a relaxed-but-secure grip that's a lot easier with the Ergons. Takes a little fiddling to dial in the correct angle of the wrist-support fin, but it's worth it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I have GX3's on my riser bar -- feel great and I think they look better than other Ergon grips as the bar-end is straight rather than curved inward which can look a little strange on some riser bars.

Noli Me Tangere
    Jul 2008
    I have the GC-2's on my Redline Monocog with the OE Syncros bar. With the bar ends it offers another hand position. Took some fiddling with to find the right angle as wrong angle will cause some wrist pain. I currently have it at level.

Still get finger tingling and not sure if its because the Ergons I got is a large and should be using a small.

Not being able wrap 4 fingers around was a matter of getting used to but this is my gravel grinder/excercise/JRA bike so its not a big deal. Its noticably heavier than the ODI Rogue it replaced but weight doesnt matter as its not a race bike either.

Last edited by Dial Tone; 02-10-2010 at 08:01 PM.
    Annie are you ok? Are you ok, Annie?

San Diego County
    I use them on my rigid SS and my FS geared trail bike. Work great for removing the numbness I was getting. If you want to try some cheap go to Performance and buy some Forte knock-offs.

mtbr member
    I am ALL about my GX2 grips and don't think I will ever switch unless they come out with something lighter. They have been on flat bars, riser bars, rigid and suspended bikes, with great success everytime. They do need a little tweaking to get them in exactly the right place but after that it is worth it for sure.

Over the Hill
    Yes on my SS and XC bike. No on the freeride bike, I am afraid on a steep drop not being able to get to my brake lever.

Dean

mtbr member
    I used to use them but make me grip really lazy and when I went downhilling again I almost killed myself with my hands coming off the grips. Now I use regular grips on all my bikes

bicycle rider
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDIN'MO
    How many of you out there use Ergon grips? Do you use them on riser bars?
    How do you feel they are better than traditional grips? or not better if it appliies??

Thanks
    Me.

Yes.

More surface area, shape matches my hand's shape. I use size L. I have them on four mountain bikes.

Morgan

mtbr member
    Thanks for all the replies... alot of "help" as in backing up what I was thinking to begin with...
    BTW, Morgan- Nice Ride!

mtbr member
    I tried the Ergon and hated them. Do yourself a favor and find a set of the Syntace Moto screw-on grip. The best grip EVER!

mtbr member
    One more Q- Are the Ergons compatible with oversize handlebars?? or do I need to invest in a standard bar

oh, and how big of a diffrence is there in the small and large?

Underskilled
    wow, I was about to do my long speech on how good they are, every single one of my friends now rides them, but it seems peeps above like them as much as me

bicycle rider
    One more Q- Are the Ergons compatible with oversize handlebars?? or do I need to invest in a standard bar

Oversize bars are just oversize at the stem clamp, not where the grips go. That part is always the same diameter so it's not an issue for grips.

Re size difference, don't know. Smalls feel too small for me. My wife likes hers.

Morgan

you do this at my size
    I use the GX3's with a riser bar on my MC29er. I've got big hands and like the longer barends.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    if you don't feel like riding, that's usually when you need it most

Yeah, I'll Ride That
    Yup - ridden them for 3 years now - and yes I use barends on riser bars (GR2s). I have also used the GP's and the GA's. The word from King Kerkove at ergon is that the larges are for people who either have freakishly large hands or are mainly doing rail-to-trail type riding. For any sort of technical riding the smaller grip would be better due to the increased hand wrapage (wrapage is a word right?). Personally I have used both and prefer the smaller grip even though I have larger hands.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOAB
    I use the GX3's with a riser bar on my MC29er. I've got big hands and like the longer barends.

I want a pair of these with the built-in bar ends like those!

AOK
    mtbr member
    I used the GX-1s for a bit. While they helped with my hand numbness problems, I didn't much care for the feel. They also seemed to be a little slippery (this could also be due to the fact that you can't wrap your hand all the way around the grip).

