White Brothers Magic- Mtbr.com
    Single Speed Junkie

White Brothers Magic

With the Magic fork I can't seem to get the right leg from pouring out oil every ride. It has been back to WB a few times now and will remain leak free for 2 rides then the oil returns. Does anyone else have time on this WB forks and if so how do you get this fork to work reliably?

Thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I have three, and all are trouble free. Maybe you got a lemon. Maybe WB will give you a deal on a replacement.

Underskilled
    Darek at WB is amazing (tell him I said hi).

This is not a normal fork supplier, they are happy to discuss issues and send out custom internals to fix issues.

Can you expand on the issue?

Where is the oil leaking from?

If from the bottom, probably dampener issues, I am on my third now!

If leaking onto the stanch, blown seals, happened once.

Single Speed Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveGiant
    Can you expand on the issue?

Where is the oil leaking from?
    Oil is coming out the top end of the seal when cycled. Oil is clean and thick which attracts dirt so I'm cleaning the leg about 3-4 times per ride in attempts to keep dirt out of the internals. Even with wiping up the mess I get oil running down the leg.

I'll give WB another call and see what they can recommend. Thanks for the heads up. The WB on the 26" wheeled SS worked great for a few years, now my friend is rocking the fork w/o issues. My 29er WB is the one that seems to have issues.

Underskilled
    A small amount of seal leakage is good, it keeps the multilayer seal lubricated and expels dirt.

Keep on Rockin...
    I predict this thread, like all WB threads, will deteriorate into a bash session.

Single Speed Junkie
    Threads don't have to be negative. Intent of starting the thread is to see what if anything I was missing or doing wrong in setup. Regardless Today I spoke with WB and they offered a few solutions. In attempts to figure things out fork is heading back to WB for evaluation and hopefully repaired once and for all. WB was very professional about everything and I expect the fork back in time for SSWC. I'll follow up later with a full report.

mtbr member
    Got a magic, love it, no leaks....
    Sit and spin my ass...

Mr. OCRider
    Oct 2008
    White Brothers! They make a great ridged fork.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    4 White brothers squishy forks and 2 carbon ones in the house. No problems, love them all and it's a good company. Hope your seal issue gets taken care of. We went through same thing years ago with terralogics from FOX and ultimately we never found resolution. WB is a small Colorado company that takes customer service seriously, good luck!

Members who have read this thread: 0