Who makes silver rims?- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Nat
    Nat is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    14,144

    Who makes silver rims?

    So I need silver rims for a new wheelset but most I'm looking up come in black only. I've found Salsa Delgado Cross rims in silver, but that's about it. Steve from Niner's I9 wheels have pewter Stan's rims, but the NoTubes site only shows black. Who else makes silver rims? Help!

  2. #2
    Schipperkes are cool.
    Reputation: banks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,154
    Mavic
    Velocity
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.
    I ride so slow, your Garmin will shut off.

  3. #3

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    687

    Do a search...

    Oh sorry Nat it's you...
    How about the Rhino's like mine 36H, 27mm wide, 6xxgrams.
    Available at Webcyclery...

  4. #4
    Bored
    Reputation: bigwheelboy_490's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,982
    IRD Clydes appearently.
    MTBR is serious stuff.
    You never get better until you get out of your comfort zone.

  5. #5
    Nat
    Nat is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    14,144
    Quote Originally Posted by PinsNeedles
    Oh sorry Nat it's you...
    How about the Rhino's like mine 36H, 27mm wide, 6xxgrams.
    Available at Webcyclery...
    Are you riding today?

  6. #6

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    687

    Hmmm...

    Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    Are you riding today?
    Well, it does look a little scary out today...
    Are you working? I'm dumb enough to go out in the wind and snow, I know you are too
    Jefe'.

  7. #7
    Nat
    Nat is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    14,144
    Quote Originally Posted by PinsNeedles
    Well, it does look a little scary out today...
    Are you working? I'm dumb enough to go out in the wind and snow, I know you are too
    Jefe'.
    I am not scheduled to work, but I'm going to go in to get a few things done. I wanted to ride somewhere today since the new bike is built, but this blizzard is jacking with me. I wonder if it's less stormy out by Grey Butte or Horse Ridge?

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    45

    Rhyno Lites

    32- and 36-hole in bright, polished silver. Little bit heavy but wide and absolutely bomber. Build it right and it will last you many, many miles, my son.

  9. #9

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    687

    True,

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyoxygen
    32- and 36-hole in bright, polished silver. Little bit heavy but wide and absolutely bomber. Build it right and it will last you many, many miles, my son.
    But I think the polished silver only comes in 36H.

  10. #10
    Nat
    Nat is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    14,144
    Quote Originally Posted by PinsNeedles
    But I think the polished silver only comes in 36H.
    They're a bit too hefty for what I want, but thanks for the info. I'm trying to get this bike in the low to mid 20# range.

    BTW Jeff, Todd called and he's not working today either. He was thinking about going out to Grey Butte but the local weather report says "feels like -4F" out there so he's in a holding pattern too. He just ordered a new Intense 6.6, so it's your turn to call Wade about that Ti Vulture. I saw him at the supermarket a couple of days ago and he seemed pretty enthused about titanium.
    Last edited by Nat; 02-17-2006 at 09:47 AM.

  11. #11
    Student of the Bike
    Reputation: CBaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    773
    I bought the Stan's Olympic rim(s) and then had them professionally de-annodized. I then polished them up and took them back for a clear annodized coating. They look pretty good.

  12. #12
    Eric the Red
    Reputation: edoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    438

    Mavic Open Pros

    I have a set of silver Open Pros waiting for a hubset. My current wheels are built with OPs and I have had no problems. They are only a couple of mms narrower than the Bonty 29er rims they replaced, and I do not notice the difference. I know lots of people shy away from road rims, but don't count them out. BTW, I weigh 190 and we have lots of rocks here.

  13. #13
    Big Wheel Homer !!
    Reputation: cruzthepug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,749
    IRD Clyde. This is the second set of Clydes I've built. The first set is on a friends Asylum and have not seen the truing stand since being built. This set is for a future SS project. These two rims came in at 530 and 532 grams. These won't be the lightest wheelset around, but they should be around a long time. IRD Clyde rims, DT Swiss Onyx, DT 14g champion spokes, DT blue nips.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  14. #14
    Work Shed...
    Reputation: Rootberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    563
    forget silver, where can I get hot pink rims?



    or possibly peach....?
    It's not hip hop, it's electro.....

  15. #15
    This place needs an enema
    Reputation: mikesee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    13,881

    in silver?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    So I need silver rims for a new wheelset but most I'm looking up come in black only. I've found Salsa Delgado Cross rims in silver, but that's about it. Steve from Niner's I9 wheels have pewter Stan's rims, but the NoTubes site only shows black. Who else makes silver rims? Help!
    Sun CR18's (32 and 36), DT TK's (32), DT RR's (28, 32, 36), and at least one other that I'm forgetting right now...

    MC

  16. #16
    twinkie
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Sun CR18's (32 and 36), DT TK's (32), DT RR's (28, 32, 36), and at least one other that I'm forgetting right now...

    MC
    The DT TK's are only available in Silver for the European Market. The only way to get them here is to order 500 or something crazy like that. Just trying avoid any confusion.

  17. #17
    This place needs an enema
    Reputation: mikesee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    13,881

    Correct, sort of...

    Quote Originally Posted by losjefes
    The DT TK's are only available in Silver for the European Market. The only way to get them here is to order 500 or something crazy like that. Just trying avoid any confusion.
    That's mostly correct. I paid to bring a case of these into the US, and I have them available to build right now in 32h. See my signature ad for more details.

    Thanks,

    MC

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.