In the end I fixed my hand numbness problems by tweaking my position and going to a different bar/stem combo with plain ol' Oury grips.

mtbr member
    I had tried a set of GX2s on a buddy's bike prior and really like them.

I just put some GR2s (on sale and for the X0 twist) on my bike last weekend. 1 ride on them and they are nice.

Flyn G

mtbr member
    GX-2s with risers on the Sultan. I like having bar-ends any time I'm out of the saddle, plus they seem to protect the brake levers on my non-too-infrequent wipe-outs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who uses Ergons??-mtb-2009-232-800.jpg  

This computer system is not intended for use in the operation of nuclear facilities. -Mac

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Good job! Ergon

I have the GE-1 short on a Easton SL Monkey Riser, and love them, love that clamp.

mtbr member
    I have the GP-1's, size small on my Monocog. Like 'em
    Ride more!

dying hurts.
    esi's>ergons

Ergon Bike

Ergon grips will fit any bar.....oversized or not. As another MTBR member mentioned, this is the clamping area for the stem...not the edge of the bar where the grip is installed.

As for Large or Small? This refers to how thick and bulky the grip is. All of our grip, except for the GX Series, come in Large or Small. The GX Series comes in one size...and is similar to the "Small" labeling of our other grips.

For singletrack and technical riding, we suggest the Small grips. This allows for more hand wrap and faster hand position changes. I would say that 95% of the grips we sell to riders riding singletrack....they are Small's.....male and female.

Jeff K
    Ergon USA

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info Jeff,

Is there any chance of GX2/3 type ends on GA1s?

Rollin 29s
    Just bought a set of GX1s based on comments on this thread! Sounds like a good solution to helping with the hand pressure I've been experiencing with my Yeti bolt on grips.

Ergon Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by jonw9
    Is there any chance of GX2/3 type ends on GA1s?
    Only the GC3 and GX3 barends will fit on the GA1 grip. Also note that the GX3 and GC3 barends can be used with other brands of round grips. They have the ability to clamp directly to the handlebar.

Jeff K
    Ergon USA

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Just switched from GP-1's to GX-1's. GX's feel way better. Might try the new GA-1 Leichtbau's this spring.

the flerg
    +1 with Johnny the Boy. I didn't feel as confident getting to the brakes for power with my palm on top of the grip with various Ergons I've tried. Like the ESI's and have better control. I don't have numbness problems and I keep the two pair of E's just in case I want to try again. ESI chunks feel gooood.
    Dogs are happiest on bike trails.

mtbr member
    anyone using ergons with easton carbon bars? They dont reccomened using any grip with clamps on it.

San Diego County
    Quote Originally Posted by murtaghstyle
    anyone using ergons with easton carbon bars? They dont reccomened using any grip with clamps on it.
    Me. 2 bikes with Monkeylite XC's and Ergons. No problems at all.

dying hurts.
    the chunky's seem to be the best at dampening road vibration.
    and i agree that a good ergon position makes me put the brake levers in a really odd position.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I've just started using the GA-1's and love them.
    really subtle but provide full coverage of your palm in a more natural position. Very comfortable for any type of ride. Now adding a pair to my trail bike too (26 FS)

ADIDAB
    GC2 for me on a Syntace Vector carbon riser. Zero problems and very comfy. Have bought another set for the next bike. Really like the stubby bar end for climbing and the occasional change of hand position...
    My LBS | Riding this and this

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by fallzboater
    GX-2s with risers on the Sultan. I like having bar-ends any time I'm out of the saddle, plus they seem to protect the brake levers on my non-too-infrequent wipe-outs.
    Fallzboater,
    Glad to see another running GX-2's on their Sultan.
    I replaced my deck this past summer year, and it is one big deck.
    (That's a whole other thread....)
    As a result I have permanent numb ring and little finger tips on my screw gun hand.

