What's a good price for used KM frame and what size do I want?- Mtbr.com

Jan 2004

What's a good price for used KM frame and what size do I want?

Hello,

I got the phone number of a guy who is parting out a Karate Monkey and before I call him I wanted to know what is considered a "good" price? I realize it will vary with the condition of the frame but what would be about right and what would be too much?

I don't know yet what size the frame is but I wanted to make sure I know which size I'm looking for, I think the one I test rode a while back was a 20.0 and that seemed to fit. If it helps, here are the measurements of the old GF Cronus I've been riding. All measurements are approximate, I just checked them a minute ago with a tape measure and accuracy isn't guaranteed:

Top tube: 23"
    Reach: 28.5"
    Seat tube: 20.5"
    Seat height: 37.25"

Thanks.

Harmonius Wrench

The 20" should work

Quote Originally Posted by chris the monikerless
    Hello,

I got the phone number of a guy who is parting out a Karate Monkey and before I call him I wanted to know what is considered a "good" price? I realize it will vary with the condition of the frame but what would be about right and what would be too much?

I don't know yet what size the frame is but I wanted to make sure I know which size I'm looking for, I think the one I test rode a while back was a 20.0 and that seemed to fit. If it helps, here are the measurements of the old GF Cronus I've been riding. All measurements are approximate, I just checked them a minute ago with a tape measure and accuracy isn't guaranteed:

Top tube: 23"
    Reach: 28.5"
    Seat tube: 20.5"
    Seat height: 37.25"

Thanks.
    Your top tube length on the Monkey will be longer. That "reach" measurement is about what I run. So, if I'm reading that correctly, you'll need about a 100/ 110mm. stem, depending on your seatpost choice.

A used monkey, frame only, in great condition shouldn't be too much. Check out e-bay, there are Monkeys on there all the time. That should let you know what price range you should be in.
    Riden' an Smilin'
    Guitar Ted

Blog
    RidingGravel.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

20 inch maybe

Tell you what, I have a 20 inch I might be selling only to get a XL size frame. How tall are you and what inseam? I do know what I might be asking but check out the Surly web site first to see if it might fit and let me know. [email protected]

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cottonball
    Tell you what, I have a 20 inch I might be selling only to get a XL size frame. How tall are you and what inseam? I do know what I might be asking but check out the Surly web site first to see if it might fit and let me know. [email protected]
    I might be interested. I'm about 6' 1" with an inseam of about 35 inches, if I remember right.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

it should fit

Sounds like a 20 is going to be a good fit. Send a e mail and we could talk.

Members who have read this thread: 0