What Bikes Are Similar to a Tracer 2 29er for under $3000- Mtbr.com
    edj
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010

What Bikes Are Similar to a Tracer 2 29er for under $3000

I tried a bunch of bikes at a SCRAM demo the other weekend and was totally impressed with the Tracer 2. This bike gave me the confidence to "just ride." My current ride is a Cannondale Flash 2 hardtail and I really like the bike but the Tracer put a big smile on my face on trails where I would have struggled with the Cannondale. I'm in my second season of mountain biking and consider myself a beginner and sometimes intermediate. The Tracer climbed really well and went down rocky descents so smoothly that it startled me. I ride mostly at Three Sisters and Elk Meadow near Evergreen.

Soooo . . . I'm looking to get a Full Suspension bike similar to the Tracer. A new Tracer 2 is not in my budget. I'm thinking $3000 or less and would like suggestions on a bike that might provide a similar experience to the Tracer in that price range.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    many!!! and more on the way such as Transition Bandit, Kona Satori, Salsa Horsethief, which should be able to be built/offered at the 3k mark...and are coming soon..... Specialized Stumpjumper, Norco Shinobi and several others are avail. now I believe which have offerings around that price range and geo/travel.

Who turned out the lights
    Stumpjumper FSR Comp has a pretty good build for the money and very similar geometry. It's at least worth a look. MSRP on 2012's is $3100. You can get a good deal on a 2011 right now if you can find one in your size (MSRP $2700).

edj
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Thanks for the replies. I'm off to Outerbike so I'll have a chance to try out a bunch of bikes and get a hands on answer to my question.

mtbr member
    Nothing really but If I were to pick the closest one it would be the Stumpy FSR.