Biking just made it worse with also sharp pain in my hand sometimes after riding.
    A couple weeks ago I put on some GX-2's. They are so much better distributing the weight on my hands. I also like the ability to change hand positions, no matter what the fashion police say about bar ends. They make me want to stand and climb more and like the feel even when sitting and climbing.

I have been experimenting with different bar widths by sliding the grips in on my 27 inch Easton XC carbons. (measure twice, cut once, right?) What widths did you end up with? I have noticed the bar ends do make the width narrower than without. Duh?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Hi,

what is the best for trail riding GA or GX?
    Is GX1 good for long time riding only?
    Sometimes I ride upto 100km per day, and sometimes I ride light street style (light drops, banny hope and etc) just for training to control my bike better on trail riding

Thanks

Fat & Single
    On my XC 29er i have ergons .... took a bit to get used to them but they are definately keepers now , just keep them semi loose/tight till you get them both level at the height you want them , if one "hand pad" is higher than the other it feels annoying
    Santa Cruz Hightower LT Evil Following Trek 9.9 Superfly SL IndyFab Deluxe 29 Pivot Vault CX Cervelo R3 Disc

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    GX1. Like it.
    Also tried GX2 - it's not mine

San Diego County
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzybmx
    if one "hand pad" is higher than the other it feels annoying
    That's true. I was having that problem on one of my bikes. Turns out the right hand brake position was changing but I thought it was the grip in the wrong angle. Tightened the brake, no more unevenness.

you do this at my size
    I contacted Answer products about clamping the GX3's to the Pro carbon bar before I bought the bars and they told me that Ergons were accepted as clamp on grips for their bars( 5nm ).
    if you don't feel like riding, that's usually when you need it most

banned
    Sep 2007
    Tried them on my AIR 9, and went back to the ESI Chunkys. Just didn't feel right going down the steep stuff when you had to get back with your butt behind the seat. Also, experimented plenty with position, and I was never able to get rid of the numbness in my hands. What did help a lot with the numbness in my hands was a setback seat post. Go figure.

Gold Member
    I've been using Ergon's for 3 or 4 yrs now. At 1st they hurt than I realized I set them up all wrong. For me and those people that I've help set them up, the best starting position is similar to that of an airplane wing. Sweeping down & back on top w/a level bottom.

I use them on my downhill bike & XC. Grip shifte & triggers. Riser, flat, and alt bars like Mary & Feegle bars.

I can't say that I notice anything special about the grips, but I can tell you that anytime I ride a bike w/o them, my hands hurt very shortly afterwards.

Also, buying the right size is needed, I bought a small @ 1st thinking the lrg's felt too big. I was wrong. Unless you wear a small glove, go lrg.
    CyclingCentralVa.org
    Shop Hand
    On-One Lurcher
    S-Works DEMO
    Crux
    BMC SLR01
    LOOK675

mtbr member
    Any idea when the GP1 BioKork grips will be released?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Ergons are the first upgrade on any bike I buy. I think I have owned six sets of various Ergon grips through the years. Plus, Jeff, Sonya, and Yuki are A+ people and I love supporting the company that supports them.

Now if I could only figure out why Yuki can ride so damn fast on the Front Range 50 every year. He flat out lapped me last year. I swear he pass me like I was standing still. You can't go wrong with their products. Solid and well thought out stuff.
    Free Wheel Coffee...A Coffee of Free Will
    www.Freewheelcoffee.com

Mac & Jacks African Amber
    Aug 2007
    I run the "enduro" style in small size (now named GE-1) with the bar-ends off of the GR-2 grips. I prefer the mostly-round design of the endro design but wanted the bar-ends for alternating hand position and pulling on steep uphills. The clamps are based on the same design.

I love them mucho.
    My Current Rides:
    '09 Trek 69er SS '08 Trek 69er 3x9 HT
    Clydesdale Certified @ 6' 4", 258 lbs.

is buachail foighneach me
    I've tried them a few times and never cared for them. I prefer ESI's.

