White Bros 1.0 concerns- Mtbr.com
    Big Wheel Homer !!

White Bros 1.0 concerns

Hey guys, I've had a WB .8 ordered for about 3 weeks now. So yesterday I stopped by the LBS that had ordered it and I found out it was going to be another 3 weeks . We called BTI and WB and got the same story. BTI has the 1.0 coil and 1.0 air in stock, so I ordered a 1.0 coil to put on a large KM. I know the difference between the two, air-coil, 80-100, but I just want a trouble free ride. With plans for a FS 29er later in the spring I opted for the 1.0 coil. Did I make a mistake? Should I have waited for the .8?

BTW - Van Dessel's web sight is up. The Buzzbomb has pricing but no pics or specs yet.

Thanks

Jan 2004
    Cruz, if it's going to get you rolling sooner sounds like it's a good move. You can always get the .8 as well when available and keep the 1.0 for your FS rig.

Sam

Squalor
    Jan 2004

I'm in the same boat...

I have a BW 0.8 on order at my LBS, but they told me it would be the middle of Febuary before it comes in. They said the 1.0 is available now. So far I have held out for the 0.8, but I am not sure why. I have heard nothing but good things about the 1.0, and I just want a reliable fork, so the 1.0 coil seems like a logical choice.

Is the 1.0 coil able to be limited to 80mm or is that just the 1.0 air? What is the weight difference b/w the 1.0 coil and the 0.8 air?

I wonder about geometry changes also putting a 100mm fork on a bike designed for 80mm? (I bet all this has been discussed here before, I just need to do a search)

Who knows - I am anxious to get your impressions.

I would think all would be fine. We can dwell on little things like this on these forums, and then once you start riding all worries dissappear and everything is just right. No worries about 80mm/100mm or air/coil...

Good Luck and post when you get everything setup
    LP

Recovering couch patato
    So, with all the things we hear about troublesome deliveries of WB forks...are they spending too little of their capacity on us, or just not able to handle the huge deamnd for $600 29" forks? I hardly ever hear anything about them in the 26" world, so I have good hopes for them the 2nd option is closest to the truth. Woudl be nice if a company got such a reward for supporting us from the beginning with high-end parts that have never really have us NEED a Fox, Manitou or whatever.

cruz, 1.0 coil 80/100 looks like a good choice for you. Your future FS will have the fork it can ever deserve, and the KM can always get a fork from the deal you stumble across somewhere in the future.

Enjoy your new fork, hope it coms in soon!

J
    Klok - XC - Skate - Ski

Bored

WB conversion

It is my understanding that WB BW forks are essentially the same externally, but with different internals. The BW 1.0 should be convertable in the coil version between 80 and 100mm. You should also be able to buy internals for the fork to set it for what ever travel you desire. Here are the links to the manuals.

http://ekosport.com/wb_manuals/03AirForks.pdf
    http://ekosport.com/wb_manuals/2004AirForks.pdf

http://ekosport.com/wb_manuals/03CoilVT1.3BW1.0.pdf
    http://ekosport.com/wb_manuals/2004CoilBW1.pdf
    MTBR is serious stuff.
    You never get better until you get out of your comfort zone.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Which fork to chose

I'll answer the questions that I remember from above.
    -I can only assume you will be happy with the BW 1.0 coil based on feedback from previous and existing owners.
    -If reliability is your largest concern, then either spring system (coil or air) will serve you equally well, our air system is as reliable as a coil system, as Mike C.
    -Weight difference is .3 lbs.
    -The coil fork is convertable to air for a fee.
    -The coil fork does have the ability to run in either 80 or 100mm settings - the 80mm is not as much fun...
    -In my opinion, the air is more versatile due to an easy ability to change preload (spring pressure) without effecting travel.

We are building as many forks to be on the shelf February 15th as we sold all of last year. Hang tough and we will have plenty of inventory to get us through the year without delays. Our original goal was for Jan 15th, but a materials supplier has held us up.

Hope this helps.

Jason

mtbr "member"

I take it you're on the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by rossixc
    I'll answer the questions that I remember from above.
    -I can only assume you will be happy with the BW 1.0 coil based on feedback from previous and existing owners.
    -If reliability is your largest concern, then either spring system (coil or air) will serve you equally well, our air system is as reliable as a coil system, as Mike C.
    -Weight difference is .3 lbs.
    -The coil fork is convertable to air for a fee.
    -The coil fork does have the ability to run in either 80 or 100mm settings - the 80mm is not as much fun...
    -In my opinion, the air is more versatile due to an easy ability to change preload (spring pressure) without effecting travel.

We are building as many forks to be on the shelf February 15th as we sold all of last year. Hang tough and we will have plenty of inventory to get us through the year without delays. Our original goal was for Jan 15th, but a materials supplier has held us up.

Hope this helps.

Jason

I take it you're a WB company man. If so, I'm not a 29er but am a huge fan of WB forks. Just one question. I was emailing back and forth with the guys at Enduroforkseals. Is it true you all are thinking about making their seals OEM on your up coming model years as soon as the seal development is final?

REEK

Big Wheel Homer !!
    Thanks guys for all your input. I feel alot better about my choice. Now I can't wait to get it in. I just got in from a night ride on the KM, and sure could have used it. The rigid fork is just too harsh on the wrist. The trails around here the WB is a must. I've only been riding 29ers since x-mas but I can't get enough. I don't know if its just the 29" wheels or being setup single speed or a combination of both that's making it so fun, but let the big wheels roll.

Thanks again,
    Steve

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Yes I am

Quote Originally Posted by Reek
    I take it you're a WB company man. If so, I'm not a 29er but am a huge fan of WB forks. Just one question. I was emailing back and forth with the guys at Enduroforkseals. Is it true you all are thinking about making their seals OEM on your up coming model years as soon as the seal development is final?

REEK
    Hi REEK,

Why don't you ride a 29-er?

Yes, I am a company man here at Eko Sport, Inc. Yes, it is true that we are working with Enduro for future seals. I'll let everyone know if and when that is going to happen.

Jason