Who puts the squish in their 29er- Mtbr.com
    Long Live Long Rides
    May 2008

Who puts the squish in their 29er

I'm looking for a full suspension 29er. I'm looking for a trail bike that has excellent small bump compliance and good medium hit. I don't care about efficiency. I have been riding a horst link (Chumba XCL) for several years and really like it. Last year I bought a Niner RIP and tried it for a few months. I ended up keeping the Chumba and selling the Niner - mostly due to the rear suspension. The Niner didn't absorb as well as the Chumba. I did like some things about the bigger wheels and want to find out who makes a very active suspension 29er with about 4-5" travel.

Thanks for any ideas.

On wuss patrol
    Try the W.F.O., the Intense Tracer 29, or Giant Anthem X? If the RIP with CVA wasn't to your liking, I can't imagine what will suit you more than any of the virtual pivot designs or the Maestro on the Giant. Most 29er suspensions, ime, are less plush versions of the 26" variety and therefore more racy feeling. The virtual pivot designs seem to be the most plush.
    Sometimes, you need to go fast enough that the trail is a blur to find clarity. -- Wild Bill

mtbr member
    If you like the DW link, try the Pivot 429 and the Turner Sultan.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    +1 on the PIVOT 429...if I ever get rid of my PIVOT MACH4, this would be its replacement.

Members who have read this thread: 0