I Ride Alone
    I had been using the Lizard skins moab grip (nice grip) which is a thinner grip, I had numbness in hands.

I tried the Ergon GP-1's for about a month, I still got bad numbing and they made the bike handling totally intolerable!

I now use the regular old ODI Rogue grip, and they seem just fine, much less numbing than before and great control.
    The Lone Rider.

mtbr member
    Threw on some GX3's for a two week tour I just did, really happy that I did... sold on them.

mtbr member
    I use Serfas cng 3 which is also an ergonomic grip with the bulge to spread out the force on the hand. It is a design that makes a lot of sense. Since I use bar ends as well, I might try the ergons with built in bar ends next.

The first mountain bike I ever bought was in 1988 and it was a raleigh with a big rubber flap sticking out of the grip similar to the ergon design. It is not a new idea. I wondered for years who made those grips and why that design never caught on.....
    Now look.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Been using them for years as part of a professionally designed ergonomic setup to protect against symptoms of Handlebar Palsy. That is; along with lp composite ergonomic bar ends. Almost all bar ends do not have proper shape contouring to relieve ulna nerve pressure and median nerve compression.

Also1, many don't set ergons up properly to stress releive the wrist and put the wrist; not straight. Also2, many riders with bar ends set them up way to upright putting un-natural curve and stress on the wrist and carpal tunnel. .

Proper wrist taping, core work, strength training, stretching and of; course proper setup with well designed gel gloves, ergon grips and lp ergo grip bar ends will give you years of symptom free performance. Your hands are pretty important. So take the time....

Here is some independent info.
    https://highperformancesports.blogsp...-palsy-or.html
    In above url, I might change from "Avoid letting your wrists rest in excessive extension. " To excessive extension or flexion; iow, try and keep wrist at as straight and not at an angle, as possible.
    Then add, "Proper core strength gives support needed to take stress off forearms, wrist and hands as a support structure." Actually, that is over simplification...gotta go.

https://www.hughston.com/hha/b_15_3_2b.jpg

https://www.lpcomposites.com/bar_gripsanatomic.html
    Those bar ends along with the lp bar allow tighten (within reason) warranty free worries on the bar ends.
    As usual, just a cyling forum, just an opinion and yrmv.
    Last edited by ghawk; 02-11-2010 at 05:20 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Used Ergons for a while, I was getting numbness in my ring and pinky on long rides and descents. The Ergons helped a lot with it but I took them off because I lightened up the bike a bunch and they weigh too much, about 250g each vs 75g for really thick and soft bar tape.

If you dont care about weight, they are great.

mtbr member
    I use GX1's on my geared bike and GX2's on my singlespeed. My geared bike came with ODI Ruffian lock-ons. I tried them on one ride and immediately changed them. My hands were killing me.

J .
    mtbr member
    I've had Ergons on my 29er ss for 3 years or so, not a bad word from here. Before them my hands started going numb after couple of hours of riding, after putting the Ergons on no worries, just ride ride ride. I do not remember the model name but mine are the ones with the small, devil-hornish bar ends.
    single speed bikes, single coil pickups.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I use the Ergon GP1 Leichtbau, 136 grams for the pair and only $30

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Anybody else have trouble getting these lately? QBP hasn't had the GX2 Carbons in stock since I ordered some a couple of weeks ago.

Did I catch a niner+?
    Quote Originally Posted by jonw9
    I use these in white on a Mary Bar. I also have a pair of Peats that I put on at the end of the season to see the difference.

Ergon:
    Pros:
    Better Hand pressure distribution
    Hands in a relaxed position more often
    Better for long rides
    Cons:
    Not the greatest of grip, if its wet out watch out
    Get dirty easily and almost seems to "flak"

Peats
    Pros:
    Solid grip, vert tacky
    Nice look (exact bike colors )
    Cons:
    Hand numbness
    Fingers seem to get restless with long rides

EDIT: Oh and unless your a direct decendant of big foot get the smalls.

