Well I guess no purple hubs:(- Mtbr.com
    Mashers Only!!

Well I guess no purple hubs:(

So I got pink instead!!! Don't ask but I scored some pink hubs and a pink headset thanks to TheRedMantra. So now I have to think of what I want to build around them.
    HUGH
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

Sweet...

...I was going to get that set up and put on my baby poo green KM for maximum contrast.

Kinda like putting shiny dubs on a hoopty - muy ghetto fabuloso.

Sean
    Professional Amateur

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Quote Originally Posted by HUGH
    So I got pink instead!!! Don't ask but I scored some pink hubs and a pink headset thanks to TheRedMantra. So now I have to think of what I want to build around them.
    HUGH
    I would suggest building a nice titanium 29er around those pink hubs. that should suit them peeeerfectly!

Witty McWitterson
    Yeah, don't use a WB fork though...
    Just a regular guy.

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Quote Originally Posted by ~martini~
    Yeah, don't use a WB fork though...
    If i know Hugh, he'd likely run a ti sibex or something...against Donkey's better judgement....

mtbr member
    Hey those look so sweet! Do you mind saying how much it all came to? I'm thinking about building up a single speed wheelset with king hubs and matching headset too. Thanks...Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by HUGH
    HUGH

Oct 2002
    Are the hubs and the headset the exact same pink? Looks like it...

Mine aren't...

Not a huge deal, but the headset it lighter. Wondering if it was the whole batch or just mine...

That's also a nice tshirt, isn't it? Super soft.

Mashers Only!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Padre
    I would suggest building a nice titanium 29er around those pink hubs. that should suit them peeeerfectly!
    Could happen

HUGH

Mashers Only!!
    Quote Originally Posted by donkekus
    Are the hubs and the headset the exact same pink? Looks like it...

Mine aren't...

Not a huge deal, but the headset it lighter. Wondering if it was the whole batch or just mine...

That's also a nice tshirt, isn't it? Super soft.
    Yes they are the same color!! And yes the shirt is extra soft!!

HUGH

Oct 2002
    Bizarre, I took a pic awhile back and and the headset was a lot lighter and now looking at them in front of me they are the same color... bizarre. I hate my memory, or lack thereof.

Good old American Apparel. That is who made the T, and who I am going to speak with about making some fer me...

faster than a glacier...

gotta have the ching if you wanna get the bling

Quote Originally Posted by dan p
    Hey those look so sweet! Do you mind saying how much it all came to? I'm thinking about building up a single speed wheelset with king hubs and matching headset too. Thanks...Dan.
    I was also lured into purchasing the pink hubset/headset. I was a little put off by the final bill when my LBS called up and said my order had arrived. $600 with shop discount for those three perfect pink parts.

My KM is going to be mo phat with the King parts and a new fork courtsey of Brad at Wily Cycles. My LBS is working on it right now.

Cheers

Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxer
    I was also lured into purchasing the pink hubset/headset. I was a little put off by the final bill when my LBS called up and said my order had arrived. $600 with shop discount for those three perfect pink parts.

My KM is going to be mo phat with the King parts and a new fork courtsey of Brad at Wily Cycles. My LBS is working on it right now.

Cheers

Ouch, $600?

6x7=Dont Panic!
    Those parts would look awesome on anything titanium, thats for sure. I saw a pink king hub on a yellow frame, and it looks suprisingly good. Hopefully my purple hubs will be ready soon! Not like I can really afford to build a wheelset now, but they will be impossible-er to find later, so I see it as a good investment. Hey Hugh, make sure to keep us updated.
    Herro prease

Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRedMantra
    Those parts would look awesome on anything titanium, thats for sure. I saw a pink king hub on a yellow frame, and it looks suprisingly good. Hopefully my purple hubs will be ready soon! Not like I can really afford to build a wheelset now, but they will be impossible-er to find later, so I see it as a good investment. Hey Hugh, make sure to keep us updated.

TRM,
    I am in the same exact boat. I have the hoops, hubs and just cannot afford to build the wheelset yet... But, pink and purple are a good investment. Did you see the pink group go for nearly $1000 on ebay earlier? WTF?!

My frame'll be Ti, but not 29er

6x7=Dont Panic!
    Quote Originally Posted by donkekus
    TRM,
    I am in the same exact boat. I have the hoops, hubs and just cannot afford to build the wheelset yet... But, pink and purple are a good investment. Did you see the pink group go for nearly $1000 on ebay earlier? WTF?!

My frame'll be Ti, but not 29er
    I was actually thinking of buying a set of pink hubs and reselling them on ebay, but thought it wasnt really right, and I am kinda lazy. I am however hopefully getting a pink headset with the purple hubs. So that makes a purple and pink headset and purple hubs. If I dont end up using the pink headset that can always go on ebay (Is it that wrong?).
    Heh, rereading my post, this has to be the queerest one I have ever submitted.
    Herro prease

Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRedMantra
    I was actually thinking of buying a set of pink hubs and reselling them on ebay, but thought it wasnt really right, and I am kinda lazy. I am however hopefully getting a pink headset with the purple hubs. So that makes a purple and pink headset and purple hubs. If I dont end up using the pink headset that can always go on ebay (Is it that wrong?).
    Heh, rereading my post, this has to be the queerest one I have ever submitted.
    Man, I was just blown away that it went for twice as much as I paid for it! Makes me wish I woulda bought a couple...

Pink headset with purple hubs. Don't you already have a purple headset? You could do something ultra chich: mix em up pink AND purple. Yowsa.