wheel build for ax29er- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2007

wheel build for ax29er

Just got my first 29er, Giant anthem X29er and Im looking at building a lighter 29er wheelset. Crest rims and hope hubs. Its a common build so i wondering what length spokes have people used? Used the wheel spoke calculators and came up with lengths of 292 and 293. I have been told i could 294 alround, would this be right? also would DT Revs be ok or should i use something stronger on the drive side?

Plays with tools
    I always add a mm when using a stans rims, I think there ERD has been a little off, plus if the spokes are just barley coming through the end of the nipple that is about perfect, most calculation programs will put them at the start of the head if all the numbers are actually correct.

Revolutions could be just fine depending on your weight or ridding style. They will almost certainly be durable enough it's more a question of will you like the way they ride. Remember that spoke choice has a lot to do with wheel stiffness and since you have chosen a pretty light rim you may want to put a beefier spoke in it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    how much weight do you wants?

http://www.r2technik.com/crest29.html 1530g

with hope goes to 640,00

Members who have read this thread: 0