EDIT2: A lot of my pain I found was in my bars not my grips, once I went to a Mary I relieved a lot of pressure in my hands and in my elbows. With a straight bar I always want to lean forward not sit upright in a more comfortable position so I was just putting a ton of pressure on my palms and wrists, this could continue after having wrist surgery.

pink
    Mr. Krabs: Is it true, Squidward? Is it hilarious?

HHL
    Que je suis bete!
    Nov 2004

Ulnar vs. thumb

I have ergons with barends on my 2 main squeezes. One is the grip shift with the short carbon barend and the other is on a ss, the GX3 with the new rubberized barend that is just about the right length to get the whole hand on it. They have indeed alleviated the ulnar pain/numbness problem, but have not helped with a developing problem: the lower thumbs are beginning to develop stress symptoms of what I've heard called "ski-pole syndrome." It feels like tennis elbow in the thumb to wrist area. This may be the problem Shiggy addresses with drop bars. I'm not going to go all the way to drop bars just yet, but I am going to try some radically bent bars, with ergons. I have some GX1 grips that I am going to try with either Carnegie bars or fubars, whichever I find first and cheapest. I have played around with leaving my hands on the barends exclusively for awhile, as well as not wrapping my thumbs, and, in both cases, notice an immediate reduction in discomfort. Going the other way, I have tried shallow bend bars 3-5 degrees, and notice immediate discomfort. I will report back later if the radical bend bars seem to help on the long term. I have the radically shaped LP bar ends as well, that I haven't used for awhile, and may go back to them and see what happens as the pain has increased since I stopped using them on my singlespeed.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Used them for about a year. Very happy with them. Then I went "weight-weenie" and decided they were just too heavy (I had the carbon one). Would look at them again if they were much lighter.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyBoy
    Tried them on my AIR 9, and went back to the ESI Chunkys. Just didn't feel right going down the steep stuff when you had to get back with your butt behind the seat. Also, experimented plenty with position, and I was never able to get rid of the numbness in my hands. What did help a lot with the numbness in my hands was a setback seat post. Go figure.
    That sounds like you had too much weight on your hands. Doubt any grip would have fixed your problem.

mtbr member
    I used Ergon grips for three years until recently I switched to grip shift and find they no longer work. I have large hands,and when twisting the shifter my palm gets caught on the platform of the grip. It has also caused the grip to start tearing from the pad. I probably only have 500 miles on these too. I still use my Ergons on my bikes with triggers,and they are awesome.

Here is the tearing I'm talking about.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who uses Ergons??-img_4901.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I use GX-2s on my risers on my 26er. They are AWESOME!! Especially for climbing. On long medium grade climbs I can just rest my hands on there and focus on pedaling. On steep, loose, technical climbs I grab the bar ends, just out of the saddle and just power, I just said this weekend to a buddy after one of those climbs..."I can't believe I used to do that without bar-ends, so much harder!"

My only advice is to put them on wide bars. With the wider platforms it forces your hands in a touch to get a good grip on downhills. Also I', 5'8" with small-to-average size hands and find them to bit a touch big. I was actually looking for Ergons that are smaller.

bicycle rider
    Quote Originally Posted by WindWithMe
    I used Ergon grips for three years until recently I switched to grip shift and find they no longer work. I have large hands,and when twisting the shifter my palm gets caught on the platform of the grip. It has also caused the grip to start tearing from the pad. I probably only have 500 miles on these too. I still use my Ergons on my bikes with triggers,and they are awesome.

Here is the tearing I'm talking about.
    I have gripshift and the shorty "L" Ergons on a couple bikes, so far so good. Not that model tho.

Morgan

Recovering Weight Weenie
    I do. Made riding fun again.

mtbr member
    $15 gp-1's in large changed my riding experience forever. I have big hands, but i don't think they're crazy huge. I've never tried the small gp-1s but i have zero complaints about the large's.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    I guess I'm a direct descendant of sasquatch. . . . .

I've been using the large GP1's for a few years (worn them smooth) with gripshift and would like to use a GA1, but apparently they are not (yet) made for gripshift. I have ridden a bike with them (with trigger shifters and they seem to be large enough (barely) for me to be comfortable. Most grips feel like I'm holding onto a 1/2" copper water pipe.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ERGON
    For singletrack and technical riding, we suggest the Small grips.
    The S fit me better and I've got pretty thick/long hands for my size (XL glove size).
    Phenomenally more comfortable than anything else tried.

NMBP
    I've been using Ergons since they first showed up. It's nice to finally have a large diameter grip. I wear XXL gloves that barely fit. I've been using the GC3 grip for 3 months and I'm hooked. I love the multiple hand positions.

Sweeper
    Gx2 Carbon here for the past 2 years. I will not go back to another grip. I like them for being able to change hand position. Not weight weenie grips but I prefer the comfort.

Ergon Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by bcpedaler
    Any idea when the GP1 BioKork grips will be released?
    Start looking for the BioKork in late April.....April 25th to be exact

Jeff K
    Ergon USA

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Just got my GX3 set in the mail today. I am really looking forward to putting these thru the paces. I also like the fact that if I don't like the way the GX1 portion of the grip feels, I can switch to a GA1 and still use the barend. I really like the feel and shape of the GX3 barend. Haas a nice fit to the shape of my hand and feels natural to hold.

Ergon Bike
    FYI: The GX3 and GC3 barend will fit on the GA1 grip. It will NOT work on the GE1. The clamp and barend interface is the same on these grip models (GA1, GC3, GX3). We sell the GX3 and GC3 barend on our website.

http://www.ergon-bike.com/us/en/shop...ry/spare-parts

Also, the GX3 and GC3 barend will work with regular grips....ESI, Oury, ODI, etc, etc, etc.

Jeff K
    Ergon USA

Ergon Bike

Overall product supply

Ergon supply at the retail level should start to pick up again. The North American market just got a fresh shipment of product. So, that means places like QBP, BTI, etc, etc, should start to show solid instock numbers.

Jeff K
    Ergon USA

redefined
    GX1. Love them. Took care of my hand numbness issues.
    And though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours...I simply am not there.

mtbr member
    I swear by them. I had really bad RSI and numbness issues that came from working on a computer all day and riding bumpy trails on the bike. Ergons made a huge difference, and basically allowed me to ride long days again.

mtbr member
    I use these
    http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product-S...lack-13134.htm
    Cheaper, run them for over 2 years and still going strong, great for climbing as well.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=Padre]I do. Made riding fun again.

I don't think you can call yourself the worlds biggest weight weenie if you have Ergons, considering other weight weenies say they are too heavy....

Bunker Hill Bikes

Bar Ends

Quote Originally Posted by ERGON
    Also note that the GX3 and GC3 barends can be used with other brands of round grips.

Jeff K
    Ergon USA
    Jeff,

Does Ergon sell the GX3 or GC3 barends only? If so, who does?

Thanks,

Chad

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Yes. Ergons and riser bars.
    "I can only assume chan slap is what happens when you get assaulted by Jackie Chan. I don't think anybody can prevent that."

Ergon Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by cjsbike
    Does Ergon sell the GX3 or GC3 barends only? If so, who does?
    As mentioned a few posts above......

We sell the GX3 and GC3 barend on our website. This is the only place to buy just the barends.

http://www.ergon-bike.com/us/en/shop...ry/spare-parts

Also, the GX3 and GC3 barend will work with regular grips....ESI, Oury, ODI, etc, etc, etc.

Jeff K
    Ergon USA

mtbr member
    I just installed the GP1's this weekend.... don't prefer the look but they kept my hands from going in awkward positions like before. I've only used them on the road so far, the trails are all ice and unridable at this time. We'll see how they work on the trails.

Members who have read this thread: 0